[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your router LED's aren't safe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: RouterLED.jpg (64KB, 874x334px) Image search: [Google]
RouterLED.jpg
64KB, 874x334px
Better put some tape over those fuckers.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/malware-uses-router-leds-to-steal-data-from-secure-networks/
>>
>>60786449
>able to change firmware of router
>requires physical presence next to router
I hope this is a troll
>>
>>60786477
AIR GAPPED SYSTEMS
>>
File: 1496796571553.png (252KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1496796571553.png
252KB, 420x420px
>>60786477
>>requires physical presence next to router
>>
>>60786587
not to mention
>maximum of 1kbps per LED
>>
i installed openwrt which doesnt even activate my leds. checkmate noosa
>>
>>60786858
You mean you fucked up the installation and now your LEDs are broken. Not to worry though, we can still steal all your datas by the amount of electricity your household is using per milisecond.
>>
>>60786858
How do you know if you are connected to the internets anon?

On second thoughts, do we really need LEDs on routers?
>>
>>60786449
If an attacker has physical access to your system it's game over, nothing else matters.
>>
>>60786449
>reads router LEDs
the whole idea of security is that ALL communications are encrypted
>>
>>60787320
exactly if we're not getting flying cars the least we can do is throw some modern RGB on routers
>>
>>60786449

I gave up on security when they started using thermal changes in the CPU to crack encryption keys. The game is up if someone really want it.
>>
>>60787864
You're going to have explain that one a bit more
>>
>>60787114
The electricity usage isn't used to extract real data.

>what's a power supply capacitor?

It's probably weighed in to justify a drone attack though. As in: Electricity used exceeded amount to carry data in x sector. All die in x sector.
>>
>team of researchers from the Cyber Security Research Center at the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev in Israel

I have the feeling this is another

>ok guys almost a full year has passed, we need something to justify our massive government research subsidies and fast
>how about making leds blink at random and say it's malware attacks?
>Goldberg Shekelstein you're a genius!
>>
>>60786647
You got a 1000fps camera there m80?
>>
>>60786449
>This attack scenario is the creation of a talented team of researchers from the Cyber Security Research Center at the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev in Israel
(Never) trust the Jews.

>>60787666
Also this.

Also, needing to be able to view the LEDs which means dropping a camera or hacking a security camera because routers generally aren't left in the open.
>>
>>60787114
no, mine wasnt supported at time of installaling

>>60787320
just using it i guess
>>
>>60786449
Apparently if you just so happen to be targeted by the CIA they have a system of being able to read your thoughts.

All they have to do is insert a rectal drug release systems daily and attach electrodes to your brain. If you don't move and you happen to stumble across questions being asked then you will answer them truthfully based off the electrical pulses sent to your brain with ease by the drugs in your system.

It's so subtle that you wouldn't even know.
>>
>>60789749
>Goldberg Shekelstein you're a genius!
kekd
>>
>>60789928
>Subtle
>Needs electrodes applied to forehead

Also, what if i OD because I break the rectal drug release system with a dragon dildo?
>>
>>60789812
This bothers me too.

besides, If you can make LED's blink then surely there must be an easier way to extract information.
>>
>>60791840
the article says the same thing, exploiting a router likely opens up better means of exfiltration
this is just a proof of concept, for the sake of it
>>
>>60786449
Data transfer rates with binary like that would be limited to roughly ~10kbps per LED.

So unless they're exfiltrating a few word documents or PDFs, they'd need hours of uninterrupted monitor to exfiltrate anything significant.
>>
>>60791914
with something like that, you'd be after exfiltrating credentials to get in another way
such as root passwords to get in through ssh on a bigger pipe
>>
>>60786449
i don't even have a router, i get internet off of my phone's hotspot
>>
>>60791933
>i don't even have a router, i get internet off of my router
>>
>hack server equipment
>have total physical access
>to set up LED binary code flashing

So, you go there, do all this shit in order to come back later on and then get extremely basic information from blinking LEDs. What the fuck? In a real scenario, you will not even gain access much less do so and get the information you wanted later on, from fucking binary LEDs. You'll access the data you wanted the first time from the damn physical breach.

Stupid jews.
>>
>>60791943
well it's a portable router then. isp's should be phased out like why are they necessary for home use if a cellular network can do the same thing if the companies that ran them weren't such fucking greedy assholes
>>
>>60791979
4G is literally faster than my landline adsl connection, but it's expensive as fuck
at least i have no cap on adsl
>>
>>60786574
Is this bait? Assuming it is, pretty funny, you made me smile.

If you're serious though, ask yourself how useful an airgapped router is.
>>
>>60791991
which is why google could buy t-mobile, rename g-mobile and not have to roll out fiber in every fucking city. i really don't understand why they won't
>>
>>60786574
>air-gapped ethernet switch
THIS WAS NOT WELL PLANNED OUT

captcha: damit alicante
>>
>>60789109

https://phys.org/news/2013-12-trio-rsa-encryption-keys-noise.html
>>
>>60792005
Because Mobile Telecommunications Networks are unbelievably extremely expensive and aren't as easy to upgrade as pure fibre is?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.