[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

State Department Begins Vetting Social Media For Visas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: TRUNEWS.com.jpg (44KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
TRUNEWS.com.jpg
44KB, 800x522px
The U.S. State Department has begun vetting social media profiles as part of the visa application process for foreign nationals suspected of having terrorist connections

http://www.trunews.com/article/state-department-begins-vetting-social-media-for-visas

>(VERO BEACH, FL) Starting on May 25th of this year, the State Department began requesting five years worth of prospective applicants social media profiles. Additionally, consular officers can now also ask for 15 years of biographical information including expanded details about family members, their travel history, employment, residence, and passport numbers. According to the State Department notice posted on May 4th of this year to the Federal Register, the new vetting policies apply to visa applicants "who have been determined to warrant additional scrutiny in connection with terrorism and national security-related visa ineligibilities."

>The State Department estimates roughly 65,000 applicants each year, or 0.5 percent of all yearly visa applicants, will be effected. This change was pushed by the Trump administration as a way to preemptively identify potential terrorists, and begin enacting his campaign promise of “extreme vetting” to better secure America against insider threats.
>>
I unironically enjoy how trump is pushing for all those nightmare dystopian things that I've been warning people about for years.
>>
Good. What kind of dumb nigger doesn't know that Facebook is just a government operation at this point anyway
>>
>>60793647
You think Hillary wouldn't do the same thing except to root out religious conservatives?
>>
>>60795754

You fucking idiots. They were working together.

God damn I hate you all. Wake up. The whole process is a program designed to keep us all down.
>>
File: 1477116493523.png (167KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
1477116493523.png
167KB, 348x342px
how would one enter if say you dont have social media???
>>
>>60795754
Probably not, she'd just use the NSA and sell weapons to ISIS some more
>>
>>60795797
This is stupid as well. They're both shitty and they both tried to use how shitty the other one is to get elected but no they did not fucking work together, the amount of money Hillary spent and how dumbstruck everyone was after she lost you really think she planned to lose?
>>
File: 1472770184411.png (42KB, 642x432px) Image search: [Google]
1472770184411.png
42KB, 642x432px
>american politics thread
>>
>>60795818
This. What if I(and all my terrorist friends) make a new account, and become each other's friend and post cute pics of us having mutton kebabs together? Will the authorities allow us in?
>>
This is obviously Drumpfh's idea. Fuck Drump and fuck white people.

#Resist
>>
>>60795829
That's exactly what Trump's doing. He can shut down the NSA (but he won't) and he just issued a 100 billion dollar weapons deal with Saudi Arabia.
>>
>>60793647
why is this dystopian? why shouldn't the police keep an eye on people who publicly broadcast their intent to commit mad murder? why should visas be granted to people who have expressed desire to kill people once they get here?
>>
File: C9z1f5AVYAAV_mz.png (607KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
C9z1f5AVYAAV_mz.png
607KB, 1024x512px
>>60795797
>>
>>60793629
The State Department estimates roughly 65,000 applicants each year, or 0.5 percent of all yearly visa applicants, will be effected. This change was pushed by the Trump administration as a way to preemptively identify potential terrorists, and begin enacting his campaign promise of “extreme vetting” to better secure America against insider threats.
>effected
Really nigger? Is it so difficult to write correctly?
>>
Inb4 facebook becomes defacto mandatory like social security.
>>
>>60797057
Never
>>
File: 1494709839630.jpg (111KB, 1394x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1494709839630.jpg
111KB, 1394x1017px
>>60795797
My dude.
>>
>>60796010
>That's exactly what Trump's doing. He can shut down the NSA (but he won't) and he just issued a 100 billion dollar weapons deal with Saudi Arabia.
See >>60796282
>>
>>60796110
Shut-up hybrid human.
>>
>>60799236
what?
>>
>>60799345
Not talking to you.
>>
>>60796010
Shutting down the NSA is retarded. They write the security standards that all federal government contractors need to follow.
Without them, you wouldn't have AES (because they and IBM wrote DES) and a host of other encryption algorithms.
>>
>wanting to go to the USA

why

plenty of countries out there, much better than USA, all eager to have you
>>
So if a person with no cancerous social media gets detained, theres no way to come in?

Bureaucrats are retarded, even that is a understatement. This load of documentation from ever renewing hordes upon hordes of people will burder the system, making it slower and shitier than it already is.

Theres also room for abuse in the social media requirements too. All effect this'll have is the rise if a new profile market.

People who want go get in the US just have to pay anyway.
>>
>>60797057
Already is here (=-forgotten yuropoor shithole). For example having no facebook during a job interview puts you on par with sex offenders and refugee niggers. It just screams: the bloke is weird. And worst part is, they're right.

People who refuse to use facebook are less likely to obey orders = not very good employee material.
>>
>>60800042
>People who refuse to use facebook are less likely to obey orders = not very good employee material.
Citation?
>>
The trick is to have facebook but not post anything in there like a retard.
>>
>>60800438
Pretty much this, I got tired to explain why I wasn't on it.
>>
>>60800529
Explaining to whom?
>>
So what do they do if the person is autistic and has little to no social media presence? Instant denial? This discrimination towards the autistic CANNOT continue!
>>
>>60800557
Everyone, dumb ass.

Treat it as a list of people you interacted with at least once. Also, you get to look at hot pictures of women if that's your thing. They post almost naked pictures of themselves in order to show off to each other, but they're too dumb to understand privacy settings so you can see it too.

There. Now you have a reason. It's a read-only app that lets you into the minutiae of people's lives.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.