[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any companies that make ear buds that last a while?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (180KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
180KB, 1600x1200px
Are there any companies that make ear buds that last a while? The pair have, by Harmon Kardon, a company that I read is supposed to make earbuds that last. The right ear just went out on me and the pair is only a year and a half old. I bought them for $50.

I've looked this up and can only find shitty clickbait articles. Can I find some earbuds that will last me a while? I don't mind paying extra as long as I can find something actually good.
>>
Unironically Apple. My very first pair (one without volume control) still works even though it sounds shitty compared to the newer ones.
>>
>>60817034
I honestly think they're designed to be defective by design
>>
Did the ear bud fail or did you just take poor care of them and mash the jack around until it became loose?
>>
>>60817034
>earbuds
what year is this get some iems pops
>>
>>60817125
My Apple earbuds that came with an iPod ten years ago were probably the best and most durable earbuds I've ever had.
They lasted me years.

>>60817137
The wires are really fucking thin, so they tend to snap very easily.
>>
So find the broken section of wire and solder it back together. Are you retarded?
>>
>>60817181
this, i've been abusing a pair of etymotic er-4p for ten years now and they're still good

having a replaceable cable helps since it's probably going to die soon, swapping for a new one will have them set for another few years
>>
Apple Earpods are the best earbuds
>>
>apple shills
>>
Shure se215. They are more or less modular so if the cable ever breaks or frays you can replace it easily. Pretty happy with mine going on 2 years now.
>>
>>60817378
replacable filters in etymotic also helps it maintain sound quality for years, even in the lower end models like HF series
>>
>>60817034
No. Just buy ten pairs of philips 3580 and replace them every six months when they break.
>>
>>60817034
>Can I find some earbuds that will last me a while?

The wires twist over time and eventually snap. It's completely unpreventable. Buying brand names won't help. The copper wires need to be thick, something that's not possible for earbuds without weighing it down.
>>
I have been using the one that comes with lumia phones for 2 years
>>
File: 71wftNH2+tL._SL1500_.jpg (63KB, 1500x898px) Image search: [Google]
71wftNH2+tL._SL1500_.jpg
63KB, 1500x898px
I had a pair of $30 cx300-ii senns that (accidentally) went through the washing machine like 6 or 7 times over the course of a year and a half or so, they were still fine, the only thing being that the cable was coiling up

Got a second pair after that and they've been good since (8 months)

They handle yanks decently and sound pretty decent for the price
Would recommend
>>
>>60819073
This
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.