[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Must have LiveUSB

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: s0404080_sc7?$splssku$.jpg (17KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
s0404080_sc7?$splssku$.jpg
17KB, 380x380px
What distros do you put on USB flash drive?
I was thinking...
>Ubuntu/Mint
>Puppy
>Slax
>fedora
>Hiren's
>TAILS
>Kali
>Qubes
>Android X86 /RemixOS
>WinXP/Win7/Win8.1/Win10 PE with bunch of portable apps
All of these will sum to ~10 GB
All in one bootable USB flash drive, will use http://liveusb.info to create.
>>
TempleOS
>>
>>60823561
I have Puppy installed on that same fucking thumb drive. Fucking Sandisk.
>>
>>60823561
Why don't you use Rufus or UNetbootin?
>>
Gentoo. I mean it.
>>
#! aka Bunsen lab
>>
>>60823561
>tails
>Qubes
Give your information back to NSA, Jamal.
>>
>>60823747
>Rufus or UNetbootin
Both known for failing sometimes, and both modify the original ISO.
Multisystem Boot uses Grub2 to boot directly from ISO.
>>
>>60823802
Fuck off C*A nigger
>>
File: cruzer_micro.jpg (10KB, 355x266px) Image search: [Google]
cruzer_micro.jpg
10KB, 355x266px
>>60823561
Faggot
>>
>>60824045
Dude, I posted on here about multisystem the other day. Glad people are using it. Shit just works.
>>
>>60826470
>Glad people are using it.
/g/ hate it for some reason.
It even have ubuntu 16.04 pre installed with it.
>>
which one is more secure? qubes, tails, whonix?
>>
>>60826580
Do you even know what secure imply?
It's qubes.
>>
>>60826522
I've got a 32GB 3.0 thumb drive almost maxed. 32 & 64bit versions of the best distros. I also added in a couple of repair/rescue disks.
>>
>>60826620
>32 & 64bit versions
Why?
Just get the 32 bit, and the 64 bit for the distro that you plan to install.
>repair/rescue disks
Like?
>>
>>60826603
If you want to stay hidden from the man and the skeletons
>>
>>60823561
IOS
>>
what the fuck do you need almost a dozen OS for? I have kali on a flash drive for recovery purposes and haven't needed it yet.
>>
>>60823561
Kali and TAILS for actual live use, Mint for installing.
>>
>>60823561
Tails, Lubuntu, Slacko Puppy
I have Kali on a USB somewhere but I don't actually know how to use most of the programs so I don't bother taking it
>>
Tails is the only truly useful live distro
>>
>>60823561
>Tfw using a hard install of kali
>>
>>60826656
>>60826683
I've gone to people's houses that have an interest in trying Linux. I refurbish old PCs. They'll pay me to backup their pictures and music, and I like to have a nice selection of distros to give them an idea of what they're like. I tell them the pros and cons and let them choose what they're most comfortable with.
>>
>>60826683
For different situations.
Ubuntu/mint for maximum compatibility.
Puppy for older machine.
Slax light weight KDE
fedora upstream RHL
Hiren's system repair and rescue
Tails privacy
Kali general pentesting
qubes security
android x86/remixos to run android app
windows PE another system repair and rescue.
>>60826905
I agree, but qubes and puppy/slax can be very useful sometimes.
>>60828662
Why would you do that?
>>60828746
Do you charge people for installing GNU/Linux?
>>
>>60823747
in my experience sometimes only rufus has worked for creating live distros where other methods failed
>>
>>60828776
I charge people to backup their system and get them set up with Linux, yes. Any computer repair shop would do the exact same thing and charge a bullshit amount of money for doing it. They ask me to do it. I tell them it's quite easy but they'd rather have me do it because they're afraid of fucking something up. I don't screw anyone over, I just expect to get paid for my time. And I always make sure they understand the basics and offer help down the road if they need it. But often times they don't.
>>
>>60828851
pretty comfy job desu
>>
>>60826470
Redpill me on it.
>>
>>60823561
any guides, this shit is in fucking french
>>
Knoppix, i want a proppr live distro
>>
Does anyone know of a guide on how to make a liveUSB on Mac and also how to boot off the usb on a Mac?
>>
What's the fucking point, you're wasting space with ove redundency. I always have a local machine I can either directly use or a server I can connect into for all my needs, no need to run shit on untrusted local hardware.

That aside, if you really want a usb just pick your fucking choice of distro, arch is great due to packages with the black arch repos added in. If you really want multiple systems to boot into just use btrfs, multiple subvolumes and make sure the data is properly deduplicated, no need for a million OSes when you can easily use one or at worst one booting into multiple root subvolumes.
>>
>>60833591
hey pal shut up no one here does actual work it's called a hobby OS for a reason
>>
File: 81C7JYBt2lL._SL1500_.jpg (40KB, 481x307px) Image search: [Google]
81C7JYBt2lL._SL1500_.jpg
40KB, 481x307px
just have kali on one of these little niggers but i am a little worried about the overall life of it since it is just a microSD card

it's fast and works though
>>
knoppix
>>
>>60828776
I wanted debian, but it wouldn't recognize my wifi card. I'd been using kali recently for a cybersec comp on the same device off of a live usb, and knew that just werked, so I hard installed it and it works perfectly fine, haven't had any serious problems.
>>
>>60830733
There is english ybuntu ISO on soundforge
>>
>>60833079
LiveUSB of GNU/Linux?
Use dd command.
>server I can connect into
>shit on untrusted local hardware
That's why you use TAILS.
>>60833830
I don't see the issue.
A USB flash drive is MicroSD card.
>>60834645
That's still a thing?
>>60835414
Because debian have a policy against propriety drivers.
>>
>>60833830
UMM racist much???

Frig off back to /pol/ with your illegal opinions.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.