[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PSU SWITCH broken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170604_161430~2_01.jpg (1MB, 3120x2767px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170604_161430~2_01.jpg
1MB, 3120x2767px
My psu switch broke off and lost the spring metal that acted as jumpers. I was going to solder these two together (like in red) to keep it permanently on and then put some electrical tape or something over the hole. Not sure this is the best idea... Any advice?
>>
Unless I'm missing something, I don't see why not. Make sure it's tight! Why not use the strips of metal I assume are in the switch itself? It must be as tight as possible as any movement or fluctuation of current or phase will produce heat and that will definitely fuck shit up, possible more than the PSU
>>
>>60747695
hold it together with candlewax
>>
>>60747981
I wasn't going to use wires if that's what you mean.
>>
>>60747981
There's no metal in the plastic rocker, they probably fell off when I was moving it.
>>
>>60748121
What does the bottom of the rocker look like? Does it appear to use metal plates to connect the wires, or does it wedge itself in-between them to connect?
>>
>>60747695
Get it replaced under warranty
>>
>>60747695
spend $1 on a replacement. It's a standard DPST switch.
>>
put your dick in it?
>>
Buy a new one to avoid killing yourself and let this be a lesson about testing your things better
>>
>>60747695
>like in red

Are you sure that's how the link is supposed to be?

I would think you have to connect the left and right parts on top. - but then I know nothing so find someone who does or make sure yourself.
>>
>>60747695
get a new one
https://www.amazon.com/Baomain-Black-Button-Rocker-Switch/dp/B01M6B2N9K/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1496624106&sr=8-19&keywords=round+on+off+on+rocker+switch
>>
>>60747695
Remove the supply and then take the cover off the supply and see how the switch works. Then you can see if it's switching the wall current which it probably is. You can just wire it 'always on' and bypass the broken switch so you don't have 110v whatever exposed on the back or you can wire in another switch. Better than working on the mechanical connection on a broken switch anyway.

The on/off stage of a power supply should be no more complicated than wiring a lamp.
>>
>>60747695
Take apart the power supply and bridge the contacts for the switch with solid core copper wire. If you use too shitty wire, it'll catch fire.
>>
>>60747695

Buy a new switch and use its' spring on the old one. It's cheap and you don't have to solder anything... not much work..
>>
>>60751621
This or just solder in a new switch.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.