[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not well known but good programming languages?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: ProgramPepe.jpg (9KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
ProgramPepe.jpg
9KB, 212x238px
I love C++, going to learn Python, but I want to learn some obscure one just for the fun of it.
>>
>>60767492
brainfuck

++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.>.
>>
If you are gonna learn programs you are never gonna use in industry for your own improvement, then the list is:
-Haskell
-ANSI Common Lisp
-Ada
>>
If a programming language is good, it is already well known.
Don't get all fucking excited because you graduated Freshman CS.
>>
>>60767492
>I want to learn some obscure one just for the fun of it.
For real fun, make your own, instead of learning someone else's.
>>
>>60767492
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATS_(programming_language)
ATS has support for combining theorem proving with practical programming through the use of advanced type systems.
has demonstrated that the performance of ATS is comparable to that of the C and C++ programming languages.[2] By using theorem proving and strict type checking, the compiler can detect and prove that its implemented functions are not susceptible to bugs
by verifying pointer arithmetic and reference counting before the program compiles.
>>
>>60767492
Any of the functional languages.SML, Ocaml, Haskell are the most prominent here.
There are some more advanced ones like ATS, Liquid Haskell, F*. They use some more advanced type theoretic stuff, if you like that.
Eff is a functional languages that has algebraic effects as a datatype which does things that are similar to monads in haskell but in a somewhat nicer way.
Myrddin is a language somewhat similar to Rust. It's still in development, so this might be worth a try if you want to check out a language that's still actively worked on and changed a lot.
Io is a really nice scripting language that's not widely known, but I think Pixar uses it for some animation related work.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.