[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RasPi Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: $_1.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
Hey /g/, crossposting from /vr/.

I've got a RPi3b and a GERT VGA666 adapter that plugs onto the GPIO pins. Has anyone here used one of these things before? I'm getting no signal out whatsoever, tried multiple displays.

>get adapter, push it down flush onto GPIO pins
>add the few lines into config.txt that supposedly enable VGA out
>try multiple clean installs of different OS, try every resolution I can think of, try both CRT and LCD monitors, nothing works

Also general Memeberry discussion I guess
>>
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94424

what is the purpose of that? why not use a vga to hdmi cord?
>>
File: 1298399444928.gif (2KB, 210x187px) Image search: [Google]
1298399444928.gif
2KB, 210x187px
>>60824591
>Hey /g/, crossposting from /vr/.
>>
I got one anon, are you using berryboot or some other multi OS setup. That will cause issues. Also make sure you disabled SPI and I2C is raspiconfig.
>>
>>60825017
>why not use a vga to hdmi cord?
Wouldn't you need an active converter though?
>>
>>60825017
This is real VGA out like this do 15khz and nonstandard resolutions without the latency of active converters. I have mine hooked up to a PVM for arcade game emulation.
>>
>>60825678

That's probably the issue, I'm dual booting Raspbian and Recalbox via NooBs. So if I do a clean install of just the Recalbox and be sure to disable those I'll be good?
>>
>>60825635
Do you guys have a problem with /vr/? Half the board is discussion of obsolete hardware.
>>
I gave up on the idea of grabbing one of these things and instead I'm using a Wii through RGB
SCART and some real hardware for the platforms I can't emulate (PS1, Dreamcast).

It just looks fucking good.
>>
>>60826717
Aren't you shackled to using a Wii Classic or GameCube controller in that case? I'd heard the controller port usb adapters were dodgy
>>
>>60826207
>/v/eddit + hipsters

Install Gentoo
>>
>>60826766
Nope, RetroArch on Wii finally supports other controllers through USB, I'm using my dualshock 3 and it works quite fine I must say. You just need the autoconfig files that are included with regular RA and selecting the HID driver on it.

What doesn't seem to work is saving configuration per core, only saves the resolution you used the last time. So if you play 2 different platforms frequently it's a bit of a pain. I have to switch between 512x224 and 512x240 but god damn is it sharp (also be sure to disable the bilinear filter)
>>
>>60826858
Oh snap, that's great to hear. My TV has two RGB inputs so I think I'm gonna figure out this RPi thing and hook it up to one input to do Sega consoles and PC88/98/PCE and use the Wii on the other input for Nintendo consoles.
>>
File: 1496869403169.jpg (127KB, 575x767px) Image search: [Google]
1496869403169.jpg
127KB, 575x767px
Question

I downloaded Doom to run in DosBox from Retropie. When I go to its folder in emulationstation it has an install executable. After I install it there is still only an install executable. Where did it install too?

Also, any good way to get around game that require a CD in the drive like WC2?
>>
>>60825635
Nice trip you fucking faggot.
>>
File: C2_eMMCdata.jpg (85KB, 638x376px) Image search: [Google]
C2_eMMCdata.jpg
85KB, 638x376px
Friendly reminder than ODROID C2 outperforms a Rpi 3:

CPU of 2.0 GHZ with integrated heatsink.
2 GB RAM.
GPU of 700 MHz.
HDMI 2 4K 60 FPS.
h265 video compression.
microSD + eMMC for storage (choose the eMMC).
4 USB 2.0 + microUSB OTG.
40 pin UART.
ADC pins (!)
Infrared receiver
10/100/1000 LAN (1 gigabit ethernet).
64-bit ARM technology.

Can play Kodi just fine. Also gaymes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn10J9K58YA
>>
at what point do you say a raspberry is underpowered and/or lacking a feature, and just get a used desktop for a little bit more?
>>
>>60828150
Enjoy of very low community support compared to raspberry pi.
>>
>>60828204
not for long
>>
>>60828202
compare power usage and you see is the other way, some people don't need a fancy server devouring energy and these devices are more than enough
>>
>>60828150
>costs twice as much as an RPi3

Next you'll tell me that a Corvette outperforms a Malibu
>>
>>60828276
where the fuck do you live it costs more than a rpi3? You nigger.
>>
>>60824591
Is there really anything that you can do with a Rasberry Pi that you couldn't just do with shit bought off the shelf?
>>
>>60828202

When the used desktop is 3" by 1.5", weighs six ounces, and can be Velcroed to the side of my TV.

The primary feature of the Pi is its size. That's its main selling point. Getting a desktop PC completely negates the use case
>>
>>60828309
The United States?

>RPi3b - $35
>Odroid 2 - anywhere between $75 and $100

It costs way more. Point me to where the Odroid is less than $35
>>
>>60828313
So a NUC? Pretty sure the use case of the Pi is mostly "it's cheap".
>>
>>60828361

It's cheap AND small. If I wanted just cheap I'd get one of the ten million used Dell PCs on Craigslist for $10.
>>
>>60828150
friendly reminder that hardkernel has a history of unsupported outdated forked kernels
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.