[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets get an embedded thread started, what are you guys working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1*etp3_d50qXURqgutedaA5A.jpg (100KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1*etp3_d50qXURqgutedaA5A.jpg
100KB, 750x600px
Lets get an embedded thread started, what are you guys working on?

>tfw currently trying to learn using an STM32
>tfw the transition from 8 bit AVRs to 32 bit ARMs have been very rough
>>
>>60835029
>>>/diy/

They have people who actually know how to do things over there.
>>
File: 1430960594895.jpg (84KB, 1000x928px) Image search: [Google]
1430960594895.jpg
84KB, 1000x928px
>>60835034
kek
>>
>>60835029
been working on embedding my balls into your moms mouth, so far so good.
>>
>>60835048
i will have to call the police on you damn necrophile!
>>
>>60835064
damn anon now i feel like an asshole. :'(

embedded systems are cool but i'm too much of a brainlet to get into that. What language does my washing machine use? C?
>>
>>60835096
assembly
>>
>>60835029

How much of the industry has switched from 8/16 to cheap ARM Coretex M/R's? I used AVR in college and I was NOT fond of their tooling.

>mfw I wasn't good enough as an EE and had to transition away to being a sepples cuck SE.
>>
>>60835029
>start an embedded thread
>cant embed anything because 4chan detects it
How worthless.
>>
>>60835317
>How much of the industry has switched from 8/16 to cheap ARM Coretex M/R's? I used AVR in college and I was NOT fond of their tooling.
Most of them
8 bit micros are used these days only for legacy purposes, since porting their code to ARM is too much work (or so they think)
An ARM based chip costs almost as much as an 8 bit one these days, with magnitudes more functionality (more features like USB, ethernet, more USARTs, I2Cs etc), plus a lot more RAM, a lot higher clock and truckloads of flash to store your stuff

8 bit ones continue to be the gateway micros to anyone wanting to venture into the embedded territory. Also they're very popular with hobbyists
>>
File: psxra.jpg (299KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
psxra.jpg
299KB, 640x480px
>>60835029
this thing with arduino uno.
>>
>>60835425
What are you making anon?
>>
>>60835029
Currently using an MSP430 F5529 to make a consumer AC cool down to 35-36 degrees Fahrenheit. It'll be in a barn cooling fresh fruit.

I'm taking the thermostat out of an AC and heating it with a kanthal coil.

I'm using two thermistors to get temperature readings. One will be reading the room, the other will be reading the fins. When the room is above the target temperature, the coil will kick on and keep the thermostat warm, tricking the AC into continuing to cool down past its normal limits. If the fins get below freezing, the coil will turn off and allow them to defrost.

I guess it's a neat little project.

>>60835034
You're right, but do your part to save this board from the influx of retards by contributing to good threads.
>>
>>60835557
looks like a Wii classic controller to PS2 adapter

pretty useful as the dualshock 2 is a piece of abject shit
>>
File: CHIP TALK.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
CHIP TALK.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
FUCK YEA CHIPTALK THREAD
>>
the stm32 blue pill has arduino, try that for easy mode embedded. the other option is gcc-arm-embedded/gcc-arm-none-eabi, which is a full toolchain where you get to make linux projects with makefiles.

with arduino, you have to be aware that many arduino libraries are atmel specific and you need libs that have compatibility for your embedded chip (arm, esp8266, etc) by not using avr only features

either way, you're writing c, but for arm embedded you should really also know the assembly statements well enough you can drop to asm in a debugger and know what's going on with jtag or swd.
>>
>>60835029
Trying out the distortos project (C++11 RTOS) with qemu.
https://github.com/DISTORTEC/distortos

Seems nice, mostly for ARM uCs though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.