[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dont you feel bad about pirating? I mean as a programmer its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: o-MOVIE-PIRACY-facebook.jpg (208KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
o-MOVIE-PIRACY-facebook.jpg
208KB, 1536x1024px
Dont you feel bad about pirating?
I mean as a programmer its one of the worst insults you could do.
>>
>program usually costs 1000+ dollars
>Torrent it and laugh all the way to my savings account.
>>
>>60755443
Selling copies does not apply well to programming. Deal with it and move on to:
support fees
feature request fees
>>
>>60755443
when i get only 0.000001% of the revenue for one single payment meanwhile the company makes the rest of the money i don´t see why i should feel bad about it it´s not like they are starving desu
>>
>>60755443
The programmers are supposed to be PAID before the program goes to sale.

The same is true of actors & crew in movie productions. THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PAID IN ADVANCE. If they are not, it is not the fault of the "pirate" for "pirating" a movie that literally could not pay for itself.
>>
>>60755443
FLOSS doesn't hijack users for money
>>
I don't use any software that costs money, except for sublime text which I have two licenses for paid by employers.

I don't feel bad about pirating tv and movies, I was never going to pay for them anyway.
>>
I actually feel really bad about everything I bought instead of pirating.
I now see these fucking companies using all the money I gave them to buy governments all around the world, write fucked up laws against myself and do countless other shit that always benefits only themselves, and no one else on the planet.

I really wish I could go back in time and pirate everything I've ever bought from all those companies.

Nowadays I just gladly donate (both time and money) to free software projects because I know that won't screw me over in the future.

By the way, sharing is caring.
>>
>>60755443
>Don't you feel bad about cooking by a recipe?
>I mean as a chef its one of the worst insults you could do.
>>
>>60756238
>I actually feel really bad about everything I bought instead of pirating
This desu
>>
>>60755631
Yeah but if the software/movie sells bad the studio goes out of business and programmers lose their jobs.
>>
>>60755443
not realy, no
if i made propriatary software i'd rather have someone pirating it than not using it at all/using a compeating software
>>
>>60755443
To be honest?
Mostly no.
Any developer who won't provide a valid trial version with full func. for alt least 30 days won't get a penny from me
>>
>>60756331
>Yeah but if the software/movie sells bad the studio goes out of business and programmers lose their jobs.

No, then the software/movie obviously sucked and wasn't worth investing in.
>>
>>60755443
The worst insult is programers writing proprietary software. And i dont run non FOSS software so im more of a victim than a perpetrator in that area. Regarding artistic content, i support the people that deserve to be supported.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.