[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tablet vs Laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

Besides longer battery life, and lack of usb ports, is there anything I should keep in mind when deciding to buy a tablet or a laptop? I'm leaning to buy a tablet, but I wanna know if I should go for the laptop.
Planning on using it mainly for reading and writing down.
>>
>>60749691
If reading and writing is your usecase, you'll get better battery life and usability out of the tablet. Apple pen in particular is fucking awesome. Get a keyboard case and you're most of the way there.

If you want to do literally anything else, get a laptop.
>>
>>60749691
A laptop is a content creation device. A tablet is a content consumption device. Decide what you're going to use it for.

A laptop will always be far more versatile, especially if you're using it for school like it sounds. A lot of students fall for the meme that they can basically do all the same things in a tablet for class that they can do in a laptop for a whole lot less money, but you have to go through a lot of cognitive dissonance in setting up things that work similarly. Personally, I like having all my textbooks [strike]pirated[/strike] on a cheap tablet as its a little more natural to read from. Even if you get a Bluetooth keyboard you have to get used to the very unergonomic process of reaching for the screen every time you need to so much as shift the cursor back or change a format setting.

If you think you'll be writing or taking notes more, a laptop will be far more efficient. If you're doing more reading, consider just having a paper notepad to write on nearby. Never ever make a tablet your main computer.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.