[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

kubuntu post-14.04 are all shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

Is it just me or are the versions of kubuntu after 14 all completely shit?
Ive managed to install 15 with difficulty, same for 16, but ran it for a few months while it seemed to crash more and boot to stupid screen arrangements wit no hotkeys or alt-f2.
Installing 17 was impossible. First attempot it locked up on partition manager screen. Second attempt it locked up as soon as i clicked the 'install kubuntu' livedesktop icon.
Meanwhile 14.10 has been just fine on my (other, main, only slightly newer machine) intel NUC the whole time...
WTF?
>>
Anything past 14.04 eventually becomes too much of a nuisance stability-wise to use for me

I've been using Xubuntu 14.04 for about a year now and I don't plan to """"upgrade"""" any time soon
>>
>>60852359
what happened? they were doing great things, and now it seems like shits on fire and pointed at the ground.
Is it just us? Surely there would be a lot of noise from the greater community if it started to get broken... Is there new people in control or something?
I'm a bit of a hermit, so I might not hear about it anyway, but iv'e seen no mention of gaggles of neckbeards bereavement-wailing about its decline.... or have they all gone full retard and now use ubuntu? (which still seems to have a network and cli only installer, so maybe all is not lost)
....but plasma?......FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuckoffcunt
>>
Ubuntu flavours are quite bloated, the best option is to get ubuntu server/minimal and from there install whatever de or wm you want.
>>
>>60852259
KDE 5 is repulsive, buggy garbage.
>>
>>60852677
It's not 2014. anymore. Try it for yourself. Oh, and by the way, some people would actually prefer file picker with thumbnails and no screen tearing "bloat".
>>
>>60852645
Umm... systemd and amazon happened
>>
>>60852259
16.04 was a turd in the beginning, but is better now. 16.10 is also mature enough not to be garbage. I rarely have issues with it anymore.
>>
>>60852686
It's not about features or bloat.. it's about it not working.. or even installing.
I have not experienced such an apparently shit software package for a long time. I'm stunned that any linux is as bad as the experience ive been getting post-14... i want to update, but can't... or can but end upo with a system so fragile that all i use it for is watching video.
I'm stunned. Plasma5 should have been fully ironed and ready to wear by now.
>>
>>60852675
I was considering the server altinstall and then sudo apt-et install kubuntu-desktop path... but from what ive experienced in a few weeks of 15, before killing it in sheer horror, and then nearly a year of 16... before getting tired of it's flaky bullshit... but to have the 17 installer fail twice on different usb sticks.. im thinking that the desktop environment post-14 is having personal issues with my hardware.. but 6Gb on an i5 with GTX660 really should not have such problems.
That's what I mean, i dont comprehend how its got this bad. Seems possible its just me, but I'm seriously starting to doubt that it's an isolated or even uncommon issue. I'm thinking it's just briadly shithouse on everything... mostly any pc older then a year.. methinks.
That's not how linux is supposed to be!
>>
File: 1483324529340.png (291KB, 511x512px) Image search: [Google]
1483324529340.png
291KB, 511x512px
>>60852645
There's no need to be upset Pajeet

I understand your frustration
>>
File: old-toaster-37551036.jpg (110KB, 1300x955px) Image search: [Google]
old-toaster-37551036.jpg
110KB, 1300x955px
>>60853456
ya rly
...so then it is an issue.. and there is community outrage... right?
Can anyone comment on whats been said and done? WHats the general feel for where it;s going to end up and whats causing it?...seen any dev comments?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.