[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manjaro?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: laughing-girl.gif (801KB, 160x270px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-girl.gif
801KB, 160x270px
Why is Manjaro so high on Distrowatch (currently #3)? I don't get it.
>>
BRs skewing results
>>
>>60840599
Be glad that ubuntu isn't first, although I don't get why is debian second.
>>
>>60840599
'sgood
>>
>>60840599
>Manjaro
Linux for people too stupid to install Arch
>>
>>60840704
read: people who actually have to be more productive than a basement dwelling nigger
>>
Very nice UI out of the box and feels fresh. Most people don't actually care if it's ubuntu or arch as long as it just works.
Make a distro with the best UI and which is user friendly both while in front of it and the forums etc and it will be the most popular.
>>
>>60840748
>Fun fact: you're still a basement dwelling nigger for using a glorified install script
>>
Manjaro is one of the few noob-distro's that (possibly) comes with OpenRC out of the box.
>>
>>60840599
i remember a notice on their older forum to not click them on distrowatch or something
what does that tell you
>>
>>60840748
takes 15 minutes to follow the instructional wiki, retard. it's one fucking page of instructions lol

the manjaro devs can't even properly maintain it, so new bugs are released with each update and the install script itself is buggy. If you want a just werks distro use Debian or something.
>>
if you want Arch for retards; use Antergos.
>>
Still supports 32 Bit.
>>
>>60840599
Maybe a new release coming soon?
>Page hit ranking (first click per visit once a day)
>>
Who is that girl, I want to marry her
>>
>>60840599
what are you doing on distrowatch and do you have to bring this shit ratings here? are you retard?
>>
>>60840599
Because you can't visit their website as they don't renew their certificates, so people go to distrowatch to learn about it.
>>
>>60840871
>not liking people using glorified install script for arch
>using a glorified install script for
gnu/linux
>>
>>60840599
why use arch at all? i don't see the appeal. debian for everyday use, gentoo or freebsd for being a control freak.
>>
why not just use archbang
>>
>>60840704
Joke is on you. Tons of Manjaro users came from Arch, me included. Sometimes you want a stable OS with saner not so autistic devs.
>>
>>60840599
because it makes obongofags feel like theyre running arch
>>
>>60840748
read: antegros. just because """"""you dont have time"""""" doesnt mean you have to use the worst of everything
also read: dont be pretentious faggot
>>
>>60847754
>you want a stable OS with saner not so autistic devs.
so you went to a distro with even more insane devs with weaponized autism instead?
>>
>>60840652
Ubuntu has not been first on Distrowatch in a LONG time. Debian is likely in second place due to its latest release.
>>
>>60844303
That is an actress. That actress plays in Game of Thrones.
>>
literally the /v/ distro
>>
I'm actually really curious about this myself. I use fedora extensively as a workstation. It's pretty close to ideal. But I got bored and decided to give manjaro a try.

Honestly, last time I tried arch, it struck me as amateurish. Manjaro is like that, but 100x worse. Everything about it feels like babbys first distro. I honestly wonder if people are actually using it, or if the distrowatch rankings are way off.
>>
>>60840599
its arch for noobs. it's good that is exists, and the turbo-autists can use arch if they want.
>>
>>60840599
Anyone else hate that bitches face? That fucking mouth is horrifying.
>>
>>60843613
are we supposed to be amazed by that?
>>
>>60848730
Fedora master race.
Although I'm considering trying SUSE or Debian when my Thinkpad arrives.
What's your experience with other distros my fedora bro?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.