[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Netflix, too big to give a fuck about Net Neutrality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: netflix.png (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
netflix.png
105KB, 1280x720px
Netflix CEO Reed Hastings made it abundantly clear that the company isn't going to rush to consumers aid as the FCC prepares to gut net neutrality. "We had to carry the water when we were growing up and we were small," Hastings said, "and now other companies need to be on that leading edge," stating also that "where net neutrality is really important is the Netflix of 10 years ago."

https://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Now-Successful-Net-Neutrality-No-Longer-Netflixs-Problem-139678
>>
>>60784070
Translation: We're so big now we can use Net Neutrality to make sure no competitors can afford to challenge us.

This is basically Hulu/Netflix/Amazon slamming the door shut behind them.
>>
>>60784070
You just figured that out? Netflix only cared about net neutrality because they didn't want to pay their peering agreement. Now they are a big company, and realized that net neutrality is actually bad for their business model.
>>
>>60784070
They already paid like $50 million to the isps for throttling them not that long ago.
>>
>>60784070

Welp, as the link says, Netflix and the like are now big companies that have to rely on predatory measures to stay up there. It's just the nature of things: not even SIlicon Valley can stop the rentier market.

But if Netflix makes you angry, Google should scare you, as they are themselves a ISP and you can bet they'll be the first to stick a dildo down our throats for our wallets, or even worse, for our personal data.
>>
Should I cancel Netflix and switch to Amazon?
>>
>>60785115
Which you don't need any of them with kodi
>>
>>60784070
If you're not paying for Kodi at this point, you're a cuckold
>>
>>60786453
>Should I cancel Netflix and switch to Amazon?
Switch to Kodi m8
>>
>ITT: people discovering what capitalism means.
>>
>>60786707
Are there recommended addons?
>>
>>60786739
we can only hope once net neutraity is dead, capitalism will also be brought a swift death
>>
>>60786841
Don't you have store fronts to throw rubbish bins through while you 'peacefully protest'?
>>
>>60786837
Popcorn Time, Exodus and CCloud TV are all you need
>>
>>60786901
Cheers my man, I'm on it.
>>
>>60786865
idk where u got the idea that communists are for peaceful protests. I hate liberals probably just as much as u bruh.
>>
>>60786941
It was a joke about how the Liberals and Antifa and Communist groups always say they're just peacefully protesting while there are videos going up all over the place of them rioting and causing property damage.
>>
>>60786941
>he's unironically a communist
>>
>>60787005
naw, thats just liberals. most antifa & communists will both say that propaganda of the deed / destruction of banks and starbucks windows is pretty fun + increases media coverage. Either way, its hilarious that netflix is on board with anti nn now, along with all the other large corporations. Cuz fuck the people, competition, etc etc they want complete control. Shits gonna be real good for business.
>>
We, the europoors, have some sort of net neutrality. But somehow it doesn't manage to convince me that internet is going to stay free and open.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.