[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where the fuck are the Ryzen mini ITX boards? Did all of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 13-138-452-Z01.jpg?w=660&h=500.jpg (126KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
13-138-452-Z01.jpg?w=660&h=500.jpg
126KB, 1280x960px
Where the fuck are the Ryzen mini ITX boards? Did all of the manufacturers besides Biostar (always OOS) just give up?
>>
Fuck your memeboards nigga
>>
>>60803906
I'm pretty drunk but theres something about a new chipset or something like that for mITX boards. The X300 chipset was supposed to be for the mITX boards, BIOSTAR for some reason put X370 on an mITX board, while other vendors mysteriously stayed silent on their small form factor offerings. At Computex AMD wouldn't comment on the situation which means they have something news worthy that they haven't officially confirmed yet.
>>
>>60803936
why are you drunk on a Friday night?
>>
>>60803948
I'm on vacation.
>>
>>60803906
what is the point of these "cute systems"
When you can have better one with bigger board.
Are you same people that "rice" your desktop?

There is not significiant weight or size difference,only much less functionality.
>>
>>60803906
dead platform, manufacturers are not even bothering
>>
>>60803986
Some people only want 1 GPU
They don't need an internal optical drive
They only have 1 mechanical 3.5" HDD and 1 SSD
There is no reason for them to have a full tower or even mATX build

An mITX chassis provides all the functionality they'd ever want or need. An external NAS is a far superior option for storage anyway.
>>
>>60803986
it's a HTPC/server that sits in my living room

Why buy more than I need, I just need one pcie slot, a couple of ram slots, m.2, and the standard # of SATA and USB ports

All the rest of an ATX board is meme-tier (muh expansion) and the cases scream NEET GAYMER
>>
>>60803986
>There is not significiant weight or size difference,only much less functionality.
There definitely can be a weight and size difference. Not if you are building for "gaming", or water cooling, or whatever you want to use 4 different PCIe slots for. But if all you want is desktop-class CPU and RAM with a few drive bays, then there can be benefits to less weight and size if you move around a lot. As someone who moved about once a year for 5 years, and who would be the weird-ass using a desktop at hackathons (instead of a laptop I guess?) I enjoyed having a lighter, smaller ITX machine that still had the full power of 6-core, 12-threads and just enough room for 1 SSD and 2x HDDs in the case.

I agree for most people who were not me, it's a pretty silly idea driven mostly by aesthetics. I certainly don't recommend it on average.
>>
>>60803986
some people enjoy having less functionality and restricted airflow you dumb baka
>>
>>60804051
Be honest with me,did it ever saved you money? I checked every socket type in existence and It is never cheaper than ATX.
Then again what is the point to have less for same ammount of muh money.

If I could have television in every room for 100$ or television in 1 room for 100$ but I would rarely use other TV than the one in my room. I'd still get the all rooms variant for "just in case"
>>
File: 2.jpg (219KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
219KB, 960x960px
>>60804058
>>60804058
>There definitely can be a weight and size difference.
>significiant weight and size

That is straw man as I already do not deny that possibility.But just like you can make very bare bone ITX I can compare It to barebone larger mb that can last longer because size and number of components still matter in 2 0 1 7 with chance to upgrade later if needed[we can not predict future needs perfectly]

In 10 years It may not be the case with some high-tech tranzistors,rezistors,clock memory,shielding etc.

Currently I see very little of point in it.

But like i said,it is cute you can have it under your waifu figurine and furry costume.
>>
>>60803906
gigabyte will launch some
asus so far has the most complete mitx out there
>>
>>60804093
Small form factor is not about saving money. It's about saving space and aesthetics.
>>
>>60804231
you save quite a lot of money since 90% of the people wont sli cf whatever they dont need a gazzilion of usb's or sata ports or or or...
mini itx is perfect for what it offers you can make a high end gaming pc watercooled or a htpc =/server house thingy
and all of that on a small case that you can put on any place you like
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.