[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Netbook thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: laptop_latitude_e4200_overview3.jpg (13KB, 350x210px) Image search: [Google]
laptop_latitude_e4200_overview3.jpg
13KB, 350x210px
What's your favorite Netbook and why?

Mine is a Dell Latitude E4200.
>ssd
>Core 2 Duo
>non-glare display
>EC
>SC
>built-in mobile modem
>>
>>60821012
x1c
>light
>ssd
>DDR3L
>anti-glare
>>
Install. Gentoo
>>
>>60821173
>x1c
Can't understand, why they left the Eth-Port out...
>>
File: 7370dell.jpg (232KB, 964x379px) Image search: [Google]
7370dell.jpg
232KB, 964x379px
Why is /g/ so poor? Picked up one of these on fleabay for $500. Shit cpu but it's light as fuck
>>
2570p
>12.5"
>quadcore
>ec
>hackintosh support
>>
>>60821685
> no eth
in the trash it goes
>>
File: x120e.jpg (33KB, 530x430px) Image search: [Google]
x120e.jpg
33KB, 530x430px
>>60821012
*blocks your path*
>>
Tkp x220
I5
8go ram
Qubes os
So comfy
>>
File: Latitude XT.jpg (286KB, 1024x934px) Image search: [Google]
Latitude XT.jpg
286KB, 1024x934px
Just picked up a practically mint condition Dell Latitude XT a few days ago, not a mark on it, original battery (has 0% wear on it), matte finish capacitive (yes, really) digitizer, pen works great as well, love this fucking little machine. Going to get an mSATA drive for it with an adapter (it uses 1.8" drives with a ZIF connector so while it's slow now using the 120GB 4200 rpm drive it'll be much snappier with the mSATA drive in it even using the PATA interface).

$25 on craigslist, man, what a steal I got on this beauty. Put a 2GB stick in it (for 3GB max), Windows 7 Pro 32-bit (because 64-bit is pointless on such a machine), no issues, has a WWAN card in it already, 11n dual band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, fingerprint reader, this fucker is loaded for bear and ready to go.

Going to order the 9-cell battery slice and the media bay docking cradle as well.

Wanted one of these when they first came out in 2008 but wasn't willing to pay the $2750+ for 'em. This one I got for $25 practically new even today sold originally for $3348 shipped per my Dell rep pulling up the original invoice for it.

Yeah, I'm gonna enjoy owning this. Hell, even installing Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on it has full N-trig support from the gitgo, pen and touch work just fine and I might even dual boot for some testing just for shits and giggles.
>>
>>60824911
Holy fucking shit, it's a fucking steal for $25.

You lucky bastard. What do you plan on doing with it?
>>
>>60825040

Using it, of course, yes it's underpowered compared to today's monsters but there's just something about the design of it that I love. Always been a fan of Dell's "flat black" industrial design models, I have an E6400, got an E4310 for my wife recently (she wanted something smaller), and my main device is an E6420 which I do like but still prefer the flat black models with the hard somewhat sharp edge design. All the curved shit gets on my nerves, go figure.

If I could do it I'd pay someone to refit devices like this XT or the E6400 with the latest hardware which would be awesome, similar to what those peeps over in China are doing with remaking the old ThinkPads with new guts and modern processors/etc.

Only about 3 lbs so it fits well in the handle, the jog wheel thing on the side is awesome for when I'm reading eBooks and magazines which look great on the display, I can flick/swipe to turn the pages too but why bother with that jog wheel thing which is an awesome addition to it.

I put Windows 10 on it just to get it activated/registered and everything works, it has newer N-trig drivers than the last ones provided by Dell actually, no issues at all but I simply can't tolerate Windows 10 - I installed it so if I sell it the potential new owner could have it an option if that's their choice of OS.

But so far so good, didn't have the original 45 watt slim AC adapter, came with a more traditional 65 watt "fat" one but that's not a concern really. I have a 90 watt slim adapter here but really that kind of thing isn't an issue.

Was looking for the original canvas "strap" accessory case but I can't find it, found the really nice leather pouch case Dell created (and included in the original box) for the XT on eBay, might order it soon just to have it.

The seller had it listed for weeks on craigslist and I kept waiting for a price drop, finally contacted him and said I had $25 cash and could come immediately and now it's mine.
>>
File: latitude7370power.jpg (15KB, 615x310px) Image search: [Google]
latitude7370power.jpg
15KB, 615x310px
>>60823536
>>
File: T450s_hero_01.jpg (330KB, 1000x857px) Image search: [Google]
T450s_hero_01.jpg
330KB, 1000x857px
>>60821685
Lol, I got a t440s with a trackpad conversion and a 1080p IPS display for less than that on fleabay.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.