[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

apparently these fucking red things are called paper washers,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

apparently these fucking red things are called paper washers, why do computer case manufacturers give me this shit? what the fack are they meant to do???
>>
>>60782100
Use them so you don't fuck the case/screws, you idiot.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washer_(hardware)
>>
>>60782100
Protects the paint on the case
>>
it stops the screws making the mobo short circuit
>>
you guys didn't want wooden screws.
You brought it on yourself.
>>
they can either:
>prevent the screws from becoming loose over time
>prevent the paint underneath from being scratched
>>
>>60782100
I remove mine since they add weight to the computer and make it slower
>>
How did you go to the nineties to buy a case?

Those haven't been used for years now.
>>
>>60782249
>Not knowing the red ones make it run faster
Get a load of this guy.
>>
>fack
You have to go buck
>>
File: safe-02.jpg (47KB, 442x284px) Image search: [Google]
safe-02.jpg
47KB, 442x284px
>>60782100
You place it on the screw then secure the motherboard, its so you don't scratch and short your motherboard I used to place stuff there, it seems like they include them now, pretty cool.
>>
>>60782249
>Sleeper
>>
>>60782100
>Not wanting clean paper
>>
>>60782412
yeah but the screws also serve to connect the board to the chassis as common ground
>>
>>60782412
i always thought that the screw had to touch those metal parts so that the he mobo get grounded
>>
>>60782521
That solder is just there to help lock the screw. They aren't connected to anything.
>>
File: photo-242017.jpg (4KB, 88x88px) Image search: [Google]
photo-242017.jpg
4KB, 88x88px
>>60782412
aren't those meant to direct the static from touching the pc case so that your motherboard wont die?

adding those paper washers there would prolly kill your mobo like hella fast.
>>
>>60782563
I wouldn't be surprised if they are connected to the ground.

Someone get out a motherboard and diode test between two.
>>
>>60782567
I thought the standoffs were supposed to keep the mobo solder points off the metal of the case and provide a ground (since the standoffs touch the case, which acts as a ground)

I don't think it has anything to do with static, although I guess that would work with it too.

The paper washers seem kind of counterintuitive though, since they keep the metal from touching the "ground" in the standoffs, which kind of gets rid of the ground for your mobo.
>>
>>60782736
You would only put the paper washer on one side of the mobo, so either the screw or the standoff would still be touching the solder points.
>>
>>60782736
mobo is grounded through the 24 pin connector to the psu, otherwise it wouldn't work when you built it on a cardboard box.
>>
>>60782664
If it were the case, they had to be labeled as ground with the proper sign next to them
>>
>>60783111
No. You're probably thinking of AC ground.
>>
>>60782249
Add more speedholes to your case to make it faster.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.