[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gee Intel, again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: OY FUCKING BLIN.jpg (9KB, 249x244px) Image search: [Google]
OY FUCKING BLIN.jpg
9KB, 249x244px
>2008
>socket 1366 comes out
>core-i series processors come out
>chipsets are too confusing for regular builders
>no one knows which chipsets match which cpus
>ram has become a fucking mess to deal with
>the motherboards are extremely expensive

>2017
>socket 2066 comes out
>core-x series processors come out
>they're fucking rebranded xeons
>they're a not well thought out knee jerk reaction to AMD
>chipsets are too confusing for regular builders
>no one knows which chipsets match which cpus
>the motherboards are extremely expensive
>no fucking bandwidth
>mobo manufacturers are outright refusing to deal with it
>even pcbuilding /g/fags are fucking confused by this shit

The only reason i realized is because both socket pin counts end in 66. Is Intel dead inside? They're about to become the next RAZER where only the 13 y/o kids who are brand new to computers will ever actually use the shit. What the fuck man? This is some fucking rookie shit, reacting so quickly and with such poorly thought out decisions to AMD gaining the smallest amount of competency. Not gonna just wait until you have everything planned out then roll it smoothly on the next tick of the tick tock cycle intel? What the fuck are you doing?

TL;DR
>intel should be able to handle themselves as a company better than this
Not that I'm complaining, the best product is coming from AMD right now, so that's what I'll buy. But it's confusing to see such a massive experienced company make such stupid mistakes.
>>
But why do you give a shit? Are you a retarded ""gaymer""?
>>
>>60742314
I play video games sometimes, but I don't think I play enough to be considered a gamer. I just like enthusiast-grade computers and comparing their performances. But the point of this thread isn't to compare the products, but to marvel at Intel and it's colossal stupidity in its recent decisions.
>>
File: intel ceo JUST.jpg (119KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
intel ceo JUST.jpg
119KB, 1000x1000px
>>60742264
>intel should be able to handle themselves as a company better than this
If the past several years are anything to go by, this is business as usual for the new Intel.
>>
>>60742513
I mean aside from not recognizing that core count is starting to matter in the consumer and enthusiast market, I thought they were doing okay. Was I confusing that for AMDs late blatant incompetency? Did they only look good because AMD was doing so horribly?
>>
>>60745087
>Did they only look good because AMD was doing so horribly?
Pretty much. As soon as Zen was revealed to scale so well with clockspeed and core count, it immediately made Intel's ringbus architecture look like old-ass garbage.
>>
>>60742264
>mobo manufacturers are outright refusing to deal with it
Which ones? proofs?
>>
>>60745665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWFzWRoVNnE
>>
>>60742264
They're managed by the wrong people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1rXqD6M614
>>
File: sonic concern.jpg (22KB, 170x143px) Image search: [Google]
sonic concern.jpg
22KB, 170x143px
>>60745623
So is there actual competition now? Are we in international capitalism again? Is the world functioning like it should after all these years?
>>
>>60745753
Yes, there is actual competition, if you can call Intel getting caught flat footed by AMD's new architecture and making a bunch of panic moves competition.
>>
>>60745771
I mean hasn't the past 20 year been the exact opposite? Is AMD gonna be jew next?
>>
>>60745934
AMD can't possibly out-jew Intel. I don't think it's physically possible.
>>
>>60745682
I think Jobs was an ass, but he understood that pretty well. Too bad he didn't set up safeguards to prevent it from happening to Apple. But then again he probably didn't give a shit about Apple. He was always a very insular and self-interested guy.
>>
>>60742264
What did he mean by this? Can newfags really not tell the difference between the numbers 3 and 4?
>>
>>60747101
it's the frequencies, when you force motherboard manufacturers to use one chipset for all these processors and they all have different amounts of ram and speeds of ram and pci lane limitations and other i/o limitations and i don't even think intel knows what's going on
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.