[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phone interview today with a big tech company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: braking down.png (226KB, 400x450px) Image search: [Google]
braking down.png
226KB, 400x450px
quick tell me what I need to know. I'm freaking out so much I'm crying I want this job so bad I've studied so hard.
>>
>>60828743
you'll fail anon.
>>
File: t3_5akj1x.jpg (652KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5akj1x.jpg
652KB, 1200x1800px
>>60828743
What OS are you experienced with? Say Gentoo

Guaranteed you will be hired.
>>
>>60828748

thanks, I've graduated to intermittent wracking sobs. fuck.
>>
>big company
best company size is 50-100 prove me wrong.
>>
just b youreself
>>
>>60828777
trips of truth

if the conversation even remotely touches on operating systems, steer the conversation further so you can briefly mention gentoo. People who know what it is are usually impressed
>>
>>60828743
1) go to glassdoor and find out what the interview questions are and read all about them

2) read all about the product of the company and prepare some questions about that product (questions that would suggest to them that you not only know about the company, but also are interested in it and want to contribute)

These are the only two things you can do to prepare. If you are qualified and do not fail on these two points, you are likely to get that job (if you are not captain autismo, srsly don't let your spaghetti drip, try to seem socially active and interesting)
>>
>>60828743
Turn back now

It's hell
>>
Just calm down and be honest, show them that you're motivated to learn and grow

Your character matters more than your knowledge
>>
>>60829124
>Your character matters more than your knowledge
this, but prepare for the technical questions, don't be afraid to say if you don't know something, but are willing to learn.

Think of the most interesting parts of your personality and try to present them in a context relevant to your job. Think about points about how you would contribute to the company (determination, hard work, a new look, some prior experience, maybe a related course somewhere, experience in team building, knowing how to find solutions to problems - simple stuff will suffice)

t. someone who's been through a few interviews at international companies in the last year and just got his most desired one
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.