[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CS life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1484495510960-g.png (825KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1484495510960-g.png
825KB, 700x700px
I recently finished a project for CS, and noticed it was the first time in a long time that I was genuinely engaged in a school assignment. Next year I would be following a Mechanical Engineering Masters, but now I'm not sure.
I reasoned that: even though I am more interested in CS than ME, I would hate to work 50 hours a week behind a computer, in regards to mental and physical health.
But I think having a reason to roll out of bed every morning (this reason being excitement for the task ahead) may be far more healthy than an office job.
>also tl;dr:
That being said, how is it to work as a programmer/sys-admin/software engineer?
>>
>>60829618
Shit

Dont do it

Everybody is a fucking idiot

Far too much pressure
>>
>>60829904
Aw.
I was getting my hopes up.
I guess ill just minor in cs and keep it as a hobby.
>>
>>60829618
Here's a good blog post
https://blog.codinghorror.com/programming-love-it-or-leave-it/

You need to love programming and want to continually get better at programming if you're going to like doing it daily. Similar to any other job really, but programming is starting to become something that can easily be done by anyone anywhere in the world, so if you're just the type of guy who wants to write basic code for the rest of your life, you're not doing to cut it against some pajeet who'll do your job for a tenth of the salary.

Also, there are lots of people who hate their job and love to rant about it. Like >>60829904
Don't let that discourage you from trying it out for yourself.
>>
>>60830192
But this is honestly more than trying it out. this is a 5 year long Masters program and a bit of cash too.
>>
>>60830192
...and thanks for the link
>>
Being a programmer is great. I work maybe 30 hours a week. Very comfy job. If a company treats you poorly you can easily find a better one with more pay because you're so in demand. You have to be good at it though.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.