[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NSA LEAKER caught because of spying printer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 13

File: maxresdefault.jpg (118KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
118KB, 1400x788px
Daily reminder that every single printer leaves tracking data using small dots on every page.

http://blog.erratasec.com/2017/06/how-intercept-outed-reality-winner.html?m=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sit6zUQKpJc

How is everyone ok with NSA spying on you using your own damn printer?
>>
>having something to hide
have you tried not being a pedophile terrorist? it's pretty nice
>>
can't believe that random sorority girl had that high level of clearance wtf
>>
>>60777948
AMERICA!
>>
File: a winner is you.png (97KB, 698x485px) Image search: [Google]
a winner is you.png
97KB, 698x485px
>named Winner
>is actually a self-loathing loser
bad day for nominative determinism
>>
>>60777936
who handed over the printed material? blame those idiots
>>
File: 1344992706124.jpg (139KB, 674x648px) Image search: [Google]
1344992706124.jpg
139KB, 674x648px
>>60777936
This is total bullshit. It was reported that only 6 people accessed that file, and she was the only one with email contact with the news agency. It may be that they also had printer evidence, but at this point it's all speculation and click bait.
>>
>>60777936
Why printed out if it's a common knowledge? Fucking normie.
>>
>>60777777
>>
Anyone else think the EEVblog has gone to shit in the last year?
>>
>>60778011
>if it's a common knowledge?
Only amongst KC-tier autists.
Women don't know.
>>
>>60777989

And the character assassination begins...

Ignore the message, destroy the messenger.
>>
>>60778022
Well yeah, I don't give a fuck about his
oscilloscopes and multimeters. I want to be entertained god dammit!
>>
https://www.eff.org/pages/list-printers-which-do-or-do-not-display-tracking-dots
>>
>>60778005
/thread
>>
>>60778029
The beauty of character assasination is it's not subject to critical thinking.
>>
>>60778073
haha I don't own a color laser because I was too poor when color printing was still a thing
>>
>>60778103
I stll don't own color. Why the hell would you need color to print documentation?
>>
>/g/ being cucks as usual
Literally
>she doesn't know how the fuck leak properly
>tried to leak shit to feed the muh russia bullshit
>the shit that leaked doesn't have any proof of muh russia anyways
>>
>>60778022
implying it was ever good or useful
>>
>>60778554

This is why no one takes you seriously.
>>
File: literally you.png (114KB, 599x491px) Image search: [Google]
literally you.png
114KB, 599x491px
>>60778554
5 rubles have been deposited in your account
>>
>>60778631
>>60778639
5 shekels have been deposited into your accounts, goyim.
Thanks for collaborate with ShariaBlue
>>
>>60778662

Are you tired of all the winning yet?
>>
>>60778685
Not yet. I still have to win more.
>>
>>60778631
You're wasting your time. Every second you spend arguing with authoritarians is a second they spend winning since you are wasting your time and energy tilting at windmills, while legitimizing their repugnant and anti-American views by taking them seriously.

They only every argue in bad faith, and only for the purposes of propagandizing others reading the argument, and to try and crush your spirit by getting you to waste your time and energy arguing with them until you feel like it's all hopeless.

The only way to deal with these people is to make them social lepers for expressing their profoundly anti-American views. Unreconstructed Nazis are not entitled to being engaged seriously.
>>
>>60777942
>My government today will be as sane as my government tomorrow
>>
>>60777936
"Reality Leigh Winner"

What a stupid fucking name. Thought it was someone that won a reality show.
>>
>>60778711
I still trying to understand how the fuck Trump is "anti american"
>>
>>60778704

With or with out Russias assistance?
>>
>>60778745
Probably the bright future her parents had in mind for her...
>>
>>60778749
>that space
Good try, beaner.
>>
>>60778747
He is working towards making the US an oligarchy like Russia has. Which is authoritarian and undemocratic. That's what is "unamerican" about Trump.
>>
>>60778801

Paranoid schizophrenia is a treatable condition.
>>
>>60778847

>He is working towards making the US an oligarchy like Russia has

The president has almost no power. You liberals are beyond retarded
>>
>>60778847
Is this what people actually believe? I disagree with a lot of what trump's done so far, but what he's done regarding the US political system has been amazing. He's making it so the ELECTED OFFICIALS have the power again, instead of lobbyists (both local AND foreign), super-long-term senators, senators-turned-lobbyists, state departement, etc. having control over nearly everything. I'm not even a burger, but I kind of wish I was at the moment. If Trump was running canada, we wouldn't be owned by china right now.
>>
>>60778867

How many executive orders has he signed? Less than or more than his 22 golf outtings?
>>
>>60778747
People who don't believe in the rule of law, the bill of rights, the Constitution and the Republic itself are anti-American by definition. People who advocate the use of extra-judicial violence on their fellow Americans for holding different views than themselves are anti-American.

Authoritarians have come to the point of openly advocating for the destruction of the Republic and it's replacement with a literal one-party dictatorship. Nothing could be more anti-American than that.
>>
>>60778847
But US was already an oligarchy
>>
>>60778913

How has he done that?
>>
>>60778934
Are you talking about antifa?

Conservatives are the only true americans
>>
File: 1453761803420-0.png (524KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
1453761803420-0.png
524KB, 600x568px
>>60778923
>sign 36 (so far) executive orders to get a hold of immigration, impose term limits on congress, stop foreign lobbying and do exactly what he was elected to do
versus obama's
>sign 276 executive orders to impose more government controls on industrial and personal issues
>>
>>60778978
>Conservatives are the only true americans

Case in point.
>>
>>60778950
https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_landings/contract/O-TRU-102316-Contractv02.pdf
He's done over half of this already, though mainly through exec. orders because it's kind of hard to get congress to put a leash on itself.
>>
>>60779022
Is it always this easy to bait them?
>>
>>60778720
>implying the problem is in that
Where is your dignity?
>>
>>60778934
Please point out very specific examples of trump wanting a one party dictatorship. He hasn't arrested a single journalist who is against him, he only banned them from private events which is perfectly allowed.
>>
>worked for NSA
>not aware of NSA tactics
yfw
>>
>>60777936
>every single printer leaves tracking data using small dots on every page.
how did anyone not already know this?
>>
File: 1495774102721.jpg (530KB, 1334x694px) Image search: [Google]
1495774102721.jpg
530KB, 1334x694px
>>60780312
>she
>>
>Yes, this code the government forces into our printers is a violation of our 3rd Amendment rights.
>The Third Amendment (Amendment III) to the United States Constitution places restrictions on the quartering of soldiers in private homes without the owner's consent, forbidding the practice in peacetime.
literally what
>>
what did she even leak ffs? the """"news"""" don't even bother explaining anything about what leaks they're talking about
>>
https://theintercept.com/2017/06/05/top-secret-nsa-report-details-russian-hacking-effort-days-before-2016-election/

tl;dr
>muh russian hackers
>muh hacked election
>While the document provides a rare window into the NSA’s understanding of the mechanics of Russian hacking, it does not show the underlying “raw” intelligence on which the analysis is based. A U.S. intelligence officer who declined to be identified cautioned against drawing too big a conclusion from the document because a single analysis is not necessarily definitive.
>>
>>60778745
this
>>
>>60778745
i thought "reality winner" was some stupid fucking company name
>>
>>60778934

I thought you were mad at Trump, not the Democrats.
>>
File: 1465878540471.jpg (16KB, 323x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465878540471.jpg
16KB, 323x480px
>>60780620
>>While the document provides a rare window into the NSA’s understanding of the mechanics of Russian hacking, it does not show the underlying “raw” intelligence on which the analysis is based. A U.S. intelligence officer who declined to be identified cautioned against drawing too big a conclusion from the document because a single analysis is not necessarily definitive.
lol this.
U.S. intel officer says to media, "Hey, guys, we understand you received confidential info through a leak. Redact this info, if you could. Also this is a single analysis, probably lots of kinks and assumptions here, so please use discretion and try not to read too far into this."
Surprise. The Intercept does the exact opposite and reeves up the conjecture.
Pretty interesting information, though.
>>
How the fuck can an NSA employee not know shit like this? It's not even a secret, this is public knowledge.

On the one hand, you want to be like "man, this is public, they probably have way more advanced secret ways to track you". And then on the other hand it's like "they're employees don't even know the tools available to them exist..."
>>
File: 3a5.png (14KB, 604x618px) Image search: [Google]
3a5.png
14KB, 604x618px
>>60778554
>>
>>60777936
The only decent EEVblog in the past 5 years
>>
>>60781368
she was a contractor, and not a clever one at that.
>>
>>60781075
the "blame the russians" narrative has been dodgy from the start. your evidence of the claim that putin "hacked the election" is about as solid as the claim that assad was behind a chemical attack against "muh beautiful babies".
>>
>>60781368
Such are the consequences of Obongo's forced diversity hiring across all government departments. The NSA didn't have a single leak before he became president.
>>
>>60778847
What absolute twaddle. I suppose you think that Slim, Musk, Adelson and Steyer are middle class?
>>
>>60778923
Obongo abused executive orders too
>>
>>60777936
>printing out documents that would get you in trouble
>printing out documents
>printing out things
>having a printer

Come on my G's it's much easier to go into one of those print places and pay basically nothing to get your things printed in a lot better quality than your average home printer; alternatively if you are at work/uni they have printers too.
>>
>>60780588
Apparently some voting machine companies got phishing emails from Russia
>>
>>60778847
You're giving the guy way too much credit. The President is, and has been, a figurehead, since Reagan left office. Trump could barely muster any support from his own party during the elections. How the fuck do you suppose he's going to push all of these agendas you imply, without the support of the Republicans? Oh,wait ...is it because you expect him to use the same tactics Obama used? Or are you admitting Washington is full on corrupt? Have some fucking dignity, man, and resist using (((their))) strategies. Defending either side of the coin at this point, is tainting your character. Don't compromise your morality to defend these honor-less bastards.
The NSA has everything to gain by playing this media game and fueling the hate and discontent it brings.
>>
Wasn't the plot to the Avengers movie leaked earlier than anticipated because the black dude printed a copy of the script?
I remember reading something about that.
>>
>>60778847
kys retard
>>
>>60777942
Fuck you, you stupid fucking moron. Can't you understand how the people who are pushing this stuff are doing so for a reason! And its not to catch terrorists or pedos.
>>
>>60782321
>getting trolled by this obvious bait
every time
>>
>>60781659
Holy shit, I received a phishing e-mail prior to the elections. I'm now worried my vote was changed. This is very troubling. ;^) It's sickening to think people really are so clueless as to believe that this even remotely implies anything.
>>
>>60782441
B-B-BUT RUSSIAN IP'S

/g/
>>
>>60777936
People think I'm crazy because I shred every document I think has any kind of connection to me no matter how insignificant, feels good that I'm not crazy after all.
>>
>>60782538
the dot pattern is all over your shreds dumbass, can't be that hard to piece together
>>
>>60782693
Google and NSA both have algos to piece together shredded documrnts.
>>
>>60782473
honestly russians are always fucking hacking things. blocking IP's from the whole asian region stopped like %80 of the random probing traffic to my server.
>>
>>60782724
>No using a DoD grade shreader
>>
>>60782733
Yeah and I torrent all my media from a Mexican IP big fucking deal
>>
>>60782693
>>60782724
Fuck
>>
>>60782733
You can't access Donald Trump's company page from Poland since forever. No business for him I guess.
>>
>>60782740
>not having a fireplace
>>
File: iw2-287255-1.jpg (41KB, 800x529px) Image search: [Google]
iw2-287255-1.jpg
41KB, 800x529px
>>60777936
>not owning an antique printer
>>
>>60777936
Yeah and my guns spy on me because they have a serial number. Dont dont the crime blah blah blah
>>
>>60777942
I am tired of seeing this fallacy without presenting us with the source code for windows or iFag
>>
>>60777936
>nu/g/ doesn't poison the office spooler day 1
I watched you change
>>
>2017
>printing shit
fucking plebs
>>
>>60777942
NSA Leaker
>Not a pedophile
>Not a terrorist
>Crime letting the US Citizenry know that they are being spied on.
>>
>>60778029
>oy vey, judging a person by their own statements is wrong!

Calling for white genocide isn't okay just because you're (((white))).
>>
>>60782733
On the rare occasion a Russian I.P. showed up in my auth.log, they were nearly always Russian Tor nodes. I've seen more attempts coming from Japan based ISP's (actually one ISP) that turned out to be affiliates of Chinese based companies.Pretty sleazy. That's not to say the Russkies don't have their tendrils out there, but my anectdotal evidence says the chinks are the ones to watch out for. They are known for influencing the global economies by bullshitting their books, why wouldn't they try to influence an election?
>>
The amount of /pol/ degeneracy posting here is extremely funny.
>>
>>60777942

I wasn't going to reply but I saw you got four (you)'s already so I figured I'd give you a fifth to congratulate you for hooking 4 retards with obvious bait.
>>
>>60778029
And the character building begins....

This woman will be praised as a new Snowden... By people who never read the document she leaked or have any comprehension of what it means.

A Russian intelligence agency seemed to have targeted local voter registration related officials with a Trojan. ([email protected] and [email protected] was the email). They then allegedly "spoofed" another company. It is assumed this means they forged the sender address which is more complicated than just forging a letterhead and signature. They sent out word documents out with a Trojan inside. The attack was against one local government.
>>
>>60785043

People are already saying it was an act of war. And the GOP is complicit in allowing any investigation to be halted or delayed.
>>
>>60785043
This is my synopsis of the event. Someone chime in if it's wrong or something important can be added to it.

My personal opinion is that this is very sketchy. I can't believe this woman leaked the summary but not the entire document which may actually explain to the people how the NSA concludes it was the Russians and this was a deliberately targeted attack. If these were serious state-sponsered hackers then how come they set up a 'test account' to send the mail to test? The highly technical Russian intelligent couldn't do this privately? They hadn't tested it on previous accounts and in previous phishing attacks? Does 'spoof' mean they forged the sender address or just spoofed the signature and letter head to seem official? What specifically ties this to the Russians? It's not mentioned in the summary. It should have some justification in the summary. Was it the script they sent out? The IPs used?

Without getting too far into conspiracies, one Russian has alleged that the US government offered him reduced time if he admitted to being involved in hacking the US election and this isn't something that's too difficult to false flag. The DNC and many other higher ups have access to the intelligence community's information on what constitutes code tied to Russian intelligence. How difficult would it be for the largest political group in the United states to false flag this?
>>
>>60785122
is it also an act of war when america does it?
>>
>>60783011
>Implying the NSA can't unfire your documents
>>
>>60777989
hope some nigress in prison makes her her bitch and ends up ripping her apart.
>>
>>60785283
Violent murderers arent put in the same prison with sex offenders aren't put in the same prison as non-violent criminals aren't put in the same prison as leakers
>>
>>60785313
that was true a decade ago. these days, you get mixed in with general population no matter what... unless you're a violent person. terrorists end up in supermax.
>>
>>60785347
Wrong.
>>
Funny how anyone on this thread is talking about the leak...
everyone talking about russians and shit
>>
>>60783011
he hasn't seen Marry Poppins
>>
>>60785362
>russians
WTF have Russians done to the US? US has committed a sepuku on its own .Whites are already a minority in the US and that means the average IQ of the population will be under 95 soon. That's the root cause of US's decline in everything. Whole country's fucked and MUH RUSSIANS has nothing to do whit it.

MUH RUSSIANS is just a diversion tactic. It's easier to blame others for bad shit going on.
>>
>>60785362
Because that is the leak, you moron.

Do you mean talking about how she got caught? Nobody knows but people are alleging the intercept fucked up and gave her identity away.
>>
>>60785393
I don't know man. Americans are retarded. Thanks god I'm not Ameritard.
>>
>>60785043
OH NO! RUSSIA HACKED THE VOTE IN MUSKRAT COUNTY!
>>
>>60777989
kek fucking retarded """white""" amerimongrel whore.
>>
>>60785410
And who cares? The russians have nothing to do with your shitty spy government.
>>
>>60777936
>printing stuff
>>
>>60777936
You fuckers think that's impressive? Basically every digital camera made since ~5 years ago embeds basically invisible digital artifacts that encode the camera (phone/computer) serial, the time, and if it's available (even if it's disabled by the OS) GPS coordinates. Thanks to modern cryptography all you see is "noise" on the image.
Black hat did a couple presentations on steganography. The bottom one actually touches on some of the techniques used on the cameras.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA1s1-MIO-s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQPkRlbVFEs
>>
>>60785256
This. America's interference in the politics of other nations stretches back well before the twentieth century. It's pathetic to make such a stink when you have a list of dozens of such acts. And it is even more pathetic when you are literally capturing all digital communications around the world.
>>
>>60777942
>have you tried not being a pedophile terrorist? it's pretty nice
Daily reminder the government is importing mudslime pedophile terrorists everyday.

Daily reminder that surveillance is about protecting ZOG.

>inb4 lefty's triggered by me describing reality and telling me to go back to /pol/
>>
>>60779022
Point made, but he isn't objectively wrong either - Antifa is against free speech and several other liberties and believe in subverting the institutions and rule of law instrumental to the function of said republic.

So what if you are advocating violence against other americans who hold authoritarian views?
Is the patriot just as bad as the Marxist-Leninist who want's to tear it all down?
>>
>>60777936
NSA leak?

Is there something new out today?
>>
>>60785491
This is why me need a (good) free and open source camera.
>>
>>60781641
>Go to a print place
They just got a radius, a name, and CC info (if you are dumb)
>>
Ok, being honest here I've been getting tracked and I'm sure it is someone in the govt, doing what I used to do for work

I'm not in any trouble since this isn't govt related and have broken no actual laws, unless you count NDA and corporate laws within tech giants
>>
>>60785491

brb making a faraday cage for my digital camera

jk its a d200 too old for that shit
>>
File: 1452655140510.jpg (10KB, 256x184px) Image search: [Google]
1452655140510.jpg
10KB, 256x184px
>>60778847
>t. numale
>>
>>60778913
http://www.truth-out.org/buzzflash/commentary/dow-chemical-pushes-trump-administration-to-scrap-pesticide-study
https://theintercept.com/2017/04/17/happy-tax-day-heres-how-corporations-plan-to-screw-you-over/
https://www.commondreams.org/views/2017/04/15/energy-lobbyists-linked-trumps-offshore-drilling-plans
https://theintercept.com/2017/04/10/drug-price-astroturf/
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2017/03/27/massive-aipac-protest-calls-out-continued-fueling-illegal-occupation
https://www.commondreams.org/views/2017/03/26/kochs-bankroll-move-rewrite-constitution
https://theintercept.com/2017/03/21/revolving-door-military/
https://www.propublica.org/article/filing-taxes-could-be-free-simple-hr-block-intuit-lobbying-against-it
https://thenearlynow.com/the-smokestacks-come-tumbling-down-c03ba1294522

Ahem.
>>
>>60785528
There is nothing patriotic about people who want to murder their fellow citizens for having different political views. People who want to destroy the current form of government and replace it with an authoritarian one party state are not patriots. They are traitors to everything this country was founded on.
>>
>>60785258
FUCK
>>
Help me /g/ I think I'm beginning to not care if Google and the government know where I am

Dont they have technology to track people offline anyway? What's the point of all these countermeasures if they can still find me anyway
>>
>>60778847

>oligarchy

I dont think you know what that word means, nor do I think you have any idea about regimes.

Fuck off undergrad
>>
>>60777936
I thought they had other clues already because of the phone inquiry and whatnot.
Seems to be a major misstep from the Intercept's side to share the original photocopies like that. They should have protected the source much better. Plenty of people leaks similar material every day nowadays and when it comes to the publishing side none has exposed the source other than this one. The lesson here seems to be you should still leak to NYT and WaPo instead of your hippy true left wing news site made by Glen.
>>
>>60785769
Unlike you, I don't expect things to change literally overnight. Trump's faced a lot of friction, especially from libcucks and the lugenpresse, which makes it that much harder for him to actually do anything effective.

We'll see at the end of his first four years whether or not he's done what he's said he'd do, or if he's just continued on the same old political lobbying crap.

From where I'm sitting right now, it looks more like he's playing the political game because he has no other choice, and if that's really the case - then what the fuck would any other candidate be able to do? Hillary sure as fuck wouldn't have changed anything for the better.
>>
>>60778867

The problem is that Congress, with current Republican majorities, is pretty much allowing him to do nearly whatever the fuck he wants.
>>
>>60778022
He's sorta doing the stream thing. Kinda annoyed cause hos videos were already long and sparse, now I have to watch him stream for like 3 hours to get the same amount of content he did in 40 minutes that should really fit in a 20 minute video.

I want to like him again, he's just takes his god-damn time.
>>
>>60785313
yeah i'm sure that's a universal truth that applies in all situations everywhere
>>
>>60777936
Im gonna start selling laserprinters from the early 90's on Ebay and title my sales....SPY FREE PRINTERS.
>>
>>60777777

/thread
>>
>>60786635
Why not just sell personalised messages to people made from cutouts of magazines?

That's what serial killers do and they're the smartest people alive
>>
>>60777942
Fpbp
>>
>>60788785
>>>/pol/
>>
File: file.png (578KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
578KB, 660x440px
>>60779007
t. Donald "I don't want be The executive order President" Trump

>276 over 8 years = 34.5 Per Year
>Trump in first 4 months = 36
>Obama in first 4 months = 20
>Obama in 2009 = 39
>less EO's on average than ANY president before him since Cleveland
>>
>>60783386
i print pics of your mom
>>
Free as in freedom printers when?
>>
>>60785313
I recently got out of FCI Coleman Low and there were plenty of pedophiles in there. Also a guy that hit somebody in the head with a sledgehammer killing him over a drug deal. Yes, everybody is mixed in together.
>>
>current year
>using printers

/thread
>>
>>60777936
>To fix this yellow-dot problem, use a black-and-white printer
>>
>>60785518
The Jews aren't in charge, fuckwit. If they were we wouldn't have any money problems.
>>
>>60790978
they have plenty of money. as for the goyim, they want the goyim to be poor so they can rule over them.
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.