[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GoPro alternatives? Or is GoPro really worth the money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (4MB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4MB, 2500x2500px
GoPro alternatives? Or is GoPro really worth the money?
>>
If you want that type of camera just get a GoPro.

There have a million accessories, a good reputation, and have proven themselves to work for their intended purpose.
>>
>>60776844
I haven't owned one myself but everything I recorded with one (hero 3 I think), looked beautiful. So depends on what you want. If you want to shoot videos and have control about how the picture looks, get a dslr, if you want to point and shoot or actually do actionvideos, a GoPro is a good fit. Don't know about alternatives though sadly
>>
>>60776844
Xiaomi Yi
>>
GoPros are for normies
>>
>>60778244
checked

>>
>>60776844
Depends on which GoPro, I owned all of them until HERO4 Black (currently have HERO3 Black, HERO Session, HERO4 Black) , I am waiting for the HERO5 to arrive here. I tried a few alternatives from friends (specifcally: AEE camera, Xiaomi Yi 1, Contour, some chinapro that I can't name) but GoPro will always be my buy. You get true 4K 30FPS (non-interlaced) with ProTune (non-trash professional image correction feature that also bumps your bit rate). The UI is stellar, the support for it is pretty good. You have mounts and accessories for EVERYTHING, you can buy them at any electronics store, the community is good, the quality from the photos and videos is top notch. They do not have an open source API but fortunately I made one: http://github.com/konradit/goprowifihack (that's my only grip, the lack of open source SW, plus their GoPro studio editor isn't compatible with Linux, but check out my guides: http://git.io/goprolinux | http://github.com/konradit/gopro-linux

You could say I'm a GoPro fanatic (shill)
>>
File: sony-hdr-as-50-schwarz_73997_3.jpg (52KB, 720x642px) Image search: [Google]
sony-hdr-as-50-schwarz_73997_3.jpg
52KB, 720x642px
>>60776844
I got myself a Sony HDR-AS50. It's like 200$ and already comes with a waterproof case (up to 60m). I use it mainly to record my scuba dives. It's pretty good for the price, imo. There are adaptors to make it compatible with a lot of GoPro mounts, however the shape of the cam is very different to a GoPro.

Pic related.
>>
>>60776844
Xiaomi yi, has way better stabilisation than all gopros other than hero 5
>>
>>60781381
And cheaper. I am going to get a Yi 4K+
>>
Depends what you wanna get out of it. I use an SJ4000 for commuting which is fine, might be chink shit but its good chink shit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.