[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arcane pgn files found in PDF. Does anybody knows what they are?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: Imagen crítica aumentada.png (3KB, 517x453px) Image search: [Google]
Imagen crítica aumentada.png
3KB, 517x453px
I am an udergradute student. A chapter of my thesis which I'm working on is an image analysis of an Enviormental Impact Assesment which I have in a PDF file. I didn't wanted to take a screenshot of every single image of the document thus I looked up for freeware that could do this for me. Luckily I found the wonderful pdfmod which allowed me to extract the images from the PDF. I selected a few pages of which I wanted to extract the images and I clicked on the option to do so. When the image extraction was finished I looked up to the output folder and to my surprise there where a lot of more files than I thought. I found this tiny size pgn's of a black background with many color dots, thus I checked other pages and notice every page of the pdf is plagued with this pgn's. I thought it was something common of pdf's but I realized it is not, I checked on other pdf's and they don't have hidden image files. I also thought it was the layers of the image but I selected a text-only page of the EIS pdf and I found still about ten of this. CAN ANY BODY TELL WHAT THIS IMAGE IS?
Note: this is a huge zoom. the original image size is 16x14 pixels. thanks.
>>
Where did you get this pdf from? If it's normally behind a paywall and you downloaded for free attune it might be something to ID you in case you spread it through piracy.
>>
>>60787610

this makes the most sense
>>
>>60786875
It's obviously a watermark
>>
File: a.png (81KB, 575x630px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
81KB, 575x630px
thought so, it contains some data (or rather, it IS some data, encoded as RGB pixels)
>>
>>60787610
A friend shared it to me through an usb flash dirve, he got it the same way. This EIS is an official document, nonetheless it involves a political conflict an thus it's retained.
>>
>>60788231
How can I decode RGB pixels?
>>
>>60788453
the picture includes the command i used (note that i edited it back to the original 16x14 size first)
>>
File: hexcode.png (75KB, 780x558px) Image search: [Google]
hexcode.png
75KB, 780x558px
>>60788462
Got it. Basicly the same. It only has my repository clear and those uninteligable letters and sings above. Is that encoded too? Do you think it worths my time to investigate further on that?
>>
>>60789046
they don't look random/corrupted to me, so they probably mean something, but it's not obvious to me what the rest is
>>
>>60789077
The first page has 49 of this. The Enviormental Impact Statement has about 360 pages. What would be the next step you would take?
>>
>>60789154
idk, it seems to me like it could well have just been generated by your pdf tools, considering the fact they contain a path from your own machine in them
>>
It's a visual programming language.
>>
File: Piet_euclid_algorithm.png (4KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Piet_euclid_algorithm.png
4KB, 600x600px
It's the Piet programming language
>>
>>60789190
that would be wierd since before you extract the images pdfmod detects how many image files the pdf contains. I tried with many other PDF's, even other EIS and only in this specific PDF the tool detects this hidden images. In other cases the tool only extracts the visible images and if it detects no image files it tells you.
>>
File: publicidad.png (148KB, 791x680px) Image search: [Google]
publicidad.png
148KB, 791x680px
>>60789279
It seems to be a peculiar vessel to web advertising. look
>>
>>60789324
you made a mistake, that's the hexdump of converts' help
>>
>>60789046
Try $hexdump -C 22.3.png - convert might not be doing you any favors - if there is hidden data you might be removing it with that. Also

If it's a watermark you likely wont be able to analyze it.
>>
>>60789046
mamaguevo!
>>
File: Piet code fail.png (76KB, 1366x741px) Image search: [Google]
Piet code fail.png
76KB, 1366x741px
>>60789279
Are you sure?
>>
>>60789362
LUL
>>
>>60789554
It's easy to try to run it through the piet compiler, but I think that dude was joking.
>>
File: hexdump.png (94KB, 856x451px) Image search: [Google]
hexdump.png
94KB, 856x451px
>>60789490
Not much use I think
>>
File: 1449160808566.jpg (910KB, 1200x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1449160808566.jpg
910KB, 1200x1062px
>>60789592
I wanted to believe
>>
>>60789698
amazing image, thanks!
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.