[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that Linux is officially dead and obsolete, what's /g/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

Now that Linux is officially dead and obsolete, what's /g/ choice for a desktop OS?
>>
>>60848552
FreeBSD
>>
>>60848552
NetBSD
>>
Gentoo
>>
>>60848552
>Linux
>dead
Kek
>>
>>60848552
Open BSD
Plan9
Temple OS
>>
>>60848552
Gentoo
>>
>>60848691
>plan 9
>shilling for a dead bloaty featureless OS that died 80 years ago
>9front is shit
Retarded or just a hippie? Nvm read Temple OS, retarded it is then.
>>
File: raphi.jpg (51KB, 792x638px) Image search: [Google]
raphi.jpg
51KB, 792x638px
>>60848613
Yeah haha, thats old news silly
>>
>>60848861
fake news*
>>
OpenBSD
>>
File: q4pXd54.png (162KB, 568x602px) Image search: [Google]
q4pXd54.png
162KB, 568x602px
>>60848552
>>60848861
I know this is bait, but seriously, I can't take anymore of this.
>>>/v/, either actually LEARN informatics or fuck off.
I'm sick, physically and emotionally sick, of your incessant shitposting.
If you don't understand a topic, don't comment on it.
Linux is the furthest away from being obsolete compared to the proprietary and bricked shitfest that is Macintosh software and hardware, or the banal and bloated botware of Micropenis.
If you want play your shitty AAA games (in which they don't even bother anymore), rather than actually contribute to intelligent technology related discussion? That's great.
But newsflash!
We have a containment board for that rubbish:
>>>/v/
>Go home!
>Picture very much related, it is you trying to browse and understand TRUE /g/threads.
>>
>>60848552
Windos 7
>>
>>60848552
Linux.
>>
>>60848552
gentoo with vm of windows 7 with vm of hackintosh
>>
Minix 3 of course.
>>
Windows 10. Embrace the botnet.
>>
ESXi with a macOS VM
>>
>>60848552
Dam; we really gettin ride of the normies? Dam..
>>
File: aww man.png (600KB, 1080x1051px) Image search: [Google]
aww man.png
600KB, 1080x1051px
>>60848552
it is? I guess I missed the newsletter.
>>
>>60848552
Listen here you faggot

What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!
>>
File: neverever.png (562KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
neverever.png
562KB, 1360x768px
>>60850077
>0077
>>
>>60848552
Linux never was a desktop OS, what the fuck are you smoking.
Also it's far from dead.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.