[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New MBP: Apple won

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 29

File: Selection_003.jpg (123KB, 1269x1268px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_003.jpg
123KB, 1269x1268px
>Kaby Lake
>SSD faster than anything else on the market
>latest Intel and/or AMD graphics
>thin
>Thunderbolt 3 speeds for eGPU, storage, 2x 5K screens
>built better than any PC
>super-nice screen

Even I have to admit that this time they won big. I wonder which of the PC manufacturers will be able to create something comparable. Microsoft tried and failed miserably. Maybe VAIO will create something???

Thoughts?
>>
>>60847502
>Kaby Lake on a fucking Macbook

Jesus fucking Christ the throttling infernos this will cause
>>
>tfw no money

Still on an Early '08 MBP lmao
>>
>>60847502
I can feel it throttling already.
>>
Bumping for that windowsfags salty tears
>>
>>60847502
>babby lake
>in a regular build, can spike up to 90C and throttle
>housefire toothpaste sandwich CPU
>intlel tells consumers not to OC an overclockable enthusiast chip
>oh boy, applel Jews come along
>known for their jet engine poopoo inefficient air cooling
>2.8GHz CPU throttles to 800MHz
>oh boy intlel and applel Jews come together to create the Ultra Goyim-Money Collector
Enjoy your 5 seconds of 4.1GHz ultra goyim boost before your laptop throttles itself to 1GHz and sets fire to itself
>>
>>60847502
>4.1GHz kaby lake
>on a tiny fucking macbook
hoo boy
>>
finally no more lag when scrolling facebook
>>
>>60847502
Okay so

>Up to 4.1GHz Turbo Boost*
*When fans are at absolute max, and only for a moment until it overheats and throttles

>Up to 3.2GB/s SSD read speeds*
*in perfect lab conditions, with highest storage SSD in Raid.

>Up to 10 hours of battery life*
*In absolutely lowest demand use cases with minimum screen brightness and everything that can be turned off turned off.

Cutting-edge graphics likely being Vega, which who knows what it really is.

Thunderbolt 3 doesn't mean it will have enough PCIe lanes appropriated to be worthwhile for eGPU. Also, Apple doesn't necessarily support eGPUs and probably won't.

The screen will probably be pretty nice but my OLED display on my Alienware 13 R3 is probably better. ;^ )
>>
>>60847502
>proof by assertion
>>
>>60847615
>>60847650
/thread
>>
>>60847502
>Housefire Lake
(((louis rossman))) is going to make a fortune.
>>
>>60847502
Just got one last week. I fucking love it so far.
>>
>>60847650
>Apple doesn't necessarily support eGPUs and probably won't
The announced official support for them at WWDC

>my Alienware
>>>/v/
>>
whats the starting price for a quad core with 4k screen?
>>
not only does the screen not even come close to adobeRGB, but the scaling is fucking garbage and if you use anything else besides pure osx it will make you go blind from the blurriness
>>
>>60847502
>>SSD faster than anything else on the market
Eh, isn't that just the speed of Samsung's m.2 drives?
>>
>>60847610
Nothing stopping you installing Windows on the MBP.

Windows is just an OS.
>>
>>60847715
I didn't know that! Although again, they might not be able to dedicate enough PCIe lanes to make it worthwhile.

Why am I going to V?
I am using one of the only small laptops with a 1440p OLED display. Why is this gaming?
Because it has a 1060?
Because Alienware sells gaming laptops and desktops also?
Why is it that, because I have an Alienware laptop, I am suddenly ONLY a gamer using it for gaming?

You're kinda dumb, hey?
>>
I'm switching for the first time in 13 years from Windows to MacOS (MacBook Pro)

With Windows think that you are in control with the security and then you get fucked by a RAT with an encrypted stub that bypasses the in-built defender, avast and bitdefender.

I was on the verge of losing $200k worth of cryptocurrencies because of this. Luckily i have found the motherfucker when he was using my mouse remotely and started doing the cleaning manually. I've experienced moments of great shame because the last time i got hacked was 10 years ago.

Time to use a serious OS and not Windows Malware 10 (built for kids who game) which also loves to forcefully restart my computer and close all my unsaved docs because of some office updates.

The ones who hate on Apple are the broke fucks who play games all day and live in mother's basements. I was in the same category for a big part of my life. It's just a pajeet phase that i hope that you will all overcome it.

And do not even consider recommending me the dual core pieces of shit Surface Book or Pro. With the Surface Pro 4 i had the worst experience of my entire life on Earth. (Buggy tablet mode, Sleep of Death, Noisy fan). You name the bug and that piece of shit Surface had it.

Not anymore.
>>
File: mr-bean.png (194KB, 377x308px) Image search: [Google]
mr-bean.png
194KB, 377x308px
>>60847816
>this whole post
>>
>>60847502
for the unbelievably low low price of 2500 you get a "powerful" laptop with shit cooling and no software that will ever utilize its full power
all you do is check emails and browse the web
stop acting like anything you do needs what is in that laptop
plus youll never hit 10 hours, they didnt put so much time into making it slim maybe you would have a battery capable of getting 10 hours of real world use

>built better than any pc
cosmetics on a pc is like puting a blind man in front of a mirror
your pc is under your desk and you spend all of your time staring at the screen

>super nice screen
ive seen it in my local apple shop
it nowhere near as good as you think it is

actually research things instead of believing whatever the fuck apple tells you
it looks nice because you paid a lot for it not because it looks nice
>>
>>60847816
nigga windows vs osx has never been an arguement, everyone loves OSX except the freeware retards. OSX is literally the best OS right now

apple hate is apple hate, all due to price and shitty build quality of the internals (wrapping your foxcon shit in aluminum kek). if you want to spend several grand on a laptop, go for it, but make sure you do the research on old macbooks and how they consistently fail due to bad internals
>>
File: 2017-iMac-Pro.jpg (244KB, 1736x1434px) Image search: [Google]
2017-iMac-Pro.jpg
244KB, 1736x1434px
>>60847816
Hahahaha oh wow
This is as good as that Sniper meme text.
Are you an idiot, sir?
>>
File: image.png (134KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
134KB, 300x300px
>>60847532
>>60847595
>>60847615
>>60847623
These schmucks don't even know about mobile Kaby lake and how it's amazing efficiency allows for such thin and sparse cooling in the first place
>>
>>60847805
>>>/v/
>>
>>60847912
>Intel's skullfucked corpse of P6
>efficient
Gimping the shit out of clocks and cores is not efficiency. Zen is efficient.
>>
>>60847930
Zen doesn't even have a mobile line you dip
Tell me more about AMDs amazingly cool laptops
>>
File: jewshown.png (138KB, 354x504px) Image search: [Google]
jewshown.png
138KB, 354x504px
>>60847955
>what is Ryzen Mobile
>what is ANUS laptop with fucking octacore
>>
>>60847966
Yes what is it?
Is it the new Waiteenhundred M?
>>
>>60847865
I have used OS X a lot at work in my IT support role and goddamn if I don't think it's pretty to look at but not much more.
I like the idea of it, some things are quite easy, but not necessarily easier or better than on Windows. When something breaks or sucks on OS X, though, it is a nightmare.

Gimme Windows every time.
Although, I do tend to agree that Windows is becoming a bloated bot net.
ALTHOUGH, it is fast and smooth and relatively problem free.
>>
>>60847816
>thinking mac will be any safer
Install some distro of linux, and make a vm of hackintosh/windows when you want to access them
>>
Apple has won laptops for a while
>>
>>60847912
I have a Kaby Lake i7-7700HQ and it is one toasty son bitch. Right now doing based internet it is sitting at 60c. Doing heavy lifting sees it at ~90c pretty easily.

I've lowered the vCore by .140 in which it is still stable but have only seen increases of ~-5c.

I have also re-pasted the heatsink.

So.
Yeah.
Heaty.
>>
>>60847848
While I may not be able to speak on the quality of the cooling of Apple's laptops, I can say that the newer ones can crunch through 4K and 8K footage with ease if you're using their software because they can take advantage of the internals the best. Trust me, at least in regards to editing and creative work, they can be used for much more than just emails and web browsing.
>>
>>60847816
MacOS is fucking amazing. After using Windows so long you just get used to the shit, once you get an OS that just werks you realize how shit it really is now.
>>
>>60847624
>farcebook hires 1,000 more pajeets
>pajeets add 75mb of new js
>"we lag now"
>>
>>60848051
Works on my machine
Maybe you have the highest performance CPU in the thinnest and weakest cooling system, like so many manufacturers enjoy doing
>>
>>60847816
>I was on the verge of losing $200k worth of cryptocurrencies because of this. Luckily i have found the motherfucker when he was using my mouse remotely and started doing the cleaning manually.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>60847502
Can't wait for Luis Rossmann to open this one up and have a field-day laughing at the motherboard.

> SSD "faster"
I'll bet you $100 that this is yet another Macbook where the SSD is soldered into the motherboard.

If the motherboard on my laptop dies then I can just open it up and take the SSD out and put it in any other computer and that's all I need to do to recover the data. I don't need to repair the motherboard, I don't need to blindly solder anything with little or no information about the board because Apple refuses to share any information at all, all you need to do on a real laptop is to unscrew a few screws and pull out the SSD.

I'll bet you they've soldered the RAM onto the motherboard on this one too.

>>60847650
>screen
Anyone know what screen resolution this will have? I'm just curious since the eyephone seven barely has a 720p screen and they call that "retina".

>>60847682
Good for him.
>>
>>60848106
He is basically talking out of his ass getting that sweet shill money.
>>
For some reason all my music disappeared from Windows 10 recently. I had a huge pirated collection. Suspicious as all fuck although I probably just deleted it without realizing, you know there were reports of programs being automatically uninstalled by Windows 10.
>>
>>60847816
try buying a $50 hardware wallet you tard
>>
>>60847502
10 hours of battery life is nothing. Surface Pro 4 gets 12 hours of battery life.

Besides, it will invariably overheat regularly. That is the nature of macbooks.
>>
>>60847848
>your pc is under your desk and you spend all of your time staring at the screen

Dude, we're talking about a LAPTOP. While I generally agree with you it's obvious that you're not going to put your laptop under your desk while you're using it? Or perhaps you will, if you get some pillows and pretend it's a fort then it could be quite comfortable. And in a work-place scenario it would have the advantage that coworkers and your boss can't find you?
>>
>>60847502
It's not a bad machine, but if I was in the market I'd still actually prefer an specced out XPS 15, which still cost less than the base model of this.
>>
>>60848026

Thank for the suggestion, but i would like to do business with my PC and not crack router passwords. Can i install the office suite in Linux ? How about illustrator or photoshop ? I could go on and on.

Gave up on Ubuntu after the Software Updater updated TOR and deleted the entire Downloads folder. To this day i still don't know what the fuck happened.

>>60848106

What i meant is that i had my altcoin wallets on the same computer. I was using them regularly to make transactions from my PC to various cryptocurrency exchanges.

I got lucky because the idiot hacker decided to use the RAT just like Team Viewer instead of just using the keylogger.

>>60848168

I have a nano ledger, you imbecile. The thing is that it doesn't have support for over 99 percent of the cryptocurrencies.
>>
>>60847966
Why are you implying that there are Ryzen mobile chips when there are none and AMD told us at their financial presentation that there won't be any until the end-of-the-year holiday season?

Go look outside your window. Do you see snow? No? Then AMD isn't present in the mobile market-space. At all.
>>
>>60847615
Well hang on a second. the laptop chips don't have the chunk of metal, there should be no shit tin to worry about.
>>
>>60847502
still no games. How am I suppose to play battlefront 2 at 4k 60fps?
>>
>>60848310
Install windows. I would totally fucking do it too.
>>
tried one of these last week at microcenter, all my fingers broke from using the keyboard for 5 minutes, i now have to dictate to my computer with my voice using speech to text
>>
>>60848233
>I am a very real person and this is my real life story. This isn't a fabrication to fill my boring void of a life at all.

: ^)
>>
>>60848330
>muh feminine finger
lift some weights you betafaggot

>>60847848
>price
price is irrelevant. if you want the best you gotta pay premium. period. that's the case with everything in the world.
>>
>>60848095
That's what I'm getting at, though. This chip in the mac will do much the same as it does to me, only worse since my laptop is pretty thick and has a large heatsink/fan setup.
>>
>>60847502
This thing still tops out at 16GB ram, u fukkin kiddin me m8?
>>
>>60847502
>Look how fast my Mac is
Unless you're just that invested in running minesweeper pro on ultra why not just get Linux instead of admitting to the world that you're a power bottom?
>>
>>60847502
STOP FUCKING POSTING THIS THREAD JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>60848125
soldered ssd, soldered ram, great screen
>>
I just don't understand the hate here. Can you people not appreciate the bigger picture that apple is all about the more then the sum of it's parts?
People are so used to race to the bottom of the barrel pricing on junk plastic machines that break in a year. I'll take a 10% hit on performance for a reliable machine that will last and work exceptionally well.
>>
>>60848694
Gestalt
>>
>netburst 2.0 spawn
>cooling efficiently
That shit will melt.
>>
You let the blues move in now I'm moving out
>>
>>60848721
Kaby lake mobile is amazingly efficient, practically ushering in thin&light bullshit
>>
>>60847728
Upgrade your meme, the screen is calibrated to P3.
>>
>>60848436
Feminine fingers are the best.
>>
>>60848125
>louis "I'm a kike, so God has given me permision to lie" (((Rossmann)))
>>
>>60848746
>amazingly efficient
Do you mean throttles amazingly?
>>
>>60848761
>>60847682
wtf is this meme
I thought rossmann was /ourguy/
>>
>throttling 2016-2017 MacBook pro
>bad performance
not a single citation listed.
>>
>>60848784
People hate him because he doesn't share their opinions.
>>
>>60848845
No, I hate him because is a lying kike.
>>
>>60847502
But does it come with a digitizer/stylus?
>>
File: 1479674139498.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479674139498.gif
2MB, 640x360px
Apple always wins.
>>
>>60848694
The thing is while you get all those horror stories on the internet about Windows laptops that broke in 1 year just 2 months past their warranties, there are just as many, if not more users out there whose Toshibas or Asuses kept on chugging for more than 5 years. They don't particular care about things like UI consistency or intuitive workflows as long as they can fill out applications on the internet, use office programs, download pdfs, and have their printer working with the computer in less than 10 minutes. Basic computer tasks are basically all achievable with an HP envy or UX305 that are not too different from a Macbook Pro in functionality yet costs $500 less, so why pay so much more for that slightly elevated "user experience"?
>>
>>60848878
>He is lying because he doesn't say things that I believe
>>
>>60848233
>i
>>
>>60847502
>Up to 3.2GB/s SSD read speeds
Samsung SDD last year.
>>
File: 1490776516160.jpg (333KB, 1150x1621px) Image search: [Google]
1490776516160.jpg
333KB, 1150x1621px
>>60849132
>Samsung SDD last year.
not even close. Apple's SSD smokes Samsung SSDs. nothing even comes close to APple's new SSD.
>>
>>60849103
>implying
>>
>>60849609
>that boasted peak sequential read speeds of 1.6GBps and max sequential write speeds of 1.5GBps.
>revealed it could achieve more than 1.4Gbps for writes and more than 1.3Gbps for reads
>specs claim it has sequential read/write speeds of 3.1Gbps and 2.1Gbps per second, respectively
>pinned the needle on the read speeds at 2.2Gbps, while the write performance remains the same ... at 1.4Gbps
One, I love how they switch between Bps and bps.
Two, http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-850-Pro-256GB-vs-Samsung-SM961-NVMe-PCIe-M2-512GB/2385vsm147864
Welcome to Samsung m.2 SSDs.
>>
>>60847502

As someone who presses the ctrl key a lot, the laptop keyboard sucks shit, but otherwise it's an ok machine.
>>
>>60847715
/v/ might be utter shit, but they hate Ayylmaoware and any "gaming laptop".
>>
File: 1483364165195.jpg (2MB, 1800x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1483364165195.jpg
2MB, 1800x4500px
>>60847502
>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have <70% aRGB
>gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
https://9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

http://www.howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?
>>
>>60849721
Epic maymay
>>
>>60849684
nigga, we're talking about LAPTOPS!

kek.... stay mad.
>>
>>60847502
When will this be released?
>>
>>60849810
And laptops don't have m.2 SSDs?
>>
File: 1495576467142.jpg (17KB, 240x246px) Image search: [Google]
1495576467142.jpg
17KB, 240x246px
>>60849822
lol.. different power requirements, diff performance. stay in school.
>>
>>60849816
>When will this be released?
Nov 2017.

Feb/Mar 2018 is when Mac Pro will be out too.
>>
>>60849845
Same power supply, same performance.
Try going to school once in a while.
>>
>>60849851
When Raven Ridge will be available?
They couldn't wait at least for it?
>>
>>60849851
Damn. I was just about to buy the late 2016 model. Think I should wait? Currently don't have a PC atm
>>
Who cares ThinkPad workstations have been doing 4GHz with pcie nvme and Nvidia (not AMD garbage) with 4k screens for years.

Apple workstations have been a joke since jobs died.
>>
>>60849866
make a Hackintosh. should last you till next year for sure. I would not buy Mac Pro right now. it's a really bad deal.

it really depends on what you want to do with it.

>>60849862
Apple does not use AMD CPUs so they'll use Intel one. I'm guessing this is due to lack of Thunderbolt 3. AMD really needs to get their shit together.
>>
>>60849891
>Apple workstations have been a joke since jobs died.
That has all changed after this WWDC. Apple got a lot of shit from loyal Mac fans for letting everything stagnate. Then Microsoft kicked them into shins as well with Surface. Apple woke up and they completely demolished everything. iMacs are now amazing and RAM/disks are upgradable. Also, new Mac Pro will be completely modular.

Apple's definitely back on the Mac train.
>>
>>60849866
There will always be a new machine on the horizon. If you don't have a PC you probably need one.
>>
>>60849851
Wait, are new ones being released this year -after- the ones just refreshed at wwdc?
>>
File: 2_cute.jpg (28KB, 74x75px) Image search: [Google]
2_cute.jpg
28KB, 74x75px
>>60847502
>Even I
Who the fuck cares about you?
>>
>>60849897
>le thunderbolt maymay
Apple only has to buy the controller. I bet that the reason for Apple reticence to embrace Ryzen is either
>AMD as processor brand is seen as "cheap and bad" thus damaging the image of Apple as "luxury" brand
>Intel has grabbed Apple by the balls with contracts
>>
>>60849924
>That has all changed after this WWDC.
Sure if you love AMD graphics and OSX, the rest of the hardware isn't special.
>>
>>60849721
>Can we finally put an end to this meme?
copypasta*
>>
>>60849897
>AMD really needs to get their shit together.
This_is_bait.png
>>
>LPDDR3 maxes out at 16gb

It's handicapped, the only real reason to get one of these is the display but now everyone has good color accurate 4k panels on their laptops
>>
>>60847615
/thread
>>
Why the fuck do normies buy apple garbage?

Its overpriced donkeyshit for hipsters, yet people still buy them.

Seriously is there a cult or someshit regarding apple?
>>
>>60847502
No thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9BNJrd70Wg
>>
>>60849721

>Being this buttblasted
>>
>>60847502
Why won't Apple go with Ryzen?
They're using them of GPUs, just go all in.
>>
>>60850506
Ryzen wasnt ready in time for 2017.

Mobile Ryzen may be in 2018 model.
>>
>>60850777
Fuck, I hope that happens next year.
I'd buy the shit out of a Macbook or Surface with a Ryzen CPU and external Vega GPU compatibility.
>>
>>60847502
>Microsoft tried and failed miserably.

When? The Surface laptop clearly wasn't their answer to this.
>>
>>60847615
>it waz da jooz
>>>/pol/
>>
>>60849721
You're a fucking idiot and here's why: In the image you posted you used images and keyboard complaints about a MacBook AIR which, while still expensive, is more or less the middle to low tier laptop that Apple sells and is currently the cheapest at $999 (Besides, the trackpad and keyboard aren't that bad anyway). Also, while Apple's products have had their bouts of battery failure, mostly in the PowerPC era, they've never had a Note 7-esque product wide battery explosions and the article in the image was made by the website iResQ which is also a technology repair business that was just shilling to get people to use their own service as shown by the post linking to their own repair site at the bottom. And on top of that the site doesn't actually quote any credible source in regards to Mac book battery failure, they just quote a single blogger who claims to have had their battery explode and then they proceed to quote a unrelated comment by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory that was just making a general statement on the risks of lithium ion batteries and not MacBooks exploding. And anyone can go on Google and type in "Exploding laptop battery" and get dozens of results, those pictures do not prove nor reinforce your point. Then, Apple also didn't start hopping on the "Soldered Everything" meme in their professional laptops until mid 2012, which isn't really defensible but at the very least they hadn't been doing it since 2006 like you assert which is a 6 year difference. And lastly, how does Tim Cook saying he's proud of his sexuality make him a "Shit CEO", I mean come the fuck on man, try harder next time, like Jesus, are you that insecure about your choice in FUCKING COMPUTERS that you have to lie on an anonymous image board just to feel assured. I'd say that I hope you never procreate you fucking disease but "I'm just a Macfag" so what do I care, "I don't know a thing about technology and am just a stupid hipster".
>>
>>60849851
>>60849866
>>60849960
Don't know what the first guy's on about, the 2017 MBPs are already out. I'm hoping to pick one up today actually.
>>
>>60851246
Drop it by Louis on the way home.
>>
Im not convinced anybody makes a high performance laptop this thin without it either throttling heavily or making shit ton of fan noise.
>>
>>60850982
>t. assblasted applelshill is assblasted by a pasta
>>
>>60847502
But why even bother talking about its technical specs? A Mac is more something you're literally meant to shove up your ass rather than an actual computer. Why do you think those nice round corners seem so pleasing to some people? If it were able to compete with other brands in terms of tech specs, wouldn't that make it less "special"?
>>
>>60850982
lol mad
>>
>>60851246
see >>60850535
>>
>Lenovo P50
> full 35W quad CPU
> M2000M professional graphics card (equivalent to 950M)
> 8-12 hours battery
> upgradeable hard drive, RAM easy to acess internals
> optional 4k screen if you need to do colour sensitivity work
> dock

yeah nah fuck off
>>
>>60848436
Except the Macbook is not the best and yet they still have the nerve to charge an arm and leg for it.
>>
>>60847502
I can't wait to buy a thousand adapters since every port is the same. If this is winning, I'd rather be the bronze medal.
>>
>>60847502
Not with that keyboard, as a late 2013 mbp user I fucking hate it.
>>
>>60847865
Is this... multi-track shilling?
>>
>>60848051
That's hotter than the fucking t7200 that killed two of my laptops. How the hell did they create this clusterfuck?
>>
>>60847816
I've used Windows for 21 years and never got hacked. Malware got it sometimes, but it's Windows. Been using Linux for 3 now.

I think you just suck with computers, so you like when Apple holds your hand.
>>
>>60848125
My laptop's RAM just recently died and was able to replace it instantly with one I bought online.

Soldered RAM/storage needs to be made illegal.
>>
>>60848233
Sounds like you just suck. Constantly repeating your story does not make us care more, and it doesn't make anyone respect you.
>>
>>60848199
Laptops make poor media workstations. They can't handle the sustained heat generation associated with video encoding.
>>
>>60848436
Oh please, I get the best for less all the time. It's called using your brain instead of trusting everything some company spouts.
>>
>>60848746
It efficiently heats your home?
>>
>>60849030
How much does a shill get paid? This looks easy as hell!
>>
Why do people answer to this shit ???
>>
>>60851415
>2 minute difference in Premiere
>alternatively use FCPX with which the MPB irrevocably blows all competition out of the water
Doesn't even matter to me that much, on my current rig something as simple as a music video takes half a day to render.
>>
>>60851830
Because it's fun to make the shills question their lives.
>>
>>60847565

I still miss my g3 ibook. best laptop i ever owned. Going from toshiba trash to that was night and day. 12" of non widescreen goodness
>>
>>60847502
>Thunderbolt 3 speeds for eGPU

does macos even support that?
>>
>>60847502
What is with Apple and pushing the pajeet GPU?
I thought Apple was a company for richfags, baka.
I guess Nvidia is the only richfag company in the market now. Since Apple completely became a poorfag company.
>>
>>60852023
high sierra will support eGPU
>>
File: kaby_lake.png (433KB, 2439x1023px) Image search: [Google]
kaby_lake.png
433KB, 2439x1023px
If you don't have Kaby Lake superior hardware decoder, might as well kill yourself
>>
ITT: Butthurt moneylets, that cant afford shit
>>
>>60852545
But it's proven that with the newest iteration of Macs, Apple has gone poorfag. See
>>60852040
>>
god damn amerifags win again
5k 27imac is actually decent bang for the buck
1500 eur in usa
2100 eur in eu
FU apple

How can i get imac 27 for cheapo (=same price as in usa) in eu? Smuggle?
>>
>>60852887
Yeah having to pay an extra 30% is such bullshit
>>
>>60852940

40% - it is substantial, given that its for the same product

so, whats the consensus on the new basic mbp? buy or not? Havent bought new hardware since 2011 ...
>>
>>60848082
but windows just works too
>>
>>60851749

>Malware got it sometimes, but it's windows.

Well, this is the problem. Since i'm holding my entire fortune in a computer, i would like to remove the word "sometimes" from my head and not be paranoid anymore.

I'm willing to pay a premium just so i can sleep better at night.
>>
Also, it's fascinating to me that the same fuck heads that are insulting the Apple buyers for buying overpriced (premium rather) devices are probably maxing out their credit cards to purchase $30k-40k cars that take you from point A to point B just like any other second-hand piece of shit $5k car.

The hypocrisy disgusts me
>>
>>60852990
>whats the consensus on the new basic mbp?
Depends which one you mean and what you'd be using it for.
>2016 13" minus TB: worthless
>2017 13" minus TB: surprisingly powerful
>2016 15" w/ TB: decent for editors/designers etc.
>2017 15" w/ TB: negligible performance boost
If you need high GPU and CPU performance without paying loads get a refurb 2016 15", if you want something cheap but serviceable get a new 2017 13".

>>60853193
I'm proud of my second hand piece of shit 2k car.
>>
>>60853193
I spent $1800 for my car and I've gotten about 50k miles out of it without any serious work needed on it.
>>
>>60853193
You're angry at people that might not even exist, what is wrong with you?

Second, cars have a lot longer lifespan and have actual resale value. You can't compare the two.
>>
>>60847502
>shit keyboard
>no clitmouse
>unserviceable
>will probably throttle down to shit
>>
>>60847615
>ultra goyim boost
kek
>>
File: JUST_original.jpg (98KB, 1363x1363px) Image search: [Google]
JUST_original.jpg
98KB, 1363x1363px
>>60848089
This is the truth

it's an arms race of emulation layers, frameworks, and overhead

world is fuck, etc etc
>>
The 15" has Intel's most powerful mobile Kaby Lake chip. That on its own is incredible. Can't wait to see what they've done for the new Mac Pro they're working on.
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>60848001
>IT Support
>opinion
>>
>>60853120
Buy an external hard drive and keep your important shit on it
You want others to solve your problems instead of doing it yourself
>>
>>60849924
>iMacs are now amazing
>Toothpastelake-X in a mac
>implying it wont overheat
>>
>>60853391
Believe it or not, but macs also have actual resale value. In fact, much more so than any other piece of electronics.
>>
File: cat1.jpg (36KB, 438x720px) Image search: [Google]
cat1.jpg
36KB, 438x720px
I'm always amazed how much money the Apple marketing department spends on /g/
Are the neets and autists here really worth all that time and money?
>>
>>60849924

>he thinks any competitor products much less Durrface products which barely even sell made Apple question their lineup

That is cute. There were actual reasons for their stagnation that I can't quite mention but, it had a lot to do with Intel.
>>
>>60847502
>>built better than any PC
ah yes, mighty Apple™ glue
>>
File: 1497185896578.png (588KB, 865x805px) Image search: [Google]
1497185896578.png
588KB, 865x805px
>>60854296
ftfy buddy.
go back to your containment zone.
>>
File: maccomic.png (621KB, 865x805px) Image search: [Google]
maccomic.png
621KB, 865x805px
>>60847502
Problems with Macs:
>cannot change even the most basic settings such as themes and disabling sleep after the lid is shut
>Lowest Binned Intel Processors
>Underclocked GPUs to prevent overheating
>Cannot install software from places other than the App store unless you pay for the $99 Apple developers account
>Cannot access system files to see what's wrong
>Stupidly excessive use of thermal paste resulting in hot operating temperatures
>No right click

Apple Themselves:
>Stolen technology claimed as their own
>Overpriced for the same hardware as other manufacturers while using the shittiest manufacturers
>Suicide incidents and child labor at their factories
>Religious fanbase with single digit IQ
>>
>>60854351
>t. iPajeet
>>
>>60854364
As far as I remember India is Microsoft + Android territory.
>>
File: Google Pixel Cheerleaders.jpg (349KB, 1378x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Google Pixel Cheerleaders.jpg
349KB, 1378x1008px
>>60854380

You remember correctly. Indians are mindless drones. They love both of those companies because both have pajeet CEOs. Makes them feel not totally worthless, just mostly worthless.
>>
>>60854380
This. Google and Microsoft are the biggest street shitters. Pretty ironic.
>>
>>60854407
Meanwhile the free world is run by people who use Macs.
>>
>>60854407
All these faggots with laptop stickers

I never understood that. It's not the fucking 90s and they're not high schoolers. There's only one sticker that you may have on your laptop and that's either the manufacturer's logo or maybe something related to your own brand.
>>
>>60854418
>usa
>free
>>
>>60854433
That's whats wrong with these stupid fuckers, they find the most meaningless shit to base their identity on like the brand of computers they use and what gender they decided to label themselves.

People who use Macs are the ones who don't give a fuck about their computer and just want to get work done.
>>
>>60854418
>alt-righters are the ones that support macs
They go so great with each other, a retard who worships an oragutan that uses a computer made specifically for retards.
>>
File: is that so.jpg (1021KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
is that so.jpg
1021KB, 2560x1440px
>>60854449
>People who use Macs are the ones who don't give a fuck about their computer and just want to get work done.
>>
>>60854356
I know this is bait but I'm bored
>I don't know why you'd want to do either of those things but okay
>using the same ones as everyone else
>none of their dgpus are underclocked to my knowledge
>downright lie perpetuated by people who have never used a Mac before
>another downright lie perpetuated by people who have never used a Mac before
>hasn't been a problem for years
>yet another downright lie perpetuated by people who have never used a Mac before
>sometimes yes, sometimes no
>you're not paying for hardware, you're paying for software-hardware integration. That's literally apples entire pro selling point.
>not as many as pretty much every other Silicon Valley firm
>projection
>>
>>60854407
They're improving the world around while you're here drooling over videogames kek.
>>
File: 1473892714784.jpg (118KB, 633x634px) Image search: [Google]
1473892714784.jpg
118KB, 633x634px
>>60847502
Can't wait to put Debian on it.
>>
>>60847502
>paying real money for an Apple product.
>>
>>60854449
And they blend in too. I like how people are like "you just buy this for the looks" "it's just so you can get some attention" but in a place full of people with macbooks, another one isn't going to make you more special. You don't need to show off.

It's not a status item. It's a common misconception. Most people buy it because they don't want to bother with shit, not because they want to show off. Unless you live in a really ass backwards third world country where you could afford a house for the price of it.
>>
>>60847615
/thread to rule all /threads.
>>
>>60847502
Jesus, anon. We've been through this.
Specs don't matter. Pure numbers don't matter. Optimization matters.

The 2017 12-inch MacBook looks underpowered on paper but whaddyaknow, it can edit 4K footage relatively easily.
>>
>>60854751
That's how Apple products overall work. They focus more on optimization so they can sell lower specced hardware. Same with iPhones. iOS can handle itself much better. People don't realize it but what they're paying for is the software in most cases, even though it's supposed to be "free".

And honestly that's ok. I don't like how wasteful most companies are because they're too fucking lazy. There is something fundamentally wrong with your phone needing 4GB of RAM not be a slow piece of garbage.
>>
>>60854809
>selling less for more is good
Good goy.
>>
>>60854824
I'm alright with their way of taking advantage, that's all I have to say. They're pretty smart and resourceful about it.

Now someone would say "well, it is better to buy better hardware, since you could in the end optimize software for it" but how often does that even happen?
>>
>>60847816
Nice reddit spacing.
>>
Fucking kys shill OP
>>
>>60847502
nice Xiaomi Air copy
>>
>>60847719
4k? You're kidding right?
>>
>>60850256
nvidia vs amd fop smokes those laptops running native.
>>
>>60848269
It is snowing here in southern hemisphere, retard
>>
File: 11A.png (2MB, 1199x900px) Image search: [Google]
11A.png
2MB, 1199x900px
>>60847502
>Finally has the Intel processor that's been out for half a year
>Run of the mill Samsung SSD that's either soldered or a proprietary format so that you have to pay twice as much for it
>Low end Intel/AMD graphics
>So thin that it can't fit in a decent keyboard, cooling, or ports, and is non-serviceable and fragile
>Thunderbolt 3 for all the nothing you can do on a throttlebook
>Built to be disposable, everything is glued together
>Nice screen until the stains appear from Apples shit tier engineering
>>
File: b4c.png (70KB, 200x309px) Image search: [Google]
b4c.png
70KB, 200x309px
>>60848051
>increases of ~-5c.
>>
why does everyone in YT videos of various CS conferences have MBPs?
>>
>>60847502
>investing in anything that isn't powerpc64

>baby kike (c) processor heat and throttle (tm)
Only the srgb compliant apple screens, 5k LG monitors that it support and the fast data transfer are worth investing into.
>>
>>60858726
marketing
>>
>>60858726
It
Just
Werks
>>
>>60848051
The fan profile is likely set for that. You don't get anything but reduced battery life and greater noise for running the fan harder than it needs to be.
>>
>>60847502
3.2 gb/s read speed*

>*with ssd at 10°C. Normla functioning temp 90°C with mb/s read speed
>>
>>60847610
Why would we be salty when we can have amd or nvidia GPUs for decent prices and no external gpu enclosure?
>>
>>60850889
Good try, schlomo.
>>
Can I install a proper Linux distro on it? Anyway, a Thinkpad X1 Carbon/Yoga or an XPS 13 is probably better overall.
>>
>>60861141
Probably you will can.
>suggesting thinkpads outside T, X or W
>>
>>60847615
thats it lads, close the thread and move along
>>
>>60847615
How will mactoddlers ever recover?
>>
>>60847502
>SSD faster than anything on the market

you don't seem to know what's on the market then, the samsung 960 pro NVME SSD can do 3.5GB/s reads. Knowing apple they're likely using something based off of the samsung 960 evo drive, since it also has 3.2GB/s, and apple's used samsung NAND in most devices.
>>
>>60863236
laptop, retard, laptop.
>>
>>60863260
>t. iPajeet
>>
The fact that Apple capitalizes mundane words like "Turbo Boost" in their marketing and advertising shows how less they are about serious hardware, and more about catch phrases and bullshit nomenclature.
>>
File: crapple-3.jpg (103KB, 525x808px) Image search: [Google]
crapple-3.jpg
103KB, 525x808px
>>60847502
>Even I
>>
File: 1494110483090-k.jpg (13KB, 306x272px) Image search: [Google]
1494110483090-k.jpg
13KB, 306x272px
>>60847615
Came here just to read this post
>>
>>60848183
Good luck with that. Mine barley cracks 6hrs with 25% brightness even if I use Edge instead of Chrome.
>>
>>60847502
Getting mine tomorrow. Replacing my 2015 MBP. Can't wait. All TB3 docks are on backorder.
>>
>>60847502
Unless it's a 10 year old thinkpad with libreboot, then it's a botnet.
>>
>>60850982
Now THIS is the cringy shit I love to read. This fucking article of a post is pure triggered Macfag autism. So delicious
>>
File: flash derp cat.jpg (54KB, 720x432px) Image search: [Google]
flash derp cat.jpg
54KB, 720x432px
>>60847502

Overpriced
>>
File: 1494946705516.jpg (13KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
1494946705516.jpg
13KB, 280x373px
>>60847502
Except it's fatal flaws.
>too thin, prone to bending
>aluminum instead of magnesium
>uses apple software
>because thin, thermal throttles non-stop
>fragile as fuck
>not serviceable
>apple will fuck you up the ass when you need a repair
>>
>>60867690

We’ve been over this. The MacBook Pro is not fatal flaws.
>>
>>60863525
Sorry mate, but you're an idiot. Windows manufacturers have been using 'turbo boost' for years and years.
>>
>>60850982
Never reply to stale pasta.
>>
>>60847502
>He hasn't seen the Lenovo P51
>>
>>60847565
>Still on an Early '08 MBP lmao
dude and thats a fine laptop! dont upgrade just because theres a new one..

i find it funny that one of the reasons that apple is so expensive is because
>great build laptops that will last years
but then apple tried to convince everyone to upgrade as soon as a new one comes out!

personally i used a macbook g4 since 2004 up to 2016 when it died, it lasted 12 years!

then i bought a MBP 2015 that indent to make last until at least 2025!
>>
File: thankyoubasedgrom.jpg (1MB, 2880x1500px) Image search: [Google]
thankyoubasedgrom.jpg
1MB, 2880x1500px
>daily reminder to buy a Honda Grom instead of a MBP
>>
>>60868361
>Lenovo P51
fucking garbage.
>>
>>60870386
Why?
>>
>>60847502
>Kaby Lake
wow...
>SSD faster than anything else
haven't seen samsung 960 pro yet did you
doesn't work for serious gaming though
>Thunderbolt 3 eGPU....
My 2 y/o MB has that
>build better than any PC
yes. that's true
>super-nice screen
it's fine but my IPS Ultrawide is way "nicer"
>>
File: 1490916771683.jpg (17KB, 313x325px) Image search: [Google]
1490916771683.jpg
17KB, 313x325px
>>60871279
>all that jealousy...
kek
Thread posts: 228
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.