[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comcast Xfinity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: XFINITY_r.png (25KB, 954x310px) Image search: [Google]
XFINITY_r.png
25KB, 954x310px
So I just switched to comcast xfinity for my residential isp

I suggest nobody else do the same. ever.

The first week me having xfinity they stopped routing to archive.org because their shit was jacked

>https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/60703104

Comcast blocks all TCP port 25 traffic so that you cant have a functioning email server at home without paying for a 3rd party relay service that uses something besides port 25 as its smtp relay port

Comcast says you can enable port 25 by request:
>http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/taking-steps-to-prevent-unintentional-network-abuse

But this is only a partial truth.

Sure, you can request port 25 be unfiltered and they will do it for you... if you upgrade to business class internet and want to pay $140 a month for just 20/down and 10/up.

Worst of all, when you call comcast support all you get is pajeet after pajeet who doesnt know what the hell your talking about and thinks you dont know how to operate a computer when you tell them that your home email server isnt working and you need them to stop filtering port 25
>>
>>60808850
Are you retarded.
>>
>>60808902
obviously, because I signed up for comcast internet
>>
Serious question.

Because US burgers have almost no choice in selecting an ISP, where would one determine which ISP is able to service our area?
>>
>>60808850
I dropped those assholes after they tripled my internet bill the next year. I know if you threaten to cancel they'll lower your bill, but fuck them
>>
>>60808930
this really pissed me off. My email worked fine with my last ISP (ATT).

also, their intentional obfuscation of the truth by posting on their website that "residential customers can request port 25 be unblocked" is so intentionally misleading. residential customers can request a blowjob from Dakota Skye but that doesnt mean Comcast is going to give it to you.

Also, what the fuck is up with the comcast TV remote having a built in microphone that is activated by dfault as soon as you pair your remote with the cable box?

In america, your tv watches you™ (comcast©)
>>
>>60808921
Simply look up which ones are available in your area.
>>
>>60808850
Was Comcast your only choice?
>>
First point is a real concern but the second is what most ISPs do by default.
>>
>>60809039
I have two choices, att and comcast.

I was using ATT but comcast offered me a better deal for internet and I accepted like an idiot

>>60809046
maybe, but when I pay for internet I expect full functionality. At the very least, I expect that upon request that will open ports for me.

Its like saying "well your buying a car and it has builtin air conditioning, but we will only activate the air conditioning if you are a commercial account."
>>
>>60808850
If NN wasn't appealed it would have made this silly port blocking illegal once it came into affect.
>>
>>60809067
I agree with you.
>>
>>60808850
>website cheaps out on shitty service provider with no redundancy
>blames your ISP
This is why you Net Neutrality faggots are retarded.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.