[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ipod was the first mp3 player Mp3 players came out in 1997

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

>ipod was the first mp3 player
Mp3 players came out in 1997
>Apple invented tablet computers
Windows had tablet computers in 1996
>Apple invented the smartphone
Blackberry and Palms were in wide use by 2003
>Woah, Home Pod!
See pic
>>
It was never an argument on who created it but you can't say Apple didn't refine and make them mainstream.
>>
>>60796409
Yes you can. Believe it or not, people used smartphones a lot before iPhone was even thought of.
>>
mp3 players, tablets and smartphones would not have caught on if nobody introduced them to the 99% broke faggots like me. Admit it OP. You don't buy the expensive shit when it's first released.
>>
>>60796382
Apple invented spotlight.
>>
>>60796482
Spotlight is shit, Sherlock was THE shit
>>
>>60796465
Comparing the iPhone to "smartphones" of that time is a horrible comparison.
>>
>>60796494
Nobody copied Sherlock, everybody copied Spotlight.
>>
>>60796499
Yes, because noone needed unnecessary "apps" with premium prices such as a fantastic calculator or "torch".
>>
>>60796552
No one needs a lot of shit. Technology is a luxury.
>>
>>60796494
>mf i run sherlock on my 10.4 machines because spotlight takes forever to get results
>>
>>60796570
>mf i tell lies on the Internet
>>
>>60796566
>same technology available to eveyone else
>luxury
>>
>>60796577
It works in classic mode just fine anon.
>>
>>60796382
>Apple invented connected home speakers,
ftfy.

>>60796465
normies did not use smart phones until iPhone.
>>
Apple did however create the first personal computer that came with a monitor, keyboard and mouse and also the first laptop.
>>
>>60797432
The smartphones before Iphone were unusablle shit. Source: I bought one of these "bussines smartphones" before iphone worst decision in my life.
>>
>>60797856
it must be because you are retarded
>>
>>60796382
> windows had tablet computers
Source. Dx was in its infancy and didn't release in win 95 initially. Also windows itself was stolen so who cares
>>
>>60797972
Touch screens were garbage before iphone. Remember BlackBerry was actually popular which had scrolling trackball before the iphone came to be
>>
>>60799170
Google it you fucktard. Xp had optional touch components.
>>
>>60799199
full keyboard blackbarries were the most patrician choice over touch screens.
>>
>>60796499
you might not be old enough to remember, but the first iphone was less useful than blackberries at the time. It wasn't until the 3, maybe 4 that it actually started getting decent.

There was no app store, the hdd size was 8gb, it was twice as expensive as any other phone, the screen was tiny, it had a shit battery, the screen cracked if you looked at it the wrong way, the back got dented every time you set it on a table, I dont even think there was imessage at the beginning either, etc, etc, etc
>>
>>60799199
I actually liked resistive touchscreens. You could play OpenTTD like a boss on 5" display. Especially when you also had physical 5-way controller. You could fit a lot of stuff on that screen when you didn't need to have hugeass UI for finger touch.

Wacom is obviously superior to resistive touchscreens, but there are only samshit phones with it and they don't have a keyboard or any physical buttons at all.
>>
>>60799307
>samshit

kinda funny considering they're by far the best phones currently on the market
>>
>>60796466
OP might not but I do
t. richfag
>>
File: microsofttabletpc.jpg (44KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
microsofttabletpc.jpg
44KB, 500x300px
>>60799170
>>
Palms and symbian smartphones with buttons were too complicate to use for the mainstream social network normies.

Also yahoo messenger and hi5 (or that myspace thing in the US, in europe we used hi5 more often) were not optimised for any kind of mobile browsing back then.
>>
>>60799506
>'98
>WinXP with MCE skin

Nice.
>>
>>60799354
I have a samsung tablet (Note Pro 12.2) and the quality is pretty bad. The paint on the frame is easily scratched (it's a plastic painted to look a little like metal; 'a little' because it still looks like plastic that tries to be metal), button placement is bad (because 2 out of 3 are touch buttons it actually matters), no OS updates so I have to use unofficial ones that make the bad button placement more problematic (because they are no longer disabled when using the pen, it's really easy to press them when writing so I use it upside-down), the battery connector got little loose after some time and the tablet would go into infinite reboot loop at 40% charge so I had to open up this piece of shit, and yeah, countless latches everywhere because apparently screws are too expensive or thick now. Surprisingly the insides were pretty nice, probably because then can't fuck up too much when a lot of components are already included in SoC.

Also, I think that Android is bad. Only with 7.0 we got some basic multitasking (split which actually is usable only on big screens and more importantly, quick switch between applications), but it still feels bad when the previous program you used must be reloaded because you ran out of RAM or some pajeet made some shit code or something. Android's only point is that it can launch a program. Lots of programs. Want to read messages? Launch a program. Mail? Another program. Messages from other communicators? More programs. It simply doesn't have much integration between all those parts. At least with 7.0 you can split screen (if your device is big enough).
>>
>>60796382
no one fucking thinks apple 'invented' that stupid shit like the rest of your examples.

unlike dumb ass shitty mp3 players and bulky tablets, the google thing and the amazon thing are widely known about and heavily advertised
>>
>>60796499
I had a cracking smartphone for ages before the iPhone came out. It even ran tomtom sat nav.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.