[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that Macs: >have no system-wide package manager

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 20

File: mbp13-gray-select-201610.jpg (42KB, 452x420px) Image search: [Google]
mbp13-gray-select-201610.jpg
42KB, 452x420px
Daily reminder that Macs:

>have no system-wide package manager
The App Store isn't a package manager, it can't even remove apps installed through it (it can post on facebook though, since that's what macs are good for). Macfags then mention brew and macports like this was somehow an alternative to a proper package manager, yet these things can't install, remove or update system software. For example, try and make brew update the kernel or Aqua. And of course they leave out all the links and conflicts that brew has with XCode.
Meanwhile, Linux can install everything through package managers flawlessly, and you can update every single package with a single command. This is impossible on macOS.

>have little to no customizability
Macfags have a tendency to insult anyone who is able to do any sort of customizing, like changing the DE fonts or window colors, simply because they can't. If they could, it would be a good thing.

>require giving out your personal information, like your home address, to install free software
Even if you want something with no price, you need to fill out your billing information.
On Linux you can install whatever you want without giving out any information.

>require complete clusterfucks to do simple actions
For example, toggling hidden file visibility. On macOS you need to run:
$ defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles true
$ killall Finder
Let that sink in: you need to use the terminal and run 2 commands, one of which is osbcure, the other kills the shell process, just to toggle hidden file visibility. And of course you need to run the same clusterfuck just to toggle it again.
On any Gnome/KDE/Unity distro: open the file explorer, click settings, click Show Hidden Files

>Are unable to disable devices at UEFI level
The mac UEFI has no functionality, unlike every other brand on the planet that lets you do things like adjusting CPU frequency or voltage, disabling devices. Again, macfags pretend like having features is a band thing.
>>
daily reminder than i enjoy using my macbook pro, theyre very nice

thanks
>>
>>60777555
Get rekt macfags!!1
>>
nobody cares about this OP

I can update the OS through the OS and if I want a program I go download it off the appstore or the program's website

if I want to uninstall a program i uninstall it

not fucking hard
>>
>>60777650
Yes congratulations, you can sort of do the same things through a convoluted way. I can also use the terminal in Windows through Powershell or Bash, but I don't pretend like this is just as good.

You know you can just install Linux, right? You don't owe Apple anything.
>>
>>60777555
Macports, Fink, Homebrew
You can run any X11 window manager, so you can rice it as much as GNU/Linux
>require giving out your personal information, like your home address, to install free software
You can just skip that.
Use a different file manager. You can use Nautilus/Konqueror
I'll give you that. Apple fucked up when they left OpenFirmware.
>>
>>60777668

How is it convoluted to go to a manufacturer's website to read about their software to decide if you want it, then download it if you want it?

Most people have like 15 programs installed on their machine that didn't come with it, (not including games)

telling them how they can command prompt download a program if they know its name is not saving anyone any time because most people research the programs they are thinking of using anyway by reading reviews then checking out the website of the company that makes the software anyway
>>
>Macfags then mention brew and macports like this was somehow an alternative to a proper package manager, yet these things can't install, remove or update system software.

The question is why would you want to. I guess it's prettier for you to have a terminal telling you that it's doing the same thing you do when you install updates through the app store. Or you have this psychological issue about something not looking up to date enough. You need higher numbers.

>If they could, it would be a good thing.
Do you actually like desktop threads? Be honest.

>Even if you want something with no price, you need to fill out your billing information.

False. You don't need to use billing information to download free shit from the app store. It isn't even a new thing, I made my account in 2014. You can also install a fuckload of software outside the app store, perhaps most of what you need.

>Let that sink in: you need to use the terminal and run 2 commands, one of which is osbcure, the other kills the shell process, just to toggle hidden file visibility.

False. At best it's an obscure command. Cmd+Shift+.
>>
>>60777555
Macs are for people who value their time. Sorry.
>>
I have a macbook pro 2014 and have never once used the app store
>>
>>60777690
>Macports, Fink, Homebrew
Did you conveniently not read the part about how those are inferior and NOT system-wide?
>You can run any X11 window manager, so you can rice it as much as GNU/Linux
No, you can't. Change the title bar color, go ahead.
>You can just skip that.
Proof?
>Use a different file manager. You can use Nautilus/Konqueror
Can you really use Nautilus?

>>60777711
I think you explained just fine how that's convoluted.
>You need to use the browser to download software
Ew.
>>
>>60777555
Yeah, you don't need a package manager on Mac. Drag'n'Drop is way easier.
>>
>>60777740
>I think you explained just fine how that's convoluted.
>>You need to use the browser to download software
>Ew.

Nigger let's say I want to download something to run a virtual machine. First I have to know what my options are. I have to use a browser to do research.

Not everybody has every program ever made memorized along with all its competitors
>>
>>60777718
>Terminal
Breaking news: package managers have graphical interfaces!
>Do you actually like desktop threads?
I like being able to customize my system, I'm terribly sorry you can't.
>False
Proof? Show me how you can download a free app from the App Store without being logged in to your apple account and having filled out the form.
>False
Proof? That shortcut does not toggle hidden file visibility, it toggles ~/Library. You don't even know macOS.
>>
>>60777735
>I have a macbook pro 2014 and have never once used the app store

This, I don't even think i have the app store installed
>>
>>60777740
>Did you conveniently not read the part about how those are inferior and NOT system-wide?
You can literally change a couple symlinks and change XCode for gcc or clang.
>Change the title bar color, go ahead.
I'm talking about running a completely separate WM here.
>Proof?
There's a button in the installer that lets you skip creating an Apple account. Doesn't get simpler than that.
>Can you really use Nautilus?
Yes.
>>
>>60777774
No it isn't.

>>60777775
Then research it with a browser and then use an objectively superior method to install it.

>>60777735
So you've never installed a security update in 3 years? Good for you anon, totally not retarded.
>>
>>60777783
>Proof? Show me how you can download a free app from the App Store without being logged in to your apple account and having filled out the form.
>>60777718
>False. You don't need to use billing information to download free shit from the app store. It isn't even a new thing, I made my account in 2014. You can also install a fuckload of software outside the app store, perhaps most of what you need.

What programs are in the app store and why would I want to use the app store?

I have an apple computer and have used it for years without doing this
>>
>>60777813
>Then research it with a browser and then use an objectively superior method to install it.

That's convoluted, I am already on their website with my browser, I can just click download without opening some other program
>>
>>60777777
>>
>>60777818
This.
I don't even have a icloud account. You aren't forced to create one.
>>
>>60777783
>I like being able to customize my system, I'm terribly sorry you can't.

Why would I even want to customize MacOS? It feels great to use and looks professional...
At least MacOS provides you with the opportunity to feel superior.
>>
>>60777801
>You can literally change a couple symlinks and change XCode for gcc or clang.
And can you update the kernel through it? No? Hmm.
>I'm talking about running a completely separate WM here.
So you need to run a different WM to change simple stuff? Sad.
>There's a button in the installer that lets you skip creating an Apple account. Doesn't get simpler than that.
And if you skip, you can't install stuff from the App Store. I know because I tried that.
>Yes.
Cool, actually. Point made.

>>60777818
Gee Idk, security updates for the OS? Retard.

>>60777837
And that's objectively inferior since you'll need to visit 20 different websites to update 20 different apps while I run a single command.

>>60777864
>Can't do something
>B-but u don't need to
Kek every single time.
>>
>>60777813
>So you've never installed a security update in 3 years? Good for you anon, totally not retarded.

I just click the apple logo and click check for updates
>>
>>60777880
>And that's objectively inferior since you'll need to visit 20 different websites to update 20 different apps
No, the programs (not apps) will tell you when a new update is available within the program and you just click update there, no need to go any where or run any command

I don't think I run "apps" on my Macbook Pro
>>
>>60777882
Take a wild guess at what program is being used to handle that update, moron.
>>
>>60777880
>Gee Idk, security updates for the OS? Retard.
I get updates, I just click the apple logo and click check for updates

takes 2 seconds
>>60777859
>I don't even have a icloud account. You aren't forced to create one.
me either, don't even know what i would do with one
>>
>>60777718
>The question is why would you want to.
To update everything at once?
>>
>>60777902
OH NO THE APP STORE

well I never open the app store and use it to download or install programs, if it manages updates it's transparent to me
>>
>>60777783
>Proof? Show me how you can download a free app from the App Store without being logged in to your apple account and having filled out the form.

Lemme do the same thing you do, and only show you proof that you don't need any payment info. You bullshit me, I bullshit you. Deal?

>Proof? That shortcut does not toggle hidden file visibility, it toggles ~/Library. You don't even know macOS.

Nice googling, but it does toggle hidden file visibility. Next time try it out yourself.
>>
>>60777880
>And that's objectively inferior since you'll need to visit 20 different websites to update 20 different apps

what makes you think this?
>>
File: 1493155105369.png (107KB, 1378x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1493155105369.png
107KB, 1378x1008px
>>60777555
Hello Mr POOJEET!

50 rupees have been deposited into your account. thank you and come again.
>>
>>60777900
Some do, some don't. And then you have 20 different update mechanisms, instead of a single piece of software doing all of this. And you still can't update everything at once. Why is macOS so complicated?

>>60777914
Then you're using the App Store, moron.

>>60777928
>>>60777902 (You)
>OH NO THE APP STORE
Well you said you didn't use it, and you were wrong.
I'm still waiting on proof you can install ANYTHING on it, including OS updates, without giving out billing info.

>>60777938
Where did I mention payment info? You need to fill out billing info.
>Nice googling, but it does toggle hidden file visibility. Next time try it out yourself.
Proof?

>>60777941
>Why is using visiting 20 websites worse than running a single command
Gee, I really don't know.
>>
>>60777880
>your OS doesn't get security updates because it doesn't have a package manager!

Pffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttt
>>
>>60777960
>I'm still waiting on proof you can install ANYTHING on it, including OS updates, without giving out billing info.

I assure you I have never entered billing info into my computer and it still installs updates
>>
>>60777963
Where did I say that?

>>60777969
Oh you lied on the form then, good job. Then why not just use Linux, if you're going to bypass Apple stuff anyway?
>>
>>60777960
>>Why is using visiting 20 websites worse than running a single command
>Gee, I really don't know.

But anon you don't have to visit any websites, for instance if I open virtual box it will say "a new version of virtual box is available, do you want it?" and I just click yes

notice I have not opened by browser or or visited any websites

it is like this will all programs, no visiting websites or inefficiently running commands in terminal needed
>>
>>60777979
>Oh you lied on the form then, good job. Then why not just use Linux, if you're going to bypass Apple stuff anyway?

I didn't lie on shit, what are you even talking about, what form lol
>>
>ITT: A assblasted autist that hates mac because it isn´t muh GANHOO/Cucknux
Come back when your shitty kernel has a proper IPC mechanism.
>>
I don't use the app store and have all the programs I need on my Mac and spend little time if any fucking with it

you are retarded OP
>>
>>60777729
If you can't handle Linux in an appropriate timeframe you have nothing to do in the tech industry, unless you're a some sort of technically illiterate manager.
>>
>>60778014
Come back when your shitty kernel isn't a patchwork of 3 different kernels sticked together with glue. Linux was made from scratch, no BSD code stealing required.

>>60778023
Congratulations, you use a browser to install software, totally not retarded.

>>60777997
Do you have any sort of proof this is possible?

>>60777986
Even if it was like this with all software (it isn't) you still can't update your entire system at once. You have to go app by app, then brew, then macports, then whatever else macfags came up with today to try and reach dnf.
>>
>>60778014
Mac users don't even know what it is.
>>
>>60777837
Don't you get it? Any system without a system-wide package manager is inferior. A package manager keeps track of every single dependency for every single program installed through it. You can script and automate updates. You don't need to check 20+ (or dozens in my case) websites to keep your programs up to date.

It's more secure, more streamlined, and much more efficient. OS X doesn't have a good one.
>>
File: 1494622101673.jpg (352KB, 1200x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1494622101673.jpg
352KB, 1200x1195px
>>60778071
man you are stupid butthurt

you have spent more time typing in this thread and bitching than I have spent keeping my shit updated all year, and yes my shit is up to date

it takes no time, macs are for people who work and value their time

you must spend a shit load of time fucking with your system in general and just think everyone else does too

cry moar
>>
>>60778092
>You don't need to check 20+ (or dozens in my case) websites to keep your programs up to date.

You don't have to do that on a mac either, you are simply wrong.
>>
>>60778092
I have nothing against Apple, they're merely making money out of lazy and technically illiterate people. But I don't like Applefags.
>>
>>60777555
Daily reminder that

>nobody cares
>>
>>60777960
>Some do, some don't.

Every major program made by a professional company checks itself for updates anon
>>
>>60778110
>No counter-points
>No arguments
>"Lol u mad"
Better luck next time!
>>
>>60778110
>you have spent more time typing in this thread and bitching than I have spent keeping my shit updated all year, and yes my shit is up to date
>it takes no time, macs are for people who work and value their time
>you must spend a shit load of time fucking with your system in general and just think everyone else does too

OH GOD THIS
>>
I agree with most of your points but the package manager shit is legit autism. Most Linux users don't even use it since the terminal is more convenient, and who gives a shit about opening another window when you install something.
>>
>>60778117
Even if you use the built-in update mechanism, you still have to go app by app. Keep pretending this is somehow comparable to a proper package manager.
>>
>>60778142
Point is you have so much free time you have spent more time making and typing in this thread than it takes to keep a mac updated for a year
>>
>>60778071
And still has
>sane VT subsystem
>sane IPC
>stable driver API & ABI
>sane graphic stack
Try getting that in your meme kernel.
>>
>>60778161
It's better to type in this thread while a system is updating automatically. May be the people who value their time prefer to do it manually, who knows.
>>
>>60778159
you don't go around your computer program by program updating programs that are not even currently running, you just update it when the program tells you

you keep saying "app" are you talking about phones or something? Do you know what a computer program is?

it literally takes 0 time
>>
>>60778155
...but package managers have CLI interfaces, what are you talking about?

>>60778161
And that's not an argument, you haven't refuted anything I said, you just realized I'm wrong and resorted to name-calling.

>>60778169
You mean the meme kernel used by every single critical system, every single Top 500 supercomputer and the majority of the internet due to its stability?

>>60778180
>you don't go around your computer program by program updating programs that are not even currently running, you just update it when the program tells you
Why should I have to do it like this instead of updating everything in one go?
>it literally takes 0 time
False.
>>
>>60778179
>It's better to type in this thread while a system is updating automatically
Well I use a mac and don't suffer down time for this so I would not know

:^)
>>
>>60778169
Ok, it's all sane, then why Apple had closed Mac OS X Server program. Why does no one use macOS for serious tasks such as heavy computations or in data centers.
>>
>>60778200
>And that's not an argument, you haven't refuted anything I said, you just realized I'm wrong
yes, I did realize you were wrong
>>
>>60778201
If you're going to compare linux vs mac up time, you'll be sore by the end of it.
>>
>>60777555
someone's a little defensive.
>>
>>60778200
>>you don't go around your computer program by program updating programs that are not even currently running, you just update it when the program tells you
>Why should I have to do it like this instead of updating everything in one go?
>>it literally takes 0 time
>False.

nope, I am right

t. been using a mac for years
>>
>>60778210
Haha goddamn typo. Anyway, not an argument, come back when you have something besides insults.

>>60778216
And someone has no counter-points.
>>
>>60778200
>>60778206
>it's good for servers, it must be good for every single user case
I really still don't understand this argument. I don't care if it's good for servers, I don't have a fucking server.
And is like shooting in the feet. You still have issues that are solved in every "inferior" operating system. How the fuck you can be in the Top 500 supercomputers and not write a sane IPC mechanism?
>>
>>60778228
I don't care if you've been using a mac since the Bronze Age, you're wrong. It doesn't take literally 0 time, especially condidering it has to restart the app (Linux doesn't by the way). Either provide proof or shut up.
>>
Wonder why the linux desktop is solely for fanboys who spend all their time configuring their computer if it's so much better than every other OS and requires no time to configure or update?
>>
>>60778252
>I don't care if you've been using a mac since the Bronze Age, you're wrong. It doesn't take literally 0 time, especially condidering it has to restart the app

It takes an unnoticeable amount of time to update the program

does linux only use apps and not programs?
>>
>>60778243
Yes, you don't care because you're not doing critical work. Servers are, that's why kernel quality matters there and that's why I mentioned it. All the machines where stability is relevant use Linux.

>>60778261
>Wonder why the linux desktop is solely for fanboys who spend all their time configuring their computer
But it's not, you don't have to fiddle with anything. This is just some uneducated opinion you read somewhere since you never used it yourself.
>>
>>60778274
Apps, by definition, are programs. Stop hiding behind semantics. You still can't update your entire system in one go, you still have no dependency management, you still have to use a browser to download software.
>>
>>60778243
What do you mean by the "sane IPC mechanism"? Linux has several: UNIX signals, sockets, FIFO.
>>
>>60778277
You typed a whole page long screed in the OP then posted 20 times in this thread about it

seems like you spend a lot of time fucking with or thinking about this to be honest
>>
>>60778277
And so?
My Mac never had a crash in his entire life.
You also turn on your TV with a gun?
>>
>>60778293
>You still can't update your entire system in one go

been using computers for 15 years

never needed to
>>
>>60778261
Linux is for technical professionals in the first place and the fanboys in the second one.
>>
>>60778299
It's not the same as the modern IPC mechanism that other operating system have, lad. Those are too oudated or too inneficient to do the shit that we want to do with modern systems.
You can got kdbus and solve that issue, but, as usually, the mentally ill morons at FOSS didn't make it work.
>>
>>60778321
Linux server is for professionals

Linux desktop is for fanboys
>>
>>60778323
What do you mean by the "sane IPC mechanism" and "the modern IPC mechanism that other operating system have". Elaborate, pls. What's wrong with the current in Linux?
>>
>>60778313
I never said you did. You don't even need to use a laptop. Quality isn't about needing, it's about wanting.
Winfags can also install more software than anyone else, but they have to download it from Google. It's possible, but no one pretends like it's better than using a secure repository.

>>60778307
>My Mac never had a crash in his entire life.
Your Mac doesn't have an uptime of thousands of hours either. Do you think kernel quality is measured by number of crashed?
>You also turn on your TV with a gun?
I don't even want to know what this retarded analogy meant.
>>
>>60778326
I doubt that Linus write programs on Server instead of Desktop.
>>
>>60778350
Linus is the ultimate fanboy

Regular people who use computers for business such as doctors or CEOs or to get non programming work done don't use linux desktops
>>
>>60778381
>>60778321
>>
>>60778347
>Your Mac doesn't have an uptime of thousands of hours either.
>source: me
I had a Mac running for almost 237 days with updates disabled for avoid reboots. It went fine, even considering that they had in that time one of the worst filesystems in the world
>Do you think kernel quality is measured by number of crashed?
Do you think kernel quality is measured by uptime number?
>>
>>60778323
Yeah, sorry it doesn't have "sane" and "modern" shit like DCOM
>>
>>60778381
Yes, and? How is this ad populum a metric of quality?
Most people eat at McDonald's, including more of any high-end job you can imagine, than at anywhere else, does that mean it's the best food in the world?

>>60778397
It's definitely one of the metrics when considering what to use in a critical system. Hmm should we use this open kernel made from the ground up, or this patchwork of 3 kernels stuck together, none of then intended to be used with the other? Decision, decisions.
But in all seriousness, the biggest stability flaw by far is HFS+.
>>
>>60778438
Go away Preston
>>
>>60778169
>graphic stack in the kernel
ewwww
>>
>>60778438
For absolute stability I would use seL4.
But both kernels (the monolithic spaghetti code minix parody and the stitched three kernel in one) can do the job perfectly.
>>
>>60778438

Do you really think apple users are going to convert to running a linux desktop because of the fucking package manager

what is the point of this thread
>>
>>60777555
jesus op is red raw raped by those new apple products or something

was it that new mac pro or something OP?
>>
>>60778561
>Do you really think apple users are going to convert to running a linux desktop because of the fucking package manager
No, I dont.
>what is the point of this thread
Discussing technology.

>>60778577
Not an argument.
>>
>>60778561
Cry, because how dare someone that uses a desktop to not use my top 500 supercomputer operating system.
Probably he has a z890 to browse facebook too.
>>
>>60778585
Not an argument.
>Browse facebook
What a surprise, out of all the things you can do on a computer, this is the one that a macfag picks out of the top of his head.
>>
>>60777555
>The App Store isn't a package manager, it can't even remove apps installed through it (it can post on facebook though, since that's what macs are good for).

You're joking right? I don't believe this. Not even applel is this bad bud.
>>
>>60777555

I enjoy posting on /g/ and /tv/ from my iBook G4. It feels comfy.
>>
>>60778611
This.
>>
>>60778618
comfy, meme, botnet, CIA nigger, Ryzen, Vega
>>
>>60778611
Sorry, I forgot that gentoomen faps to pedo anime in their thinkpads and z890's mainframes.
>>
>>60778614
Not kidding, after you install an all there's a drop down menu next to the Open button. Links to both Twitter and Facebook, no uninstall button.
>>
>>60778651
What about developing software for servers.
>>
File: 1479919096452.png (282KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
1479919096452.png
282KB, 600x568px
>>60778652
>>
>>60778651
>Le neckbeard thinkpad meme xD
Still not an argument.
>>
>>60778659
Doing IT sysadmin cosplay? Yes, gentoomen do that too.
>>
>>60778671
How ironic.
>>
>>60778678
Do you know how does Google or 4chan work under the hood?
>>
>>60777555
I'm so comfy using my 2013 rMBP. First mac. Got windows installed on a partition if needed. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..
>>
>>60778695
Yes. So?
>>
>>60778687
Jesus, dude, it's been like 6 posts and all you've posted in the OP are generic insults and overall butthurt. There's a bunch of arguments in the OP, can you refute any of them? Or are you going to call me a neckbeard for the 1563rd time because that's totally going to make you look cool.
>>
>>60778717
Is there Macs in pipeline?
>>
>>60778752
Of course not. So what?
Macs aren't server grade shit. Even Apple know that and that's why they killed the Xserve.
You still trying to argue that macs are bad because they can't do server shit as Linux does.
That's arguing that scalpels are better that butcher knifes to surgery job. Is true, Macs don't work very well as servers, but it's also irrelevant, since most people that uses a Mac doesn't run a server on them.
>>
>>60777555
>>require complete clusterfucks to do simple actions
>For example, toggling hidden file visibility. On macOS you need to run:
>$ defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles true
>$ killall Finder
>Let that sink in: you need to use the terminal and run 2 commands, one of which is osbcure, the other kills the shell process, just to toggle hidden file visibility. And of course you need to run the same clusterfuck just to toggle it again.
>On any Gnome/KDE/Unity distro: open the file explorer, click settings, click Show Hidden Files

WAAAAH!
I have to type ONE extra line of code that some chick in the coffee shop will probably interpret as some seriously potent genes and I'm gonna get laid cause I'm like a hacker!
>>
>>60778796
Yes, instead of clicking a checkbox like in any sane operating system. But keep pretending like this is fine, maybe if you waggle the UNIX certification a couple of times the issue will go away?
>>
>>60778796
>ONE
Those are 2 lines. You somehow managed to miscount the number 2. Holy shit.
>>
>>60778825
>confunding the simple show hidden files with enabling the view of hidden system files
That's where I understod that OP is full of BS.
>>
>>60778837
Why should those 2 things be separate? Linux works fine with a checkbox, you don't need to use the terminal to change the file explorer like in your hobbyist OS.
>>
>>60777555
Mac-ports or homebrew or any of the other gazilleon ones.

I can run an X server and use Gnome if I want, it's just that Aqua+Coacoa is infinitive better.

Not true, you don't have to create an apple account at all.

It's not very hard when you're used to it, tbqh familia. I mean, it's quite logically structured.

>The mac UEFI has no functionality, unlike every other brand on the planet that lets you do things like adjusting CPU frequency or voltage, disabling devices. Again, macfags pretend like having features is a band thing.
Why would you do this on a tailored laptop?
>>
>>60778865
Ask the psychologists in charge of the UX.
Apple has the politic of not showing the innards of the system for someone that doesn't know what the fuck is doing.
If you can type that in the terminal, you understand what are you doing.
>>
>>60778903
>Mac-ports or homebrew or any of the other gazilleon ones.
Those aren't system-wide. I literally mentioned brew afterwards, did you pretend not to see it?
>I can run an X server and use Gnome
All of that to change title bar colors, holy shit.
>it's just that Aqua+Coacoa is infinitive better.
How?
>Not true, you don't have to create an apple account at all.
To use the App Store? Yes it does, otherwise you can't even get OS updates.
>It's not very hard when you're used to it, tbqh familia. I mean, it's quite logically structured.
How is using the terminal to toggle hidden file visibility "logically structed"?
>Why would you do this on a tailored laptop?
>Can't do something
>W-why would I want that anyway?
>>
https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man8/softwareupdate.8.html

Y'all are fucking stupid if you think you need the app store for updates.
>>
>>60778912
So it's complicated on purpose? What a fucking retarded point.
>>
>>60779010
>typing two commands is complicated in Mac
>but linux is easy, you should type this two commands to do this thing
>>
>>60778990
>Those aren't system-wide
It is system-wide, what the fuck do you mean "not system wide". Do you use some retarded arbitrary definition?

>All of that to change title bar colors, holy shit.
The point is that it's possible to do it. If you are sperging out because you can only choose between black or gray, you have autism to be honest.

>How?
It doesn't randomly segfault, for starters. It doesn't consume 1 GB of RAM as a second point.

>To use the App Store? Yes it does, otherwise you can't even get OS updates.
You don't have to use the App store in order to use your mac, which was your point. You're moving the goal post.

>How is using the terminal to toggle hidden file visibility "logically structed"?
It's the exact same as using sysctl to flick on system knobs on Linux, are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>60779024
It's more work than I should have to do. What in Linux requires the terminal that in macOS doesn't?
>>
>>60779038
>What in Linux requires the terminal that in macOS doesn't?
sysctl, ip utility, etc. You have to do a bunch of magic commands to make systemd spit out a different log level, on Mac you can simply go into preferences and set the log level from a list.
>>
>>60778998
This
>>
>>60779038
>restore the gamma of X
>mount image files
>solve mount issues
>read the log
>asking for root rights
>install applications
>uninstall applications
>change boot options
>manage systemd
>etc.
>>
>>60779036
>It is system-wide, what the fuck do you mean "not system wide". Do you use some retarded arbitrary definition?
I mean it can't update your system. Go ahead and update your kernel through brew, retard.
>The point is that it's possible to do it.
Oh, so you settle for "it's possible"? Yes, it's possible trough a complete clustercuck of a process.
>If you are sperging out because you can only choose between black or gray, you have autism to be honest.
Le epic autism maymay is not an argument.
>It doesn't randomly segfault, for starters.
Neither does Linux.
>It doesn't consume 1 GB of RAM as a second point.
MacOS consumes a lot more RAM than Fedora.
>You don't have to use the App store in order to use your mac, which was your point.
No, it wasn't, show me where I said this.
>You're moving the goal post.
No, I'm not.
>It's the exact same as using sysctl to flick on system knobs on Linux, are you fucking retarded?
But it's not... I don't use the terminal in Linux to toggle hidden file visibility.
>>
>>60779066
Both sysctl and network manager have interfaces.

>>60779096
>>restore the gamma of X
Honesty not sure.
>>mount image files
False, double-click.
>>solve mount issues
False, there's GParted.
>>read the log
Lmao wtf have you heard of text editors?
>>asking for root rights
There's a graphical pop-up on Gnome asking for the password.
>>install applications
Every major package manager has a graphical interface.
>>uninstall applications
See above.
>>change boot options
Grub has an interface.
>>manage systemd
Systemd has an interface.
>>etc.
Go on, because this round was just you displaying ignorance.
>>
>>60779109
>I mean it can't update your system. Go ahead and update your kernel through brew, retard.
You don't need brew to update the kernel. You run the softwareupdate utility.

Or you download the packages using curl and then use pkgutil. Are you fucking new to BSDs or what?

>Oh, so you settle for "it's possible"? Yes, it's possible trough a complete clustercuck of a process.
It's no more of clusterfuck than it is to change DE+display manager on Linux or FreeBSD.

>Neither does Linux.
We are talking Gnome, Gnome isn't Linux you fucking mongoloid.

>MacOS consumes a lot more RAM than Fedora.
We are talking GNOME, not the kernel. Are you legitimately retarded?

Also, no. It actually doesn't. GNOME bloat leads to a default vanilla Fedora installation to eat away a lot of memory.

>No, it wasn't, show me where I said this.
system-wide hurr durr

>No, I'm not.
Yeah, you are.

>But it's not... I don't use the terminal in Linux to toggle hidden file visibility.
You don't need to do that on Mac either, you just go to the system preference you cherry picking failed abortion.

Just kill yourself for being a computer illiterate.
>>
>>60779152
>Both sysctl and network manager have interfaces.
>network manager
That's not the ip utility.

https://linux.die.net/man/8/ip

Which graphical interface exist for sysctl? Name one. Reminder that it should come default installed on ALL desktop environments.
>>
>ITT: macOS is shit because you need to use a terminal to use poweruser features

Yeah, that's the fucking power of NIXes, you fucking idiot.

OP is a faggot.
>>
>>60779153

>You don't need brew to update the kernel. You run the softwareupdate utility.
Right, because it has no systemwide package manager. None. Linux does.
>Or you download the packages using curl and then use pkgutil. Are you fucking new to BSDs or what?
That's not a system-wide package manager.
>It's no more of clusterfuck than it is to change DE+display manager on Linux or FreeBSD.
But I don't need to change DE's to change the title bar color, which was my request.
>We are talking Gnome, Gnome isn't Linux you fucking mongoloid.
Gnome has never segfaulted for me.
>We are talking GNOME, not the kernel. Are you legitimately retarded?
Fedora uses Gnome, anon.
>Also, no. It actually doesn't. GNOME bloat leads to a default vanilla Fedora installation to eat away a lot of memory.
Yes, and it's still way less than Sierra. I use both.
>system-wide hurr durr
So you admit you were wrong? Good.
>Yeah, you are.
Prove it.
>You don't need to do that on Mac either, you just go to the system preference you cherry picking failed abortion.
Ok, show me the preference menu where you can toggle hidden file visibility.
>>
>>60779153
>>60779109
LOL, OP doesn't know the difference between a desktop environment and the kernel.
>>
>>60779167
>Reminder that it should come default installed on ALL desktop environments.
Why?

>>60779179
>Toggling hidden files is le hacker poweruser feature
>>
only queers use mac os and linux, stop arguing about this useless crap
>>
>>60779200
>Right, because it has no systemwide package manager. None. Linux does.
It does, it's called pkgutil. It's the one, you know, App store and the system itself uses to install fucking packages.

>That's not a system-wide package manager.
It FUCKING IS, go kill yourself.

https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/pkgutil.1.html

Die in a fucking fire.

>But I don't need to change DE's to change the title bar color, which was my request.
I can change it without installing a DE too. What's your point?

>Gnome has never segfaulted for me.
You're obviously not using Gnome as your daily driver then.

>Fedora uses Gnome, anon.
You compared macOS to Fedora, you should compare display manager to display manager you illiterate imbecile.

>Yes, and it's still way less than Sierra. I use both.
It literally doesn't, because of macOS' compressed memory feature.

>So you admit you were wrong? Good.
No, I'm pointing out where you said you had to use App store.

>Ok, show me the preference menu where you can toggle hidden file visibility.
You literally just press Cmd+shift+dot in Finder.
>>
>>60779218
>Why?
Because that's the standard you're setting for macOS, you should compare on the same level. If homebrew and macports are invalid because you have to install them manually, then anything any DE has to install manually is also invalid.

>>Toggling hidden files is le hacker poweruser feature
You literally just press a keyboard shortcut, oh my god you're so fucking stupid.
>>
>>60779253
>It does, it's called pkgutil. It's the one, you know, App store and the system itself uses to install fucking packages.
How do I install a program through it from the repositories.
>It FUCKING IS, go kill yourself
No, it isn't. Curl is the one fetching shit from repositories. This isn't a package manager, show me how it would run an update or how it handles dependencies.
>I can change it without installing a DE too. What's your point?
How?
>You're obviously not using Gnome as your daily driver then.
Yes I am. It's your claim that Gnome segfaults regularly, prove it.
>You compared macOS to Fedora, you should compare display manager to display manager you illiterate imbecile.
Yes, and? Fedora doesn't even use X by default.
>It literally doesn't, because of macOS' compressed memory feature.
Ok, prove it please.
>No, I'm pointing out where you said you had to use App store.
But I never said that.
>>Ok, show me the preference menu where you can toggle hidden file visibility.
>You literally just press Cmd+shift+dot in Finder.
And that doesn't toggle hidden file visibility, also that's not a settings menu (them goalposts). That toggles ~/Library.
>>
>>60779270
>>>60779218 (You)
>>Why?
>Because that's the standard you're setting for macOS, you should compare on the same level.
No it isn't. I should compare OS to OS, I don't need every distro and every DE to have a feature.
>If homebrew and macports are invalid because you have to install them manually
That's not my point at all.
>You literally just press a keyboard shortcut, oh my god you're so fucking stupid.
For the 3rd time, that shortcut doesn't toggle hidden file visibility. If it does, just post some proof.
>>
>>60779355
>How do I install a program through it from the repositories.
The "repositories" is the fucking Apple website.

>No, it isn't. Curl is the one fetching shit from repositories. This isn't a package manager, show me how it would run an update or how it handles dependencies.
There's no requirement for a package manager to download packages, it only has to install and remove software and handle dependencies.

>show me how it would run an update or how it handles dependencies.
Read the fucking man page, I fucking just linked it.

>Yes I am. It's your claim that Gnome segfaults regularly, prove it.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gnome+segmentation+fault

>Yes, and? Fedora doesn't even use X by default.
X is not a display manager, retard.

>Ok, prove it please.
You have both Sierra and Fedora, just look at memory usage.

I'm too fucking tired to cater you and spoonfeed you. You're obviously too retarded to even use a mac go kill yourself for not being able to use what even simpleton normies use without any problems.
>>
>>60779355
>That toggles ~/Library.
AND hidden dot files. KYS
>>
>>60779427
>>>60779355 (You)
>>How do I install a program through it from the repositories.
>The "repositories" is the fucking Apple website.
Ok, how does it install a macOS update.
>There's no requirement for a package manager to download packages, it only has to install and remove software and handle dependencies.
Ok lmao it's a package manager that can't contact repsoitories. I'd still love to know how you'd make curl download an OS update.
>Read the fucking man page, I fucking just linked it.
It has no dependency management.
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gnome+segmentation+fault
Uh yes, now post a valid source. No, a Google search page is not a source for your bullshit.
>You have both Sierra and Fedora, just look at memory usage.
It's not my job to prove your claims. So no proof again?
>I'm too fucking tired to cater you and spoonfeed you
Translation: I have no proof of my claims.

>>60779445
Proof?
>>
File: IMG_0096.jpg (63KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0096.jpg
63KB, 640x400px
>>60777555

I'll bite the obvious bait since I have some time to kill.

>The App Store isn't a package manager, it can't even remove apps installed through it

And? Just rm the app in the applications folder.

>Macfags then mention brew and macports like this was somehow an alternative to a proper package manager

They aren't alternatives, they are full package managers

>yet these things can't install, remove or update system software. For example, try and make brew update the kernel or Aqua

Updates can be handled via the softwareupdate command

>Meanwhile, Linux can install everything through package managers flawlessly, and you can update every single package with a single command. This is impossible on macOS.

You can do the same via brew.
"brew update && brew upgrade"

>Macfags have a tendency to insult anyone who is able to do any sort of customizing, like changing the DE fonts or window colors, simply because they can't. If they could, it would be a good thing.

A personal opinion. MacOS can definitely be riced if you felt like it, pic related

Even if you want something with no price, you need to fill out your billing information.
On Linux you can install whatever you want without giving out any information.

Somewhat valid.

For example, toggling hidden file visibility.

It's a slight one time inconvenience yes.

I think that can be done via refined.

Again, these are all slight inconveniences. What's the point of this thread? I use both operating systems, and both have their merits. I'm sure nobody here needs a daily reminder regarding that.
>>
>>60779502
>Ok, how does it install a macOS update.
You download it from the Apple software library, either using a browser or using curl. You either double click the dmg file like a retard, or you use the pkgutil command.

>Ok lmao it's a package manager that can't contact repsoitories.
Well, dpkg can't do that either so I don't really see your point.

>I'd still love to know how you'd make curl download an OS update.
It's just an URL....

>It has no dependency management.
It definitively does. If it doesn't, then explain to me how I'm able to have multiple versions of the command line compiler toolchains installed simultaneously and how I'm able to switch between them using xcode-select ?

>Uh yes, now post a valid source. No, a Google search page is not a source for your bullshit.
Just look at the fucking issue tracker, you mongoloid.

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&content=segmentation%20fault&no_redirect=1&order=Importance&product=&query_format=specific

>It's not my job to prove your claims. So no proof again?
How am I going to prove that? By taking two screenshots, one where dot files doesn't show and one where it does show?

Then you're just going to go into maximum damage control mode and start claiming that I faked it.
>>
>>60779582
>>60779502
And if you're talking about updating the OS itself, softwareupdate handles that. Btw, the same utility handles automatic updates.
>>
>>60777555
objection here.

I run

$ chflags hidden /blabla
>>
>>60779561
>And? Just rm the app in the applications folder.
And that's not a package manager.
>They aren't alternatives, they are full package managers
Not system-wide.
>>yet these things can't install, remove or update system software. For example, try and make brew update the kernel or Aqua
>Updates can be handled via the softwareupdate command
Again, not a package manager. I get it, you can use 30 different utils to kind of get close to a proper package manager.
>You can do the same via brew.
>"brew update && brew upgrade"
Did you pretend not to notice the part where I mentioned "update every single package"? You have no way of updating your entire system through a package manager. It's not possible.
>A personal opinion. MacOS can definitely be riced if you felt like it, pic related
>Again, these are all slight inconveniences.
For you.
>What's the point of this thread? I use both operating systems, and both have their merits. I'm sure nobody here needs a daily reminder regarding that.
We have daily "I don't understand why these successful people use macs" every single day, why are we upset that we have one mentioning how Linux is better?
>>
File: IMG_1690.jpg (93KB, 488x816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1690.jpg
93KB, 488x816px
>>60779502
You seem like you have a lot of friends
>>
>>60779708
>I get it, you can use 30 different utils to kind of get close to a proper package manager.
And you need to use 30 different utils to manage APT too, apt-get apt-cache, aptitude, synaptic, dpkg etc.... RPM has the same issues, with yum and DNF and their respective utils.

>Again, not a package manager
That is a package manager.

>Did you pretend not to notice the part where I mentioned "update every single package"
READ THE FUCKING MANUAL before spouting uninformed bullshit.

>We have daily "I don't understand why these successful people use macs" every single day, why are we upset that we have one mentioning how Linux is better?
Linux doesn't even support signed LKMs, and has no protection against malicious LKMs.
>>
>>60779582
>You download it from the Apple software library, either using a browser or using curl. You either double click the dmg file like a retard, or you use the pkgutil command.
Let's pretend for a moment this is a valid alternative to a centralized package manager like dnf. How do I send the credentials, inside the POST? How do I use this to update my entire system?
>Well, dpkg can't do that either so I don't really see your point.
But apt can, and it uses dpkg automatically. Curl doesn't use pkgutil automatically.
>Just look at the fucking issue tracker, you mongoloid.
You said it segfaulted regularly, this information isn't here.
>How am I going to prove that? By taking two screenshots, one where dot files doesn't show and one where it does show?
By showing me an article by apple saying this, or an entry in the shortcuts menu for toggling visibility.
>>
>>60779777
>>>60779708 (You)
>>I get it, you can use 30 different utils to kind of get close to a proper package manager.
>And you need to use 30 different utils to manage APT too, apt-get apt-cache, aptitude, synaptic, dpkg etc....
No I don't, each distro uses its own.
>RPM has the same issues, with yum and DNF and their respective utils.
No it doesn't, you either use one or the other.
>That is a package manager.
The app store is not a package manager since it can't remove packages.
>READ THE FUCKING MANUAL before spouting uninformed bullshit.
Ok, what part of the manual says brew can update the kernel?
>Linux doesn't even support signed LKMs, and has no protection against malicious LKMs.
Ok, and? It's worse because it doesn't have one thing?
>>
>>60777555
Actually most file managers toggle hidden files with one key press
Ctrl h
>>
File: toggle-hidden-files.png (21KB, 381x204px) Image search: [Google]
toggle-hidden-files.png
21KB, 381x204px
>>60779805
>How do I send the credentials, inside the POST?
Use command line arguments, follow redirects. It's not fucking rocket science.

>How do I use this to update my entire system?
You don't, you use softwareupdate or pkgupdate.

>But apt can, and it uses dpkg automatically. Curl doesn't use pkgutil automatically.
That's not the point. pkgutil is the equivalent of dpkg, not apt-get.

>You said it segfaulted regularly, this information isn't here.
See the complaints. Plenty of people are experiencing periodic segfaults.

>By showing me an article by apple saying this, or an entry in the shortcuts menu for toggling visibility.
See pic.
>>
>>60779843
Not a single counterpoint.
>Type a bunch of terminal commands
You didn't even read the OP, macOS is the one that requires terminal commands for toggling hidden files.
>>
File: package-manager-download.png (98KB, 805x639px) Image search: [Google]
package-manager-download.png
98KB, 805x639px
>>60779858
>No I don't, each distro uses its own.
>No it doesn't, you either use one or the other.
That's not what I said, you fucking moron.

You need to run different command line utils for achieving different things with the same package manager.

>The app store is not a package manager since it can't remove packages.
You don't have to, you run rm and the package manager will detect this automatically.

>Ok, what part of the manual says brew can update the kernel?
We're not talking about fucking brew, we're talking about the builtin package manager.
https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man8/installer.8.html#//apple_ref/doc/man/8/installer
https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man8/softwareupdate.8.html#//apple_ref/doc/man/8/softwareupdate

>Ok, and? It's worse because it doesn't have one thing?
That's a major security issue.

>>60779805
See pic
>>
How much would it cost to try out the apple ecosystem? That is macbook + iPhone. People always talk about how it jus werkz. I wouldn't mind trying it out for a year. What's the best way to try it without breaking the bank? Used apple products?
>>
>>60779887
>You don't, you use softwareupdate or pkgupdate.
This again? Tell me the terminal command to update every app on macOS without using the app store or inserting billing info.
>That's not the point. pkgutil is the equivalent of dpkg, not apt-get.
Yes, and apt-get is a package manager, macOS has nothing even close.
>See the complaints. Plenty of people are experiencing periodic segfaults.
I can find 20 people complaining about anything in macOS. Can you show me this was an actual issue? How long ago was this?
I don't doubt Gnome was some time in the past bad, but should I pull out the droves of complaints when Sierra came out as well? No, because that's irrelevant for today.
>See pic
Cool, how do I open that menu in Finder?
>>
>>60777555
>>have no system-wide package manager
True, but pkgin and Homebrew are good for everthing but shit in the App Store, which I only use for system updates. Hell, the Mac OS X version I'm using right now doesn't even have an app store.
It's much more customizable than you're implying but yeah, it's not as customizable as Linux or BSD with a DE/WM
Nope.
>>require complete clusterfucks to do simple actions
It could be better but isn't that bad. If this is so hard just write a script that does it for you.
Yeah, the EFI was a huge step down from Open Firmware.
>>
File: 1490742083625.jpg (299KB, 996x954px) Image search: [Google]
1490742083625.jpg
299KB, 996x954px
>>60779983
Go to starbucks, pull down pants, bend over.
>>
>>60779991
>This again? Tell me the terminal command to update every app on macOS without using the app store or inserting billing info.
SEE >>60779969
YOU LITERALLY RUN
softwareupdate --install --all

NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP AND KILL YOURSELF

>Yes, and apt-get is a package manager, macOS has nothing even close.
See above and kill yourself.

>Cool, how do I open that menu in Finder?
Tie a noose around your neck while holding down Alt and kill yourself.
>>
>>60780007
Just found out about this,
# softwareupdate -ia
works as well. Neat, now I never have to open the App Store.
>>
>>60779969
>>>60779858 (You)
>>No I don't, each distro uses its own.
>>No it doesn't, you either use one or the other.
>That's not what I said, you fucking moron.
>You need to run different command line utils for achieving different things with the same package manager.
How so? Explain. I'm using fedora, what are the different command line utils I need to use besides dnf?
>You don't have to, you run rm and the package manager will detect this automatically.
And, again, this is not a package manager. How much longer are you going to dance around this?
>We're not talking about fucking brew, we're talking about the builtin package manager.
The part you replied to was about brew. Try to keep up.
>That's a major security issue.
How?

>>60780007
Wow chill, this is a good point. So this can detect what apps I have installed, compare to a remote repository list and update them? I mean it still can't delete, but sure.
And just tell me how to open that menu.
>>
>>60779983
I'm very happy with my MBP, but my iPhone 6s is not so great to be honest. I mean, as of this date, the only thing neat is that I get to move Apple applications between the two (for example iMessage or the calendar), but it's still not mature enough to do more advanced stuff. I hate Safari, and iOS doesn't really let you use another browser as default browser, so you end up opening Chrome or whatever manually all the time.

macOS, on the other hand is super sweet. I'd recommend just using MBP first if you're thinking about going to Apple.
>>
We have a linazi
>>
File: 1489155403264.jpg (2MB, 1800x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1489155403264.jpg
2MB, 1800x4500px
>>60780070
>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have <70% aRGB
>gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
https://9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

http://www.howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?
>>
>>60777555
homebrew among others

lol? just wrong

never had to give any information, no address or billing information, but keep misinforming people

too scared of using the command line? stay on windows then
>>
>>60780066
>So this can detect what apps I have installed, compare to a remote repository list and update them?
Yes

> I mean it still can't delete, but sure.
Use rm you fucking moron.

>How so? Explain. I'm using fedora, what are the different command line utils I need to use besides dnf?
dnf + subcommand

And any low-level util for rpm mangling

>And, again, this is not a package manager. How much longer are you going to dance around this?
It.
Fucking.
Is.

SEE THE FUCKING SCREENSHOT YOU FUCKING CUNT.

>The part you replied to was about brew. Try to keep up.
I'm not talking about brew, kill yourself.

>How?
No verification at all. LKM might as well spy on you and read the entire kernel space memory.
>>
>>60780096
>posting over ten year old issues
>>
>>60780066
>And just tell me how to open that menu
Hold down one or two modifier keys while clicking.... I'm not going to spoonfeed you which, you're a big boy, you can figure this out.
>>
File: 1399156649436.jpg (199KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1399156649436.jpg
199KB, 2560x1600px
>>60777555

As much as I hate Apple and their cuck-tier products, that's just bullshit.

Cmd + Shift + . toggles the visibility of hidden files.
>>
>>60780070
I'm kind of in the market for a new laptop. My x230 is fine except for the battery life. All I use it for during the summer months is watching animu in bed. A better screen would be a significant upgrade. During the other months I use it for note taking and programming in the library. MacOS could do this I suppose. Just not worth spending over $1000 for it. What's a good year for used macs right now? 2013? Also can you expand the ram manually? What about the storage? My one plus one is totally solid and I don't plan to upgrade from that for a while at least until it breaks. I don't think I could stand using an iPhone unless I jailbroke it.
>>
>>60780118
>Use rm you fucking moron.
That won't turn pkgutil into a package manager. But cool, you found a hotfix.
>dnf + subcommand
You said different command line utils, that's the same util.
>And any low-level util for rpm mangling
Like what? What can't dnf do?
>It.
>Fucking.
>Is.
>SEE THE FUCKING SCREENSHOT YOU FUCKING CUNT.
It isn't. A package manager needs to be able to delete packages. This doesn't do it, so it's not a package manager. Maybe if you mention rm one more time you'll be right, anon!
>I'm not talking about brew, kill yourself.
Then why did you reply to me when I was?
>No verification at all. LKM might as well spy on you and read the entire kernel space memory.
How would this happen?

>>60780157
While clicking where? It's your claim, prove it.

>>60780217
I've asked 3 or 4 people for proof of this, will you be The One?
>>
>>60780227
>What's a good year for used macs right now?
I have a mid-2014, which I like very much.

>Also can you expand the ram manually?
Yes, but the easiest way is probably to get one with 16 GB already.

>What about the storage?
Not sure, but again, the easiest is probably to get one with 1 TB SSD already.

>I don't think I could stand using an iPhone unless I jailbroke it.
That's about correct, I really don't like it. I do like the possibility to manually fine tune the privacy settings though (but newer Androids has this now), this was something that was lacking in older Android OSes. But apart from that, I don't really like it. The camera is pretty nice though.
>>
>>60780273
>2014
>upgradeable memory
No, the last MBPs to have socketed RAM were the 2012 non-Retina MacBook Pros.
>>
I heard somebody say you can replace the wm/de/file manager. Please, I beseech you, explain to me how to get thunar, and if possible xfce or otherwise e.g. i3. I have to use amac for work and I loathe it.
>>
>>60780242
>But cool, you found a hotfix.
It's not a hotfix. Apple's package management system is integrated with app store and with the cli utils.

Kill yourself faggot.

>Like what? What can't dnf do?
You can't use it to build an rpm package, for example.

>It isn't. A package manager needs to be able to delete packages. This doesn't do it, so it's not a package manager. Maybe if you mention rm one more time you'll be right, anon!
You don't understand how pkgs work. It's not like Linux, where files are just stored everywhere because a package is like a cheap hooker with an STD.

macOS has a concept of virtual paths, meaning that every application and library is contained, and running rm removes the entire thing, including configuration and dependencies.

>Then why did you reply to me when I was?
You were talking about package managers in general.

>How would this happen?
It happens all the time.

>While clicking where? It's your claim, prove it.
Inside your fucking folder in fucking finder, how blatantly retarded are you? It's right there in the fucking screenshot.
>>
>>60780109
I've replied to "homebrew" about 6 times now. I even mentioned it right after the part you quoted, but you pretended not to see it.
>>
>>60780326
There's two ways of doing it, you can either install X11 for Mac and run a display manager within a hosted X window, or you can modify Darwin core and make it run XDM and Xfce manually, but this will essentially make you unable to use any Apple GUI program at all.
>>
>>60780332
You are making an arbitrary distinction, between what you consider a package manager and A REAL package manager.

This is a logical fallacy called a true scotsman argument.
>>
>>60780370
Doesn't this mean that like 90% of mac applications will still be running on Aqua? That's not "replacing the wm". Well fuck, I guess.
>>
>>60780327
>It's not a hotfix. Apple's package management system is integrated with app store and with the cli utils.
Lol ok so you pick curl, rm and whatever else and call this clusterfuck a package manager? Are you kidding me?
>Kill yourself faggot.
No.
>You can't use it to build an rpm package, for example.
That's not required of a package manager.
>You don't understand how pkgs work. It's not like Linux, where files are just stored everywhere because a package is like a cheap hooker with an STD.
Not an argument.
>macOS has a concept of virtual paths, meaning that every application and library is contained, and running rm removes the entire thing, including configuration and dependencies.
What does this have to do with my question? It can't remove packages, I don't give 2 shits about your philosophical bullshit that you pulled out of your ass.
>You were talking about package managers in general.
No I wasn't, the part you quoted was specifically about brew. I'm sorry you got confused.
>It happens all the time.
How?
>Inside your fucking folder in fucking finder, how blatantly retarded are you? It's right there in the fucking screenshot.
Can you post a source? It never showed up for me. Are you sure it's not a Finder plugin?

>>60780380
No, I'm not. A package manager has to be able to install, delete and update packages.
>>
>>60780428
If it's an OS X application, it needs Quartz Compositor. You can't run those applications in X11. You either run two WMs or just run X and lose your ability to run graphical OS X applications.
>>
>>60780448
*two display servers
>>
>>60780429
>No, I'm not. A package manager has to be able to install, delete and update packages.
And brew, finks, macports and the builtin one are all able to do this.

>Lol ok so you pick curl, rm and whatever else and call this clusterfuck a package manager? Are you kidding me?
No, you use softwareupdate if you're installing from the repos, but if you need finegrained and/or specific versions, you can manually download them.

But yes, this is essentially a package manager. This is literally how any ports system work, it's all just a glorified shell script that downloads and unpacks and installs it for you.

>That's not required of a package manager.
You're fucking retarded.

>Not an argument.
It absolutely is.

>What does this have to do with my question? It can't remove packages, I don't give 2 shits about your philosophical bullshit that you pulled out of your ass.
IT REMOVES THE PACKAGE. You run rm on the installed path and it's all gone.

What the fuck do you think happens when you run dnf remove?

It goes through a list in the database and runs rm on every single file.

What happens when you run rm -rf on an application installed in /Application or ~/Application? It goes through a list of files and removes them. Same fucking thing.

dnf is just a glorified shell script for doing the exact same thing.

>No I wasn't, the part you quoted was specifically about brew. I'm sorry you got confused.
Fuck you, it wasn't specifically about brew because you were quoting me and you're obviously an illiterate imbecile. So fuck you.

>How?
Go ask the shitty trannie """"programmers""" and SJWs femnazis in charge of Gnome, will you?

>Can you post a source? It never showed up for me. Are you sure it's not a Finder plugin?
JUST PRESS THE FUCKING BUTTONS YOU IMBECILE.

OR PRESS FUCKING COMMAND + SHIFT + DOT

You are so stupid it hurts. Do the world a favour and throw yourself off a bridge.
>>
>>60777555
>>have no system-wide package manager

what is brew? also a app store is much better for ordinary programs. for cli tools, again brew.

>>have little to no customizability

a consistent experience > your customization

>>require giving out your personal information, like your home address, to install free software

nothing to hide, nothing to worry about.

>

exaggerated edge case. today on my mint 17 laptop my wifi card stopped recieveing wifi signal. i tried to reconnect using the UI but it was broken, I had to use an service restart command from the internet. what use is there for that ui if its

>>>Are unable to disable devices at UEFI level

it just werks.
>>
>what use is there for that ui if its

* broken

missed that one word
>>
By OPs own definition, Ubuntu doesn't have a system-wide package manager.

Ubuntu uses snappy for core services and components, and these are handled outside the control of APT. This means that you can't use APT to remove system packages, and you can't use snappy to remove user packages.
>>
>>60780448
Right, and the quartz compositor is locked to the default mac wm? If so, then fuck apple, because again that means 90% of useful applications can't use a sane wm.
>>
>>60780534
>what is brew?
Not a system-wide package manager, as I explained right after the part you quoted and which you pretended not to see.
>also a app store is much better for ordinary programs.
Not a package manager.
>a consistent experience > your customization
Opinion.
>nothing to hide, nothing to worry about.
Nothing to show either. Why do I need to give out my home address to install a text editor?
>exaggerated edge case
And a truthful one.

>>60780516
>And brew, finks, macports and the builtin one are all able to do this.
And these are not system-wide package managers, as I've explained about 7 times now. Let me know when you need me to say it again!
>No, you use softwareupdate if you're installing from the repos
Not a package manager. Are you going to say rm? Please say rm.
>But yes, this is essentially a package manager.
Lmao "essentially".
>It absolutely is.
No, it isn't. Arguments have entailment, that didn't.
>IT REMOVES THE PACKAGE. You run rm on the installed path and it's all gone.
Good grief, you're dumb.
That's not a package manager. There is no util in macOS capable of updating
>dnf is just a glorified shell script for doing the exact same thing.
dnf isn't even written in shellscript.
>Go ask the shitty trannie """"programmers""" and SJWs femnazis in charge of Gnome, will you?
But it's your claim, not theirs.

But seriously, let's wrap this up because I'm sick of telling you the same shit over and over. To conclude:
>brew, macports, etc are indeed package managers, but they can't update your system like dnf, apt-get, pacman do
>pkgutil, pkgupdate can update your system and install apps, but they can't delete it, so they're not package managers
>no, saying "just use rm" doesn't magically turn it into a package manager. I'm not saying it's bad, hell it's better than what Windows has, but it's NOT a system-wide package manager like Linux has.
>>
>>60780645
It's not that you can't not use Quartz, it's that OS X applications don't function with X11.
>If so, then fuck apple
Yeah, they should totally have made it a standard that all applications must support two display servers.
>>
>>60777555
you are so butthurt at mac users that you literally typed that long ass post, lmao.

mess.
>>
>>60780645
I think you are confusing display manager with window manager, anon.

Option one) You run quartz. You run whatever you want inside quartz. Mac applications still work.

Option two) You replace the Mac display manager entirely. This gives you full control, but you can no longer run regular programs that use the default Mac GUI.
>>
>>60780668
>zero counter-points
>>
>>60780659
>And these are not system-wide package managers,
See >>60780558

Kill yourself. You're a flaming faggot, relying on cherry picking, no true scotsman arguments and on arbitrary distinctions.

>Not a package manager. Are you going to say rm? Please say rm.
Look at the manual page, it literally says package manager. Kill yourself.

>Lmao "essentially".
Kill yourself.

>No, it isn't. Arguments have entailment, that didn't.
Kill yourself.

>That's not a package manager. There is no util in macOS capable of updating
It is, softwareupdate <path to installed package>

Read the fucking manual page.

Kill yourself.

>dnf isn't even written in shellscript.
No, it's written in python. Still makes it a script.

Kill yourself.

>But it's your claim, not theirs.
It does segfault, but IDC what you believe. Kill yourself.

>pkgutil, pkgupdate can update your system and install apps, but they can't delete it, so they're not package managers
It handles dependencies, and you can remove it safely while removing every related configuration file. How is it not a package?

>I'm not saying it's bad, hell it's better than what Windows has, but it's NOT a system-wide package manager like Linux has.
Kill yourself.

You obviously fail to understand that macOS pkg system and related utils is the exact same thing as FreeBSD has. Kill yourself.
>>
>>60780673
>You run quartz. You run whatever you want inside quartz. Mac applications still work.
Right, but can those mac applications work in e.g. i3?
>>60780661
> Yeah, they should totally have made it a standard that all applications must support two display servers.
Are there really no alternative window managers for the mac display server? If so, then yes, fuck apple, because
>hey let's make our own display server for our native applications
>hey let's """""design"""" a window manager for our display server that's fucking ugly and gimmicky
>fantastic, now everyone is forced to use our POS if they want to use mac software!

And people say macs are good for developers/professionals.
>>
>>60780771
>Right, but can those mac applications work in e.g. i3?
Ah, I see what you mean. No, they won't. They will be handled by the "outer" DM, aka Aqua.
>>
>>60780771
>Are there really no alternative window managers for the mac display server?
There's a few that extend the functionality of Quartz Compositor, OSXmonad, for example. Other than that, no, Quartz is both the display server and WM, if an application requires one, it requires the other.
>And people say macs are good for developers/professionals.
They are. Good for autists? Now that's a different story.
>>
>>60780558
>>60780736
Apt-get can most certainly update the entire system, even if the underlining used to do it changes. Stop spreading misinformation, please.
>You obviously fail to understand that macOS pkg system
And you fail to understand what a package manager is, since you keep insisting curl+rm+pkglgbt somehow is one.
>>
>>60780816
>le autism maymay xD
Amazing argument dude.
>>
>>60780866
A package manager allows you to install and remove software packages, and handle dependencies, right? Ideally, it should also allow you to handle multiple versions of the same software installed, right?

macOS packages do all this.

You can list all packages installed, you can install multiple versions of the same package, you can cherrypick install location, you can remove them trivially.

How is this not package management?
>>
>>60780884
Well it's true.
>>
>>60780884
A vast majority of developers use whatever default Windows uses. i3 is not something a lot of programmers use.
>>
>>60780903
*install, update and remove
>>
>>60780903
What's the macOS package manager that can do all those things?

>>60780919
You're right, I don't even know why you guys brought it up. I mean sure, if you replace the entire WM and display server and whatever else, and in the process lose the ability to use any macOS graphical app, sure you get the ability to customize it, but is this really a solution?
Let's say I said that Ubuntu can run Windows software natively, all you have to do is replace the kernel with NT, the libs with DLL's, use NTFS, etc, would this be a fair solution? I mean I'm technically correct, I made Ubuntu run .exe's natively, but Is this thing I created even called Ubuntu at this point?
I don't know if you're familiar with the Ship of Theseus, but this would be a good example.
>>
>>60777880
>And can you update the kernel through it? No? Hmm.
I don't need to update the kernel every fucking hour to satisfy myself
>And if you skip, you can't install stuff from the App Store. I know because I tried that.
Everyone knows the app store is shit, there's nothing special on it.
>>
>>60777555
>new Macs come out
>new thread about how Macs are the worst fucking thing ever
>"hurr muh Gnome/KDE/Unity. Do they understand that people want freedom? lel enjoy your locked down system, macfags XD"
>>
>>60780985
>What's the macOS package manager that can do all those things?
You use
installer
for installing packages and metapackages, specifying package and install location. Metapackages are capable of automatically downloading packages.

You use
softwareupdate
for updating installed software (from packages), or scheduling automatic updates etc. You can also use this to download only, or install already downloaded or both.

You use
pkgutil
for querying and manipulating packages, such as extracting specific versions or listing what files it is going to install etc.

In order to remove a package, you simply list the install location of a specific package (using the package ID), or you search through a list of installed packages. Once you find the root directory, you remove it. You can optionally make the package manager just forget about the package, but retain the files, allowing you to handle the software outside the package management system.

App Store uses the builtin package management system.

The irony here is that RPM5, a fork of RPM, actually uses the same Xar format as macOS packages.
>>
>>60781102
>what's the package manager that can do those things?
>you use 3 different things + rm
Ok anon thanks. Hey Windows has a package manager too, it's Internet Explorer + MSI.

>>60781056
>I don't need to update the kernel every fucking hour to satisfy myself
That doesn't answer my question, even if you wanted you couldn't.

>>60781091
I said none of those things.
>>
>>60781197
>>you use 3 different things + rm
This is not any different than running dnf and a subcommand.

Anyway, this should be familiar for anyone using gentoo or arch or FreeBSD, seeing how they use the same utilities.

>Ok anon thanks. Hey Windows has a package manager too, it's Internet Explorer + MSI.
Does MSI allow you to register software for automatic updates? If yes, then it is a package manager.
>>
>>60781197
I may have exaggerated a little, but it's the same thread every fucking year. Some neckbearded loser with absolutely no life nor job comes here and makes some long post about how terrible Apple is. No one really cares.

t. Computer and NetSec major.
>>
>>60781197
>using anything but the remove utility to remove anything
REEEEEEEEEE normies get out

Adhere to the UNIX philosophy or get out
>>
>>60781238
>This is not any different than running dnf and a subcommand.
Lol what? It's a different piece of software, while a dnf subcommand is still dnf.
You're just getting desperate now.

>Does MSI allow you to register software for automatic updates? If yes, then it is a package manager.
No, I don't think so. Does pkgutil let you remove packages? If yes, then it's a package manager.

>>60781243
I have a life and a job, and no beard. I didn't say Apple was terrible, I made a thread showing the things where Linux is better than macOS.
We had 2 threads yesterday about how macOS was better than Windows, why was that ok but this isn't?
>No one really cares.
45 people apparently do.
>t. Computer and NetSec major.
Was this supposed to be impressive? t. CS major, Master's in Algorithmia and Distributed Systems.

>>60781291
The UNIX philosophy says "do one thing and do it right". Linux has one thing to manage packages, not 3 or 4 different utils.
>>
>apple/mac/ios thread
>CTRL+F "kill yourself"
>20 hits
stay true /g/
>>
I normally judge how well products are based on how much /g/ hates them. The more /g/ hate, the better the product will perform.

This has held true for nearly everything /g/ likes to shit on.

t. 150k worth of Apple Stock, purchased right as /g/ shat all over the iPad.
>>
>>60781311
>Lol what? It's a different piece of software, while a dnf subcommand is still dnf.
dnf invokes a subscript aka a different piece of software, for example
dnf-install

Please source where you need to run a single script in order to do everything.

>The UNIX philosophy says "do one thing and do it right". Linux has one thing to manage packages, not 3 or 4 different utils.
apt-get, apt-cache, aptitude, synaptic, dpkg

These are all separate pieces of software.
>>
>>60781311
>dnf
>literally a front-end to rpm
>hurr durr dnf does everything

Confirmed for not knowing how rpm works.
>>
>>60781352
There could be a golden opportunity like there have been in the tech community and /g/ would tell everyone otherwise not to do it.
>>
>>60781311
>we had two threads yesterday
>I made two rant threads yesterday
FTFY
>>
>>60777555
>Meanwhile, Linux can install everything through package managers flawlessly
Install me RVM via a package manager.

Like, I hate Macs and I use GNU for work, but your arguments suck ass and you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>60781408
What doesn't it do that a package manager should do?

>>60781373
>dnf invokes a subscript aka a different piece of software
Ok, so what? That's reasonable, it doesn't have to be a monolith.
>apt-get, apt-cache, aptitude, synaptic, dpkg
dpkg really is a backend program invoked by the others, but fair point on apt-get, apt-cache and synaptic. That's one of the reasons why I prefer Fedora. Still, apt-get by itself can install, update and remove packages, so it's a package manager. So is dnf.
>Please source where you need to run a single script in order to do everything.
Have you noticed that "package manager" is singular, not plural? Even if it invokes other software in the background, it's still one entry point, not however many macOS has.

>>60781526
So, I made 2 pro-apple threads yesterday and one anti-apple today? Yeah, flawless reasoning there.

>>60781352
I never said I hated macs, and you didn't counter any of my points.
>>
>>60781605
Holy shit, so it's somehow my fault that Rubytards never packaged RVM? There isn't anything in dnf or apt-get stopping them, they just didn't care to do it.
This has to be in the Top 3 stupid arguments in this thread.
>>
>>60781615
I don't have time to focus on what the fuck you do on /g/
>>
>>60781645
>"Linux can install everything"
>Asked to install something he can't
>"Holy shit, so it's somehow my fault that..."
Huh.

Alright, install me Cassandra then.
>>
>>60777777
>>
>>60777555
>>have little to no customizability
>Macfags have a tendency to insult anyone
i didn't realize we were dealing with a delicate little snowflake
>>
>>60781699
Alright, send me a link to the package.
You're not asking me to use a package manager to install something that isn't a package, are you? That would be really stupid.
>>
>>60781740
>"Meanwhile, Linux can install everything through package managers flawlessly"
>"everything"
>"through package managers"
>"flawlessly"
>"everything"
>asked to install something that isn't a package
>"You're not asking me to use a package manager to install something that isn't a package, are you?"
I don't know, anon, am I? You have suggested you can do it with a package manager "flawlessly".
>>
>>60781800
My bad, I didn't think someone would be stupid enough to try and use a package manager to install things that aren't packages. Let me rephrase it into a tard-safe version:
>Meanwhile, Linux distros with package managers can any install any corresponding package
There, hope your heart rate is back to normal now.
>>
>>60781800
>waaaah why can't I sudo dnf install crysis
>>
File: IMG_1416.jpg (348KB, 1200x1256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1416.jpg
348KB, 1200x1256px
>>60777555
Hello Archfag.
>>
>>60781842
>Let me go back on my words while trying to save face
So, how exactly is it better than, say, homebrew or even the appstore? It's not macfaggots fault the devs didn't bother to release it there - your words.
>>60781857
>I have no slightest idea what he's talking about, but lemme be retarded like I always am!
Whatever floats your boat, friend.
>>
>>60781925
triggered.
>>
>>60781934
>Let me go back on my words while trying to save face
I'm not going back: package managers manage packages. I thought this was obvious. All you did was find a bunch of software where the devs never bothered to package it and whine that it can't be installed through a package manager. You're just being petty to make a point.
>So, how exactly is it better than, say, homebrew or even the appstore?
dnf is a system-wide package manager, brew isn't a system-wide package manager and the App Store isn't a package manager at all. I've explained this ad nauseum, if you have any doubts just read the 50 posts outlining the difference.
>>
>>60781996
>I'm not going back
But you do, anon. The whole point you have stupidly attempted to make in the OP is that "you can install everything with a single manager - as opposed to searching the stuff in different places! Even the system stuff!" - well, you failed to make this point, because you'll have a plenty of "going to other places" as soon as you start using your OS for something other than browsing pornography.
And your attempts to personally insult me in every single your reply to me only shows that you now are fully aware of how baseless and stupid your initial claim was.
>App Store isn't a package manager at all
Meanwhile, it supposedly does everything a package manager does including system updates - judging by your own words.
>All you did was find a bunch of software where the devs never bothered
Aren't you precious?
Not only I simply listed some of the stuff I'm using for work - you're talking about something that's universally known by anyone who isn't a complete moron. Cassandra is developed by Apache, RVM is one of the most (if not the most) popular solutions for working with Ruby. Both are cross-platform and open-source. Yet, both (like loads of software) aren't packaged - must be lazy devs, am I right?
>read the 50 posts outlining the difference.
>"And can you update the kernel through it? No? Hmm."
Alright, anon - nice arguments there.

So, returning to the topic I've started from - you are spilling bullshit and you have absolutely no idea what are you talking about. I'll leave you with that - don't bother replying, darling.
>>
>>60781925
>not using multiple operating systems installed on different devices for different tasks
lol fag
>>
>>60777555
>>60777740
>>60777783
>>60777801
>>60777960
>>60778071
>>60779380
>>60779502
>>60780242
>muh proof?
>MUH PROOF?
>PROOF?
don't be a shit
>>
OP is clearly retarded and grasping for straws by using arbitrary distinctions that no one else uses. macOS clearly has a package manager, App Store, which you can use command line utils to manage. You can even create and manage packages from third-parties.

Not to mention that brew and mac ports and finks and a bunch of others clearly are package managers too.

OP, please stop trying to backpedal and engage in damage control. You've been proven wrong on literally all points except "hurt sure I can't change colour" and it's fucking embarrassing by now.
>>
>>60781615
>Have you noticed that "package manager" is singular, not plural?
It obviously refers to the system itself, not an individual util. Fedora is rpm based, not dnf and yum based. Debian and Ubuntu uses debs, not apt or dpkg.

You are making arbitrary and ridiculous definitions and moving the goalpost as you go along. It is beyond any doubt that macs own package and archive system fully constitutes a package management system, with App Store as the graphical front end and the mentioned utils as the CLI front ends .
>>
>>60782534
>well, you failed to make this point, because you'll have a plenty of "going to other places"
This is a good point, and it's more of a Windows problem. Both in macOS and in most distros a package can be installed if it exists. This doesn't counter anything I've said though. I obviously don't fault macOS just because there does not exist a Witcher 3 .dmg, because it isn't Apple's job to package it. In the same way I don't blame Canonical for there not existing a Cassandra .deb.
>Meanwhile, it supposedly does everything a package manager does including system updates - judging by your own words.
It does not remove packages. Did you conveniently skip the +10 posts where I mentioned that?
>Yet, both (like loads of software) aren't packaged - must be lazy devs, am I right?
Uh yes, unless you have an alternative theory? Should Red Hat be packaging Apache stuff?
>Alright, anon - nice arguments there.
Actually I explained very clearly why the App Store isn't a package manager, but good job pretending not to see it. Also, care to provide a counter-point? Brew can't be used to update the kernel, correct? Therefore it's not a system-wide package manager.
>So, returning to the topic I've started from - you are spilling bullshit and you have absolutely no idea what are you talking about.
How so? I've provided more than enough explanations on why dnf is a system-wide package manager and both brew and the App Store aren't, you just chose not to read them because you know you have absolutely no retort.
>I'll leave you with that - don't bother replying, darling.
Oh you're running away, ok. Bye.

>>60782639
Lmao no proof.

>>60782651
>macOS clearly has a package manager, App Store
Does not delete packages.
>brew and mac ports and finks
Not system-wide package managers.
>You've been proven wrong on literally all points
Weird how you can't provide a single system-wide package manager then.
>>
>>60777650
>I can update the OS through the OS
That's a GNU/Linux wide feature.
>>
>>60782708
>It obviously refers to the system itself
What the fuck? So the package manager for macOS is... macOS? Congratulations, a new level of stupidity!
>You are making arbitrary and ridiculous definitions
How is it arbitrary? Brew cannot change system packages, therefore it isn't a system-wide package manager.
>and moving the goalpost as you go along.
I'm going to quote the OP:
Now show me exactly where I moved the goalposts on this, please.
>>
>>60782751
>It does not remove packages
It does. You can press uninstall (or reinstall) from App Store, it's a huge button in the top right corner. Yes, there is a fucking button. Alternatively, you can drag the application to the trash which does the same thing. Or simply run rm.

The point is, dependencies are handled differently through virtual paths, because applications from App Store run inside BSD jails. This is why you can simply rm the entire root directory.
>>
>>60782751
Also, dmg are disk images (which may or may not contain packages). Packages are .pkg and .mpkg.
>>
>>60782788
>What the fuck? So the package manager for macOS is... macOS
That's not what I said. "System" refers to the PMS you flaming mogoloid.

Also, brew CAN change system wide packages. It's just that you generally don't want that unless you know what the fuck you are doing and disable SIP. But there are plenty of examples of people using brew and fucking up their system.
>>
OP is either trolling at this point or showing examples of extreme dunning-Krueger because it's obvious he doesn't know what a package management system is.
>>
>>60782807
>You can press uninstall
Screenshot of of this please?
And even if it can (and then by all means it's a package manager) I still can't add repositories. And then you'll tell me to use brew for that, which is a valid point, but then I'm using 2 utils instead of 1.

>>60782865
>"System" refers to the PMS you flaming mogoloid.
But I didn't say Package Management System, I said System-wide Package Manager. You seem confused.
>Also, brew CAN change system wide packages.
Can brew update the kernel?

>>60782898
Not an argument.
>>
>>60782928
>But I didn't say Package Management System, I said System-wide Package Manager.
What the hell are you talking about now? Now you're just saying a bunch of random stuff in order to throw everyone off your flawed trail of thought.

>Can brew update the kernel?
Arbitrarily moving the goal post as we go along, I see. Well done, you are a complete tool
>>
>>60782928
>Screenshot of of this please?
Jesus Christ just google it or use your own mac. Fuck you lazy faggot.

And as for adding repos, you can install any metapackage that links to other meta packages, and cherry pick individual packages. This is a "repo" in macOS world.
>>
File: IMG_0324.png (135KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0324.png
135KB, 750x1334px
>>60782928
This is from the documentation. I'm posting from my phone. You click the giant X in the top right corner. Will post screenshot when I get home just to embarrass you entirely
>>
>>60782958
>What the hell are you talking about now?
The exact same thing I have been saying since the beginning of the thread.
>Arbitrarily moving the goal post as we go along, I see.
Uh no. You said it can change system files. Then it should be able to change the kernel, no?

>>60782989
>Jesus Christ just google it or use your own mac. Fuck you lazy faggot.
This is your claim, you prove it. I never found that button and Google didn't show up anything.
>And as for adding repos, you can install any metapackage that links to other meta packages, and cherry pick individual packages. This is a "repo" in macOS world.
Oh this is cool. I'll check it out, thanks.

>>60783027
>"It can be uninstalled from the App Store!"
>posts tutorial on how to uninstall it using Launchpad
Who did you want to embarass again?
>>
>>60783027
>Will post screenshot when I get home just to embarrass you entirely

Jesus Christ, you sound like such a fucking loser.
>>
>>60783085
>gets home
>throws coat on couch
>"how was school swee-"
>"NOT NOW MOM"
>runs up to his room, slams door
>boots up his MBP, mumbling "I'm gonna wreck that faggot"
>his dad knocks on the door, then comes in, sighing
>"Is everything ok son?"
>"I'm fine, just leave me alone! I need to take screenshots of the App Store to prove this guy on the internet that he's wrong"
>"Ok son."
His parents cry together in the kitchen afterwards.
>>
>>60783122
>I'm totally not op you guys
Lol, op is entering maximum damage containment mode right now
>>
File: 1494025683661.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494025683661.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>60783143
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>60783143
What? I am OP. But this isn't my post: >>60783085
You seem really confused.
>>
>>60783122
>>60783085

lol dude, you've spent this entire thread autisticly changing your definition in order to be whiny little cunt.
>>
>>60783178
Where? Show me.
>>
>>60783168
>You seem confused
More than 40 hits itt. You should probably find a better comeback
>>
>>60783217
>literally 2 hits
And you should probably learn how to count.
>>
>>60777555
>no system-wide package manager
Who cares? Neither does Windows.

>little to no customizability
I went through a ricing period when I was in my teens. Now I've got better things to do than set up gaudy looking themes. Hell, on my win 7 and 10 machines I don't even change the default background. I don't give a fuck about what the desktop looks like because I hardly ever see it. The only reason I have different backgrounds on my Mac is because I dumped a bunch of 4k papers and use the auto rotate feature.

>requires personal information for free software
You do know that the App Store isn't the only way to install stuff, right? You can just fucking download and run programs from wherever you want like Windows.

>simple action clusterfuck
Sure, you have a point there.

>UEFI
Sure.
>>
>>60783204
>a system wide package manager must obviously be able to change system packages
But it can
>but it must be possible from the commandline
It is
>...I obviously mean update automatically
But it can
>it must be able to access a repository
It is
>even third party repositories
It is
>...well but it must also be ran with exactly one (1) single command for everything otherwise it's a hack

You've spent the entire thread redefining your autistic definition
>>
>>60783275
>But it can
Alright, name the system-wide package manager for macOS that can do all those things.
>but it must be possible from the commandline
>...I obviously mean update automatically
>it must be able to access a repository
>even third party repositories
Literally never said it needed any of this. I mentioned how it would be better if it did these things, but I certainly never said that it wasn't a package manager if it didn't do them.

>well but it must also be ran with exactly one (1) single command for everything otherwise it's a hack
Uh no, otherwise it's not a package manager... Let's just skip ahead, you're going to say pkgutil right? Can pkgutil remove packages? No, you can run rm yourself, but pkgutil can't remove the app. So for example, if I rm a leaf package, the unnecessary dependencies aren't removed by it, like they would in an actual package manager where dependencies are checked upon removal.

I never changed the definition, you were simply never able to meet it.
>>
>>60777555
>This is why applel sucks and why I use error infested linux distros XD
>>
>>60783363
>Alright, name the system-wide package manager for macOS that can do all those things.
App Store.
>>
>>60783383
Cannot remove packages. I thought after reading it 30 times you would have finally understood it :/
>>
>>60783363
>So for example, if I rm a leaf package the unnecessary dependencies aren't removed by it, like they would in an actual package manager where dependencies are checked upon removal.
Except that's wrong because dependencies with virtual path refcount = 0 are autocleaned on every scheduled update.

So yeah, you are correct if you rm the package and you actively turn off autoupdate. But if you do that, you are deliberately doing it.
>>
>>60783418
Ok that's a pretty bad way to do it (having to wait for an autoupdate to run and all), but better than I expected.
Who knows maybe one day they'll have a proper PM. One can hope.
>>
>>60783442
>proper
You're redefining it again....
>>
>>60783442
>having to wait for an autoupdate to run and all
apt literally has the same problem, which is why you sometimes have to do autoclean and autoremove. apt doesn't automagically remove dependencies, after automatic updates change them.
>>
>>60777555

>no package manager

Who the fuck cares? You install and uninstall software by dragging and dropping it into the Applications folder. It's so easy that you don't really need a package manager.

Nobody gives a shit about your uber-1337 rice.

>requires personal information for apps

Only for the App Store. Which is generally worthless. I literally forget it's there most of the time.

>complete clusterfucks to do simple actions

Why toggle visibility of hidden files? For that matter, if you're going to dip into the command line, why don't you just use the command line to deal with the hidden files.

>unable to tweak at UEFI level

Don't need it. Never used it, even when I had it. Odds are, if you care about minmaxing the performance of your parts, you probably don't use a Mac anyway.
>>
>>60783454
No, I'm not, stop playing the victim. A package manager that handles dependencies upon removal is better than one that has to wait for an autoupdate, but that's not part of the definition of a package manager.

>>60783469
Yeah, apt kind of sucks. I prefer dnf.

>>60783483
When did I ever said I wanted to use the command line?
>>
File: averageshitposter.jpg (117KB, 932x614px) Image search: [Google]
averageshitposter.jpg
117KB, 932x614px
ITT: gnufag/lugnutter trying to justify his inability to be significantly productive in life by arguing he can perform mundane/trivial tasks slightly more efficiently
>>
>>60783525
>he can perform mundane/trivial tasks slightly more efficiently
How is this a bad thing?
>>
>>60783512
>hurr durr dnf is superior
dnf doesn't automatically remove leafs either, you fucking retard

http://dnf.readthedocs.io/en/latest/command_ref.html#autoremove-command-label

You are obviously baiting hard.
>>
>>60783542
Yes it does. I can prove it by installing a package, it will pull in the dependencies, when I remove it the dependencies are removed.
For example: gvim which pulls in vim.
>u r le bait xD
Sure.
>>
>>60783565
The documentation says otherwise, everyone can read it. Explain the purpose of dnf clean and dnf autoremove if leafs are automatically removed.
>>
>>60783442
>Who knows maybe one day they'll have a proper PM
If you drag it to the trash, macOS will figure out dependencies immediately. It has to wait when you use rm because it's basically a low-level interface for the unlink syscall.
>>
>>60782573
>not using a server with multiple VM´s
Dude, pls
>>
>>60783591
Well autoremove removes user-installed unneeded dependencies, and you can mark packages as user-installed, so maybe it's so you can do that and the next time you run autoremove it removes that as well in case it's unneeded. This is conjecture, but the vim/gvim example was something I tried before and I know it removes it. But hey, since I'm throwing clay at the wall and see what sticks, I'll gladly admit you were right on this.

dnf clean removes metadata, not packages. Repository package lists and stuff like that.

I'm going to bed.
>>
I will archive this thread.
This level of damage control from OP part is funny.
And I learned a lot how Mac Package manager works.
Thanks, lads. I'll trigger lots of autists with this info
>>
>>60783710
Almost 300 replies later, not a single system-wide package manager.
>>
>>60783723
g8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
>>
>>60777555
Daily reminder that you can't seem to accept that your Lincucks chinkpad can't compete with something as amazing as a MacBook
>>
>Tl:dr Mac OS is more useful, has more support for real world work, is more stable, looks better than Wangblows or Lincucks, and runs on superior hardware with reliability and resale value, and works with the best ecosystem in the industry, and is the best choice for people who aren't cringey neckbearded gaymer fags.

Nice thread OP. I hope your asshole isn't too sore.
>>
>>60784245
>but muh hfs+ the worst filesystem ever
Lel, that problem is solved already.
>>
>>60784245
>>60784260
>not a single counterpoint to the OP
Loved the "is more stable" part especially, just in case someone was taking you seriously up until then.
>>
>>60784260
? I didn't say anything about the file system.
>>
>>60784288
>he thinks lincucks or Wangblows is more stable than Mac OS.

Lol someone needs to work on their coping skills.
>>
>>60784288
The entire thread is a fucking fugue against OP.
>>
>>60784288
Holy shit OP is still here.

FFS this thread raped you, you lost, give up already.
>>
>>60784317
Yes macOS is so stable, that's why it's used worldwide in critical systems with huge uptimes, right? Oh wait nvm, it's literally all Linux.
>>
>>60784300
I know, but always someone brings HFS+ to this discussion.
>>
>>60784342
Uh yes, becasue it fucking sucks.
>b-but APFS
Doesn't work with Fusion Drives.

>>60784335
>literally not a single system-wide package manager
>LMAO U GOT REKT U LOST
>>
>>60777555
>>60777555
>>60777555
>>60777555
nice, let's simply write a package manager that has acces to a pirate server hosting binaries from Apple, making it possible to jump between system components across various versions and have more freedom than before.
>>
File: [email protected] (177KB, 986x405px) Image search: [Google]
flavours_2_lite@1x.png
177KB, 986x405px
>>60777555
> The App Store isn't a package manager, it can't even remove apps installed through it (it can post on facebook though, since that's what macs are good for).
Wow ebin; it cant remove packages because they're simple .apps and can be removed with rm -R.
>Macfags then mention brew and macports like this was somehow an alternative to a proper package manager, yet these things can't install, remove or update system software. For example, try and make brew update the kernel or Aqua.
App store for kernel/aqua; brew for other stuff. brew is so good lincucks even port it to their os
>Meanwhile, Linux can install everything through package managers flawlessly, and you can update every single package with a single command. This is impossible on macOS.
Far from everything.
>Macfags have a tendency to insult anyone who is able to do any sort of customizing, like changing the DE fonts or window colors, simply because they can't. If they could, it would be a good thing.
But you can do both? Most of us prefer not do to it because we are of age.

>Even if you want something with no price, you need to fill out your billing information.
>On Linux you can install whatever you want without giving out any information.
Same on OS X? wget and make require none of that too.

> For example, toggling hidden file visibility.
2 commands vs 3 clicks. I don't like file managers anyway.

>The mac UEFI has no functionality, unlike every other brand on the planet that lets you do things like adjusting CPU frequency or voltage, disabling devices. Again, macfags pretend like having features is a band thing.
OP, having bloat is a bad thing.
>>
>>60784342
Oh okay now I see what you mean.
>>
>>60784363
>literally not a single system-wide package manager

Are you fucking kidding me? This entire thread proves otherwise.

>brave captain OP going down with his ship, hanging on till the bitter end.
>>
>>60784363
>Doesn't work with Fusion Drives.
Because is still a fucking beta. High Sierra is the final release of APFS. It should work from now.
>>
>>60784474
>Just wait, you'll see!
>>
>>60784489
g8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
>>
>>60784363
>SSHDs
>>
File: digculj1n10z.png (4MB, 1794x1196px) Image search: [Google]
digculj1n10z.png
4MB, 1794x1196px
>ITT useless Lulnix fags who think they matter

It's pretty simple. Lulnix doesn't have mainstream application support, such as ones from Adobe or Avid.

Now kys OP and eat a big fat dick and keep using your "rare" Lulnix distro instead of going outside and talking to girls.
>>
>>60784336
>yeah, the butcher knife is so good to cut meat, that's why it's used worldwide in surgeries that require great precision, right? Oh wait nvm, it's literally all scalpel.
>>
>>60784425
>Wow ebin; it cant remove packages because they're simple .apps and can be removed with rm -R.
So it can't remove because it's too easy to remove? Ok
>2 commands vs 3 clicks.
2 clicks, actually, and even 3 are more intuitive than opening the terminal to configure a file manager. But you can use either option with Linux.
>App store for kernel/aqua
Not a package manager.
>brew for other stuff
Not system-wide.
>But you can do both?
Show me how.
>Same on OS X? wget and make require none of that too.
Lmao are seriously suggesting wget and make as a modern way to install software?
>OP, having bloat is a bad thing.
So it's ok for macOS to include an office suite, but if a UEFI includes a way to disable devices, it's bloat? Ok.

>>60784528
>this analogy will totally show him!
Show me a single system requiring huge stability using macOS.
>>
Except i have the most stable and supported unix operating system, and any techie with half a brain can turn on those features. Yeah I wish apple would just be cool, but it's still the best unix around
>>
>>60784555
My audio processing rig. It uses mac os and it should be power on weeks.
Also, these guys
https://www.macstadium.com
>>
The one major point I've taken from this thread is that neckbeards have fallen in to some sort of institutionalized inbreeding. They thought their way of doing things is the only way and that everything else is shit because "hurr no gaymes" or "hurr muh home built gaymer rig" as well as the feeling that Apple hardware doesn't fit their "lifestyle" of being the edgy "hacker" who is totally better than all those normie kids at school. Nothing is allowed to be good looking, nothing is allowed to be mainstream, everything must seem like it some sort of obscure hacker bullshit "I use GNU/Lincucks.......you've probably never heard of it lol." All of these feelings combine into one mindset which refuses to admit they might be wrong. Who cares about actually learning about Macs and other Apple products? I've decided they're for "gayfags and hipsters lololo." So once they have been presented with facts which disprove their bizarre beliefs, they suffer a complete meltdown as their world begins to crumble.
>>
>ITT: OP doing infinite damage control
>>
>>60784581
>t. Chadwick McGuinness
>>
>>60784581
Lmao imagine being so mad you have to make up all of that.
Literally none of that has been said in this thread. Take your meds ddue.
>>
This just in! I found actual footage of OP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVrQdz_x9hs
>>
>>60784616
>>t. Chadwick McGuinness

Literally who?
>>
>>60784656
>guys he is le fat neckbeard xDD
9gag-tier level of humor.
>>
>>60784628
>can't think of a comeback
>Oh I know! I'll use the pills meme
>>
>>60784697
What comeback did you expect at a strawman? What was I even supposed to say at that? What was your solid argument that I had to refute? Nothing you said corresponds in the slightest bit to the OP, it's entirely in your head. You're arguing with yourself.
>>
>>60784687
We both know there are tears behind your fake smile, anon. Did that video hit a little too close to home? How long has it been since you've been outside? Are your man tits getting heavy?
>>
>>60784722
>m-maybe if I call him fat again
I'm sorry you couldn't come up with a counterpoint anon.
>>
Why I think that OP is the awesome tripfag that was getting assblasted because of Ryzen?
>>
>>60784719
I was merely commenting on the thought process of the typical /g/ neckbeard anon. It seems they have shoved their heads in the sand and refuse to learn anything about products or types of technology they feel are too popular or don't fit their "lifestyle" as I said before. The main draw of /g/ and Linux is the "cool factor" of being invovled with something most people wouldn't know about. Anything outside of Ganooo/Lincucks is "taboo" to them.
>>
>>60784555
>So it can't remove because it's too easy to remove? Ok
Yeah you can't remove because it'd be useless bloat!
>Not a package manager.
It's a package manager.
>Not system-wide.
System-wide. Can install anywhere.
>Show me how.
Fonts: change the default font file
Colors: Flavours
>Lmao are seriously suggesting wget and make as a modern way to install software?
Wget and make is modern and timeless. Furthermore you can just get archived/images of .apps from websites and using homebrew. none require inputting any data.
>So it's ok for macOS to include an office suite, but if a UEFI includes a way to disable devices, it's bloat? Ok.
Exactly! Devices can be not-used softwarely, it'll accomplish the same thing. also it does not include the office suite by default. (except maybe troff)
>Show me a single system requiring huge stability using macOS.
http://photos.imgix.com/racking-mac-pros
>>
>>60784740
Hopefully mommy will call you downstairs to eat your tendies in a few minutes. That should distract you from having another episode. We know you hate having to go to your Psychiatrist.
>>
>>60784773
>I was just blah blah things that I imagined
Ok, sure.

>>60784781
>Yeah you can't remove because it'd be useless bloat!
How? It's just adding a button... it literally has a facebook button and a twitter button, and those are ok, but an Uninstall button is bloat?
>It's a package manager.
No, it isn't. It can't remove packages.
>System-wide. Can install anywhere.
Ok, show me how to update system packages with brew. The kernel, the compositor, take your pick.
>Wget and make is modern and timeless.
Whatever. Linux has much more modern systems than this.
>also it does not include the office suite by default.
Pages comes installed by default, as well as Numbers. Not bloat, right?
>Devices can be not-used softwarely
Not at EFI level.
>http://photos.imgix.com/racking-mac-pros
""huge"" stability, but fair point m8.
>>
>>60784656
This is fucking spot on. I knew a guy back in college who was fucking obsessed with Linux. Every time someone said they used Windows or OSX he would snort or chuckle. He also believed Bill Gates was injecting kids in Africa with some type of tracking system or same shit instead of medicine. He would also make up a bunch of shit about Linux. Every time you asked him about Loonix, it always seemed to gain some sort of new power or feature that he couldn't prove. Looked almost exactly like this character in the video and was autistic as fuck. Kek
>>
>>60784865
>imagined.

Seriously, where the fuck do you think you are? The memes making fun of your typical Wangblows gaymer or Loonix neckbeard are funny because they're actually fucking true.
>>
>>60784740
o i am laffin
>>
>>60784865
>How? It's just adding a button... it literally has a facebook button and a twitter button, and those are ok, but an Uninstall button is bloat?
It's just adding a completely useless button! I can type rm, i can't type twitter in my shell.
>No, it isn't. It can't remove packages.
So? Just the fact of installing them is enough to count it as such.
>Ok, show me how to update system packages with brew. The kernel, the compositor, take your pick.
System packages: sh, clang, coreutils, etc are all easily upgradeable. If hypothetically one would make a tap with KDE for example it would be easy to upgrade its compositor as well.
>Whatever. Linux has much more modern systems than this.
>implying
>Pages comes installed by default, as well as Numbers. Not bloat, right?
They do not come pre installed in os x. they come bundled with most macs, there is a difference.
>Not at EFI level.
who cares about that
>>
>>60784971
>It's just adding a completely useless button! I can type rm,
But again, twitter and facebook buttons are totally necessary, right?
>i can't type twitter in my shell.
You can use a browser. Also twitter has nothing to do with a package manager, uninstalling does.
>System packages: sh, clang, coreutils, etc are all easily upgradeable. If hypothetically one would make a tap with KDE for example it would be easy to upgrade its compositor as well.
So it can't.
>So? Just the fact of installing them is enough to count it as such.
Lmao this just in: wget is a package manager.
>They do not come pre installed in os x. they come bundled with most macs, there is a difference.
Ok, show me how a vanilla installation of macOS will not include Pages and Numbers.
>who cares about that
People who actually want to disable a device, as in "the OS can't even see it".
>>
>>60785033
>But again, twitter and facebook buttons are totally necessary, right?
They are.
>You can use a browser. Also twitter has nothing to do with a package manager, uninstalling does.
What if i want to share how I installed a program?
>So it can't.
So it can.
>Lmao this just in: wget is a package manager.
It basically is.
Is homebrew cask a package manager? It's basically just wget, unzip, diskutil(for mounting) and mv.
>Ok, show me how a vanilla installation of macOS will not include Pages and Numbers.
A plain installation from app store does not include those.
>People who actually want to disable a device, as in "the OS can't even see it".
If you're that autistic you should be running your own os with every line of code audited.
>>
Just finished reading the thread.....I really hope OP isn't about to an hero or something. he got fucking wrecked
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.