[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can i learn programming on YouTube? I am a fucking brainlet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1491496701283.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1491496701283.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
Can i learn programming on YouTube? I am a fucking brainlet
>>
>>60790549
learn by doing
>>
>>60790549
no
>>
>>60790549
you can learn the basic but most of the time it end there you need to dig more from book or online course
>>
>>60790549
Yes
>>
You *can*, but after you have got the basics down, you'll end up just googling everything
>>
>>60790549
programming is done by writing down instructions.
It is basically text files with a special grammar to make it easier for the computer to interpret.
This is refereed to a programming language.

Youtube is for videos.
The two does not overlap really well.
Read books, tutorials and examples to learn programming.
Take simple problems you know how to solve and implement them.
When you can do basic things like that, youtube can be a great resource.
MIT lectures are usually pretty good.
Khan academy type videos are pretty good at explaining math and specific algorithms and they are easier to follow if you don't have the attention span.

I know the meme is that programming is hard, but it is rather simple.
Learning any subject is like learning a language.
You start by learning the basics and then you build on it.
Say you were learning french, you start by learning to keep a simple conversation with someone. With programming languages this is really simple as they are mostly just plain english.
The next stage would be where you introduce specific words over general terms and those takes some time to learn.
With programming, this is learning the shorthand and functions.
Instead of dictionaries, you read the API.

If you are not learning for something specific, I would suggest that you start with C++.
It will beat you up for making mistakes, but it telling you what you are doing wrong is a lot of help.
The syntax is easy to learn and the data structures are close to most theoretical material you will find, so it is easy to learn when and why you use what.
>>
>>60790667
just like everyone else on /g/
>>
Probably. Maybe after a tutorial or 2 you'll get a better idea on how to tackle it. Just start though. Don't spend too much time thinking how you're going to do it.
>>
>>60790549
Not really, you can learn to "copy" from them but if you can't manipulate or rework what you have "copied" then you're basically fucked.
>>
>>60790786
Just like at my work
>tfw rarely write 100% accurate and functional code
>tfw have to google certain things I want to get done because I can imagine it in my head but not apply it

Excellent.
>>
>>60790582
That's not how low IQs learn
>>
Write your own FUKEN COMPILER NIGGER
>>
Install Gentoo
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.