[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark web/Darknet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: sheep1.jpg (273KB, 1178x843px) Image search: [Google]
sheep1.jpg
273KB, 1178x843px
What is the distinction between deep web and darknet /g/?
Both terms are often misused as synonymous.
>>
Deep net is normal websites that crawlers cant index cause they denied it

Darknet is websites that require nonstandard protocols to work, like onion encryption and p2p websites
>>
what is about the dark web
the distinction is always just between deep web and either dark web or darknet
>>
Is darknet illegal to look at, or is it only illegal to buy from. How to find sites like op image.
>>
>>60841215
you should not try to access that if you need to ask those questions. you will be caught.
>>
>>60839821
aren't they both technically specific protocol intranets? what you said about deep net is basically a standard web page made in java script, html, php, etc that goes through http or https but just uses the norobots meta tag?
>>
>>60839609
The deep web is anything not indexed by search engines, backend infrastructure, IoT devices, personal servers, corporate networks, etc.

The dark web is a subset of that that also uses (typically anonymizing) unusual protocols to perform connects, rather than normal HTTP and friends.

>>60841215
As far as I know in any western jurisdiction it's only illegal if you do illegal things on it (i.e. buy drugs or download cp). The protocol itself is not illegal and does have legitimate uses.
>>
>>60841762
perform connections* Oops
>>
Why would someone sell credit cards? Why not use them yourself? Fear of being caught? Why would someone else use it then?
>>
>>60839609
Honeypot
>>
I've been looking for a screenshot for the longest time.
Many years ago there was a screenshot of the Assassination Marketplace where a joke hit was places on moot, basically saying the pay would be a weeks worth of allowance or something like that.
Anyone have it? I know it's a long shot.
>>
There is no distinction. They refer to the same things, which can either be services that just aren't indexed or hidden services on Tor. Both names are retarded, and "hidden services" or "onionspace" is preferred for referring to Tor, mostly because calling it le deep web is just dump, and is also used by shills to make you think that encryption is something that only criminals use.
>>
>>60842852
is just dumb*
>>
>/g/ argues on the distinctions between deep/dark net
The AnoNET is better anyways.
>>
>>60839609
>captain dave's survival guide
it seems interesting. where can i read it?
>>
>>60839821
this
>>
>>60843101
It takes a few seconds of google-fu to get it
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.