[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there so few Americans in Tech?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: The_world_map-9.jpg (722KB, 4500x2234px) Image search: [Google]
The_world_map-9.jpg
722KB, 4500x2234px
So I've been working in the tech industry for about ten years now. Mostly, in Southern California. I just moved to the Bay Area a few weeks ago to take a job at a Fortune 500 IT company up here. Things are great and love the company but I can't help to notice at least 50% of the staff are foreign born and almost certainly not US citizens. Furthermore, there is very little diversity in this group. They basically come from two countries China and India. I am very out going and even speak some Chinese so I go out of my way to try and talk to and meet as many people as I can. I have yet to meet one Pakistani, one Bangladeshi, one Korean, or one Japanese. So from a diversity standpoint it's a total failure! So what's going on in the Bay Area economy? When I worked in Southern California 70% of my coworkers we US born citizens of all sorts of backgrounds. Furthermore, the foreign born coworkers were way more diverse, sure they were mostly from India and China but I knew some dudes from Russia, South America, and other Asian countries not the case in the Bay Area. Anyone have some insight on to why this may be the case? Also, are companies not able to get enough qualified candidates from the US or are they just abusing the H1B visa program so they can hire four or five guys from India and pay them what they would pay one American?

thanks
>>
>>60844978
anon, that isnt what eastern eurpe looks like. Where the fuck did you even get this map?

and also because there are no tech jobs here and in most of America. In matter of fact, theres hardly any job worth a damn and any job you can find that is worth a shit wants you to intern for free for way longer than is acceptable or they want 10 years experience for a started position + credentials that are retarded
>hurr must be fluent in every programing language to ever exist
>>
what the hell is that picture?
>>
>>60845186
Actually, between all the FANG companies startups etc. There are a shit ton of tech jobs. However, at least 50% are going to H1B visa holders. Probably, more like 70% I'm not sure if anyone is tracking these statistics.
>>
>>60845186
Totally agree with the job postings. IT companies hire HR people that don't know shit about IT. I have had so many HR people call me and ask the dumbest fucking questions. And the tech certifications, fucking discrete item testing shows people NOTHING about what you can do.
>>
>>60845406
Yea, that just goes right back to my "most of America doesn't have these jobs" statement.
All of the jobs are on the coast where there are large numbers of immigrants (cuckifornia)

Then followed up with my "they dont pay properly" argument, where the h1b leaches are somehow willing to do the work for less than half of what it should pay.
.. fuck forgot to type that in my message

p.s. this "startup" meme is gay. Its just another buzzword. The term "small business" is the expression you were looking for.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.