[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New York Subway Terminals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7

File: 20170517_103648.jpg (317KB, 2160x1215px)
20170517_103648.jpg
317KB, 2160x1215px
>trying to pay for metro tickets to get on the train in new york
>machine freezes
>fuckmylife.jpg
>see this

THE METROS ARE RUNNING LINUX MINT
>>
>>60814603
you prefer them to run windows xp like most ATMs?
>>
27 years in this shitty city and only now do I learn that the atm machines run Linux. kek
>>
It says WinNT on the screen you fucking idiot
>>
>>60814896
metrocard machines*

>>60814909
And now that I look at the image closer, they actually just run Windows
>>
>>60814909
Micro$hils BTFO once again.
>>
>>60814896
>27 years in Jew York
i'm sorry for you
>>
YEAR. OF. THE. LINUX. DESKTOP.
>>
File: grimes in hd.jpg (45KB, 500x544px) Image search: [Google]
grimes in hd.jpg
45KB, 500x544px
>>60814919
>And now that I look at the image closer, they actually just run Windows
>>
>>60814603
>Run WinNT 4.0

Well wouldn't you know, OP was a faggot today.
>>
>>60814936
>one of the oldest new world settlements
>heritage sites predating the revolutionary war
>architecture dating back to when it was still New Amsterdam
>some of the oldest colonial bloodlines
>cleanest tap water in the country
>some of the fastest inet speeds
>literally everything is near by
>way too tough and rude for your everyday sjw
its a lot better than you think
>>
>>60815269
nah i've been there, it's a shithole
>>
>Put key in my car's ignition
>Turn it
>Car starts
It just werks.
>>
>>60815269
as an lafag, it would be neat to have everything walkable and have good internet speeds. would love for this city to build up. rents are comparable anyway, and already don't have a car. if i can snag a good job and i wouldn't mind living there 2bqh.
>>
>>60815269
The thing about SJW is true. People think New York is like San Francisco but people here just don't care
>>
>>60815482
I remember years ago coming to LA for the first time, and the amount of shock the locals were in when I started jay walking with the meanest scowl across my face
learned the hard way that jay walking and hocking lookgies isn't just a thing, it is particular to NY culture
>>
>>60815590
i don't jaywalk just because i already feel like i'm playing frogger when crossing on green as it is. residential streets are alright, but still kinda iffy if fucking waze is directing the cagers down the street.
also the cops love to get you for it around downtown, so i don't even try it there, not worth it really.
>>
>>60815269
>in constant competition with soCal over who can make the most retarded gun laws
>overbearing liberal politicians from NY on TV every day bitching about something
"too tough and rude for your everyday SJW" doesn't mean shit when you put the ones that stay on the top of the fucking totem pole and let them make all your laws.
>>
>>60814936
Well I have 21 years.
>>
>>60815281
Probably better compared to the suburban shit hole you live in. You are probably too poor to live there anyway.
>>
>>60815482
Whats stopping you most of manhattan and Brooklyn are pretty good
>>
>>60816422
Move to a nice neighborhood also why do you need a fucking assault rifle in the middle of a city weirdo.
>>
>>60816628
still in school here. once i'm done i'll stake it out somewhere else.
>>
>>60816645
Is sanfran any good?
>>
>>60816640
>why do you need
>you need
>need
typical nyfag: doesn't like freedom so he refuses to defend the rights of him or anyone else. good fucking job dipshit.
>>
>>60816662
i dunno, hear rents are even more crazy there. not a move i would make anyway.
>>
>>60815659
>Police enforcing jaywalking laws
LA sounds awful
>>60815590
>Being an angry asshole all the time and justifying it as "NY culture"
NY sounds awful
>both are expensive and have worse gun laws than fucking Canada
No thanks
>>
>>60816696
I understand the appeal of guns, I have plenty of friends who have them upstate. Heck I might own one however, having dozens of high powered weapons while living a densely populated area sounds like recipe for disaster. I'm ok with someone owning a shot gun or maybe a hand gun or two for protection, anything other than that is silly and stupid.
>>
>>60816697
Well it depends on how much you make, keep in mind that you get paid more to do certain jobs in NYC. If you make over 65k a year you can live in the outer boroughs with a commute less than 45 minutes.
>>
>>60816738
I am not sure where this whole "All New yorkers are mean" meme comes from, most of us do not give a flying shit about you or your values. I bet you have never visited the city. Also whats the purpose of having a high powered firearm in a city dont give me the same that "Muh freedom" shit. Give a actually reason.
>>
>>60816738
well thanks for letting us know your thoughts on those two cities.
>>
File: angry cat.jpg (72KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
angry cat.jpg
72KB, 640x640px
>>60815269
>Jews own everything
>infested with niggers and spics, many of them fucking illegal
>homosexuality shoved in your face everywhere
>most of the city is a literal garbage dump/open sewer
>95% chance of stepping in dog shit if you don't constantly watch where you walk

I'd honestly rather live a fucking rainforest
>>
>>60814603
>metro tickets
Who the fuck calls it that? They are MetroCards
>>
>>60816789
>Also whats the purpose of having a high powered firearm in a city dont give me the same that "Muh freedom" shit. Give a actually reason.

So when some spic nigger high on weed laced with PCP decides to start running people over, he can be stopped before kills someone.
>>
>>60816819
>Jews own everything
Not true, there are many buissness owned by Hispanics, Africans and Arabs.
>infested with niggers and spics, many of them fucking illegal
The majority of the city is white and the minorities self segregate.
>homosexuality shoved in your face everywhere
False, only in certain neighborhoods
>95% chance of stepping in dog shit if you don't constantly watch where you walk
Stop walking around shitty areas, I have lived here for 21 years I have never stepped in dog poo

You're just salty because the shitty suburb you live in is boring af.
>>
>>60816842
fool
>>
>>60816819
you sure showed him anon
>>
>>60816842
Well that is a extremely rare incident, also what are you going to do? Try to shoot him, miss and kill innocent bystander? Also I am pro carry and, I dont see anything wrong with people carrying a hand gun. The only thing I have a problem with are the gun nuts who collect high powered weapons.
>>
>>60816869
t. I just most here a couple years ago, NYC is awesome!

Yeah TECHNICALLY Jews don't own everything but realistically, they do. The Hispanics, Africans and Arabs who are business or even property owners are all just waiting for some rich Jew to offer them a few million for their property.

>The majority of the city is white and the minorities self segregate.
bullshit

>False, only in certain neighborhoods
Yeah, the ones that aren't black or spic slums

>Stop walking around shitty areas, I have lived here for 21 years I have never stepped in dog poo
Okay, so you don't even live here.
>>
>see image
>clearly shows WinNT on the display twice
>it doesn't say miNT you stupid fucking person
>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all
>>
i told u all linux has no real world use. its such for a niche market of virgins

all professionals that want stuff to run use windows
>>
>>60816914
>extremely rare incident

Sure but guess what, the news was just talking about all the gang related shootings that happen in the city today. The gun laws only restrict law-abiding citizens ability to defend themselves, nothing more.
>>
File: CpE.png (186KB, 964x934px) Image search: [Google]
CpE.png
186KB, 964x934px
>>60816923
>The majority of the city is white and the minorities self segregate.
With the exception of gentrifying neighborhoods, a majority of the neighborhoods are usually dominated by one or two ethic groups.
>Yeah, the ones that aren't black or spic slums
Wrong again are you forgetting about: Riverdale, Upper east side, Roossovelt Island, Inwood, Jamaaica Estates (Trump Is from this area), Fluishing, I can go on and on you get the point. There are plenty of middle class neighborhoods that are filled with undesirables that are gay havens.
>Okay, so you don't even live here.
I've lived here longer than you, move to a better neighborhood

t. Musuem Mile guy
>>
>>60816982
Most of those gang shootings are in shitty areas near projects. Also I do agree that the gun laws are kinda strict however, how can the violence in these areas be solved with bringing in more high powered weapons.
>>
>>60817036
* Edit (Second point) : are not
>>
>>60817036
Well I see you still can't deny that the city is a garbage dump/open sewer.
>>
https://www.google.com.br/maps/@40.6210566,-74.5081584,3a,75y,49.42h,84.54t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sn05vBiVR-Gv7HBPRfqor3w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

no power cables

how do you get your electricity?
under the ground?
how practical is that?
>>
I really want to move to NYC but entry level sde jobs that pay well are so rare. I don't want to share an apartment with 3 other people just to get by
>>
>>60817097
Why the random suburb?

But yeah cables are usually underground because there's no worry of earthquakes and shit fucking them up
>>
>>60817131
Unless you land a 6 figure job, do not come here. This city is only enjoyable if you are making a lot of money.
>>
>>60817097
>how do you get your electricity?
>under the ground?
>how practical is that?
Very practical, the power lines are protected from strong winds earthquakes and, depressed housewifes in suvs.
>>
>>60817143
>Why the random suburb?
I just dropped the street view randomly
I think it's a pretty place
I like the houses
>>
>>60817158
True for the most part, If you land a job making 65k+ with roommates you should be fine.
>>
>>60814603
>WinNT 4
Really? At this point, that's arguably more out of date than VMS.
>>
>>60817183
There's a reason why the MTA is notoriously unreliable. Recently, some poor CUNY boy couldn't attend his own graduation due to the MTA's incompetence.
>>
>>60817213
>CUNY
kek that sounds funny
>>
>>60817221
KYOU-NEE, not cunny
>>
>>60817166
>>60817143
show me more of your country, anons
>>
>>60817183
they use os/2 in the back end don't worry

they also use windows 98 running toughbooks to get diagnostic data from the r142/r142a car class's
>>
>>60817096
Yes and No, It depends on what part you are talking about. Are there some parts of the Bronx that utterly repulsive, yes there are. Are there some parts of the Bronx that are amazing to live it? Yes, It all depends on the location, at least we aren't Philadelphia.
Also where did you move from?
>>
>>60817259
Where are you from Anon I got some cool pics if you want to see them.
>>
>>60817296
I didn't move from anywhere, I grew up here. I want move away.
>>
File: Capture.png (474KB, 691x434px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
474KB, 691x434px
>>60817285
>>
>>60816819
If you think this is how nyc is you're not from here.
>>
>>60815269
Nah, I my entire family is made up of limp wrist-ed liberals and left leaning trash SJWS and guess where they all either hail from or have moved to in the last few years?

Jew York.
>>
>>60816923
Where did you move from? I think I asked the wrong Anon.
>>
>>60817183
yes but not just any windows nt 4.0

when you buy enough licenses you get a custom badged version
>>
>>60817354
No, you asked the right guy. I've lived in this city for all 27 years of my life. I grew up in Williamsburg, went to school in Manhattan, fucked Korean sluts from Queens and Caribbean sluts Bronx and never once stepped foot on Staten Island.

>>60817335
You can take that unwarranted New Yorker pride and place it in those new brown organic compost bins.
>>
>>60817405
Ive been to Staten Island a few times, you are not missing anything bud.
>>
>>60817405
Staten Island is boring.
>>
>>60817303
sorry, don't want people shittalking my country
>>
I remember when /g/ wasn't so full of redditards that 99% of the posts in a thread about crashed public machines were bitching about jews/cucks/liberals
>>
>>60817539
So downvote the thread :^)
>>
>>60817505
So India or south America? I have cool pics if you want to see them.
>>
>>60817581
I did. 4chan doesn't display it anymore.
>>
>>60814863
>tfw a guy was contracted to upgrade atm to windows 7
>mfw I asked him some questions, and gave him my resume
>started coding again.
>he denied me
>oh well
>>
>>60814603
you had one job.. to take a fucking picture
>>
>Mint
Fake news; the MetroCard vending machine code originally ran on XP, but it's super easy to port because the whole library is written in standard library C.

MTA would never put part of the MetroCard system on something as heavy as Mint. It needs to be 100% fault tolerant because of how the turnstiles work.
>>
>>60817285
>>60817320

>Windows 98
> in 2017

Why they are still using that? holy shit
>>
>>60819779
>internal combustion engine
>in 2017

Why they are still using that? holy shit
>>
>>60814863
Or OS/2 Warp
>>
>current year
>still using paper passes instead of suica cards

You'd think the New York Metro would get its shit together by now.
>>
>>60819848
SmartLink cards are eventually going to work for the whole transit system in NY/NJ. Its been years and they still only use it for the PATH trains.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.