[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with all the Macs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 19

File: DanTentlerMac.png (840KB, 1135x664px) Image search: [Google]
DanTentlerMac.png
840KB, 1135x664px
>Dan Tentler
>well known security researcher
>epic haxxor
>all these other haxxors at defcon
>using Macs?

What the fuck /g/, I thought you said Macs and Apple products are just for kids and faggots?

Are these people retarded? Why the fuck would they use Apple shit?

Why are all these "smart people" using Macs?

And why are so many "smart" college professors(specifically CS professors) using Macs?

Seriously, what the fuck is going on I thought Applel products were shit?

Hipster journalist getting haxxed is pretty funny though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjYhmX_OUQQ
>>
>>60740499
>Seriously, what the fuck is going on I thought Applel products were shit?
you're a retard who fell for the Pajeet trolling.

All those Poojeets hate Apple because they can't afford it.

When in truth, Macs are the best laptops. By far!
>>
>>60740499
Holy fuck that phishing blonde was a qt3.14
>>
>>60740533
Maybe I did fall for the poojeet shit :(
>>
>>60740533
Depends on what you'd call "the best laptops", but yeah, Macs are pretty great.
>>
>>60740499
Yeah pixar and every audio studio is really hipster
>>
>>60740499
Visual studio is now always online botnet and xcode rapes it
>>
>>60740499
> hacker
> not using Unix certified os over the unsecure windows nsa backdoor
>>
Choosing, out of principle, not to use apple products doesn't mean they don't make nice hardware.
>>
>>60740811
Yeah I'd expect that from audio studios and whatnot. But I'm surprised all these security professionals are using Macs
>>
>>60740499
People like apple because they make slick machines with good battery life. The "no software" meme hasn't really been true since the early 2000s, so that's not a problem. Also people who work in these fields (tech, engineering, media production) earn enough money that the "apple tax" isn't a big deal. The only people who hate apple at this point are freetards obsessed with ricing and gaymer kiddies who only care about getting more frames in League of Losers or whatever they're playing now.
>>
>>60741163
This sums it up well. Gayming is for neckbeards who don't have a life.
>>
>>60741373
deriding others for hobbies you don't understand is totally the kind of mature activity that people with "lives" and Apple machines do.
>>
>>60741424
Whatever nerd
>>
>>60740499
Probably provided by whatever company because "Macs don't get viruses"
>>
>>60741424
>b..b..but muh hobby!
>You're just like my mom, you don't understand how epic muh League of Losers is!

Jesus Christ go do something useful with your life.
>>
As you get older, you realize that fat neckbeards telling you something is for "gay faggitss that are gay go get your Starbucks fag" is stupid. The MacBook Pro is an actually good laptop for day to day tasks and light power user stuff. I wouldn't take it as my only machine personally, but it's a great desktop compliment.
>>
>>60741424
Games are a waste of time. Anyone over the age of 12 understands this unless they're retarded. I know a guy who's girlfriend is literally about to dump his ass because he won't: Buy a vehicle, get his drivers license(yes, hes' a 22 year old man who doesn't have a fucking license), save money so he can go to college and get a real career instead of working at a fucking grocery store for the rest of his life. But what does he do? He wastes his money on a PS4 shitbox, wastes money on alcohol, refuses to do anything productive with his life(car, license, school etc.) and is now thinking he needs an epic le gaymer battlestashun so he play league of losers and whatever else his epic le gaymer loser friends are playing. Everyone in his social group is constantly trying to get him to get his shit together but he fucking refuses. this, ladies and gentlemen, is your typical gaymer.
>>
>>60740499
>hacking
>social engineering hackers
This is just con artistry.
>>
>>60741592
>22 y/o
>no license

I'm trigg'd, only because i live in a UK city with great public transport, and this city is horrible to drive, so i never bothered getting a license. USA tho, cars would be mandatory I assume?

That guy sounds like an arse, but he is addicted to games, not everyone is like this.
>>
>>60741592
So, he should get a higher paying job, so he could boy more shit to his girl?
Life is generally a waste of time, so you should waste it as you wish.
>>
>>60741710
Yeah you can get away with it if you live in a nice city like Paris, Berlin, London etc. But here in America, unless you live in a big city with good public transport, or Uber/Taxis you're a loser if you don't own a car or at least a nice moped/motorcycle. We love our cars over here m8. And sure not all gaymers are like that, but I still think there are way better things to do with yur time. We're humans and we always seem to forget how fucking awesome we are. We shouldn't be sitting in a fucking dark room obsessing over muh framerates in muh CS:GO. We should all be improving ourselves by working out or or reading a damn book and learning new things to improve the lives of other people around us. When you compare all the other amazing shit you could be doing, gayming is a terrible waste of time and money.
>>
>>60741800
>goes straight to implying he's some sort of cuck and he needs to provide more for his girl.

I mean, he's kinda a cuck but he's gotten better. At least now he pays her parents rent for the space he takes up in their house and also helps pays for food stuff for him and his girl.

The point is, if they're gonna be together, he needs to get his shit in order because it takes two in a relationship which includes two people making money and getting on in life.

Nah, she works and is going to school and has a plan in life. Meanwhile, he works at a damn grocery store and doesn't see any reason to improve his life. It's a damn shame.

>Life is generally a waste of time, so you should waste it s you wish.

Bruh, you sound like you need someone to talk to about your depression. I've been there too, but I got it sorted out....seriously.
>>
>>60740499
because macos is actually a decent unix desktop OS with a pretty interface.

windows is garbage, and linux even tho its great, looks ugly as hell so why not choose macos unless you're poor?
>>
>>60741921
Even poor people can afford Macs. It's like these neckbeard faggots don't know how to look for deals or refurb stuff or even used machines on letgo
>>
>>60741979
there's nothing wrong with buying second hand machines or phones, but personally i don't do it.

those devices are too personal to just own after someone else owned them, can you imagine all the dry jizz?

memes aside, personally not a fan of it.
>>
>>60742031
Eh, just try to buy from a clean asian or a girl....or really just any normal human being with normal standards of living. But yeah a lot of people are fucking disgusting.
>>
Loving every laugh at all these neckbearded faggots getting butthurt over seeing real tech professionals using Apple products.
>>
>>60740499
Dat unibody. Generally people buy macs for the hardware - that means the build quality and design. They're plenty capable but people tend to use MUH GAYMES as a measure of power and think they're shit because of that 5 less frames in whichever game.
And the expensive meme is pretty much dead in 2017. I got a 2yo mbp on amazon for a third of it's retail price, 9/10 condition. That was 3 years ago and I expect another 3 years out of it.
>>60742031
Who actually shoots all over their computer? Srs question. I hear this recurring meme of "jizz in the keyboard" or whatever and it baffles me. Is this really a thing? Seems like the keyboard would be fucked in no time.
>>
>>60742268
>Who actually shoots all over their computer?
its just a stupid example, a more realistic one would be keyboards full bread crumbs or dry chocolate, because a lot of people eat in front of the computer (which is fine) but don't wash their hands afterwards and use their greasy fingers all over it.

which is ok, but some people are so disgusting that they never clean their machines and over time it gets really dirty and greasy..
>>
>>60740499
Turns out that security researchers have more important things to worry about than the logo on their laptop
>>
>open lid
>lid opens without tipping entire machine back
>no need to peel it open
>no squeaky sound of flexing plastic
>boot up, don't hear a jet engine fan
>low battery? Stick magsafe charger on it - no wiggling around a male connector until it charges
>dark in here? Keyboard backlight adjusts to ambient light
>drivers for every single component provided by apple for windows if you choose to use it
>timeless design that looks good in every setting
>everything is servicable by removing one back panel
>>
>>60740499
/g praise shit apple
what went so wrong?
>>
>>60740499
>Social Engineer Village
they're not techies
>>
>I can't formulate an opinion of my own
>Oh no, how did this happen

OP you're a complete and utter retard. It doesn't matter if you realize what better products are, keep your hands off.
>>
>>60740499
osx < windows < linux < osx
>>
>>60740499
>Why are all these "smart people" using Macs?

Because they're smart?
>>
>>60742399
>Neckbeard who can't handle the thought of being alone once the other neckbeards move on in life.

>T...t...those normies are so stupid am I right guise? I...I...I bet they use Apple products h...h...heh heh

>W...w..we're gonna keep the cringy morbidly obese neckbeard Wangblows PC masterrace R9k circle jerk going r....r...right guise?
>>
>>60740499
>What's with all the Macs?
>I thought Apple products were shit?

Well you see anon, when people actually do something with their lives instead of sitting around circle jerking each other about how superior they are to those damn "normies" they usually go and get themselves a thing called a "career." These people who have a career don't have time for playing Vidya gaymes or being fat neckbeard faggots. So they use Apple products which work well and allow them to focus on shit that actually matters in life.

>TL;dr people who have lives typically use Apple products
>>
>>60740499
after 2012 apple went full iphone and is alienating their osx-userbase. macs are now basically addons for iphones, not the other way around and since apple does not give a shit about the creative community anymore they are using the professionals to windows.
>>
>>60743785
>they are sharing the professionals to windows

Nice grammar, Pajeet.

And seriously? You think they're abandoning Mac OS? Tell that to all the devs at Google and countless other tech companies who rely on Mac OS to be a stable environment for literally whatever the fuck they want to do. Despite what your think, Windows is a steaming pile of buggy shit.
>>
>>60743785
Wow if only you could install any os you want on a mac
If only a mac was a computer
>>
Mods please kill this obvious Apple shill thread.

MODS
MODS
MODS
>>
>>60740499
You don't know what he's running as his OS and that's all that matters. There's nothing different from Apple products but it does help you blend in with the normies. Red team pentesters don't have shitty stickers on their laptop that makes them stick out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>60740499
macbook pros are the best built laptops now that lenovo went full chink with the thinkpads.
and the more people who use macs that aren't complete vapid shitheads the better the user base becomes making it more appealing for normal people.
>>
>>60743785
the "creative community", meaning electronic music faggots, are moving to windows because their whole field is over saturated so they're all poor and have to move to acers.
>>
>>60740499
MacOS is Unix-like and less fiddly than Linux. Also, the hardware is nice.
>>
>>60741889
> he doesn't deserve her, she works so hard
You sound like a jealous faggot.
>>
>>60741592
thats me, well i play megaman 2 and fzero, and I got my liscense this year
>>
>>60740499
macs are leet
>>
>>60746001
And you sound like you have mommy issues.

How the fuck did you get all of that bullshit from what I wrote? All I'm saying is the dude needs to get his shit together or his girl is probably gonna leave him. They've broken up like 5 times over the years already.

>TL;Dr the dude needs to stop being an epic le gaymer faggot and get his shit in gear
>>
Apple hardware is complete and utter shit and overpriced. Asthetics and status are their only selling points which is why most people buy them because people are sheep and will use whatever products the people around them use in order to fit in.

As far as Apple software goes this is a trickier question. The Unix base does have certain uses but custimization and adaptability are slim to nonexistent. Its a dumbed down and locked down system designed for people who are tech illiterate. This is a brilliant design choice along with asthetic designs and unique marketing because Steve jobs unlike other real engineers working for apple understood that most cosnumers are mindless retards who need things to be so simple they almost cannot fuck them up. Hence the "it Just Werks!" meme. If you are too stupid to use a normal computer apple is the perfect choice for you. Of course Apple will charge a large premium as a tax for your stupidity.

Even if you want the Apple OS and view it as superior for some reason it would be more intelligent to buy better value hardware elswhere and just install Apple's operating system which is what we call a hackintosh. Its not that hard.

The "no viruses" meme is just that. Macs do get viruses and pretty bad ones to they are only less common because most people use windows so for a hacker writing virus software it makes the most sense to code it for the windows operating system to make it compatible for 90% of all computers instead of the <10% that are macs

but macs do get exploited and when it happens the damage is severe because their anti-virus is significantly less developed than windows options because windows programmers have had to deal with viruses so often and for so long.
>>
>>60749416
Thank your for the autistic run on sentence wall of text, Timmy. Now go back to playing CS:GO and getting buttblasted Everytime a grown man calls you a faggot or says they use an Apple product.
>>
>>60749523
>t. mactoddler
>>
/g/ isn't smart. Or maybe they're smarter than everyone else in the tech industry. You decide.
>>
>>60749579
>I can't think of a proper argument so I'll just regurgitate what my fellow fat, stinky, neckbeard faggot "friends" say again and again.

Oh I am laffin
>>
File: 1471238257774.png (107KB, 590x180px) Image search: [Google]
1471238257774.png
107KB, 590x180px
>>60740499
2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street Rajeesh.
>>
>>60749685
>/g/ isn't smart

Yeah that about sums it up right here. That's why there are so many anti Apple faggots here.
>>
File: 1495997793145.jpg (299KB, 996x954px) Image search: [Google]
1495997793145.jpg
299KB, 996x954px
>>60749741
>t. mactoddler subhuman
>>
>>60749761
>Mental midget CPU at 100%
>Still can't think of a proper argument.
>Hurrr I'll post a shitty pic of hand picked people who have mental issues and happen to use Apple products.
>We both know these faggots don't represent typical Apple users

C'mon you really need to apply yourself. Your mother and I are getting very worried about your coping skills, Anon. She even said she wants to get you tested for autism!!
>>
I love gay beastiality.....mostly dogs and horses because of their beautiful cocks. I use Windows, Linux, and Android. I guess that makes me gay huh?
>>
>>60740499

Because the build quality is nice, they don't need a non-dogshit GPU or bleeding-edge specs, and you can easily dual boot Windows.

Honestly I think it's mostly that a Macbook gives you a mobile platform that can run all major OS distros hassle-free. Getting OSX or iOS to run well on any non-Apple platform generally isn't worth the difference in purchase price.
>>
>>60740499
Literally paid street shitters working for Applel PR like you.

See >>60749732
>>
File: 1478326492327.png (231KB, 831x910px) Image search: [Google]
1478326492327.png
231KB, 831x910px
>>60740499
>small percentage of x population uses macshit
>OMG DEY ALL USIN MACX!!!111

>t. mactoddler
>>
>>60749339
broke up 5 times, he lives at her parents house
>he aint going nowhere
>>
>>60750322
>he ain't going nowhere

I hope so. They're a great couple, but he seriously needs to get his ass in gear. I'm worried she's going to outgrow him if he doesn't wake the fuck up.
>>
>>60749761
>>60750134
I posted it again lol
>>
>>60750134
>game
why don't they just say strategy? are three syllables too much?
>>
>>60750877
His mommy must be so proud. Just like that faggot whose mom told him she was proud he got a chinkpad. Kek
>>
>>60742348
>everything is servicable by removing one back panel

You seen the inside of a new Macbook Pro? No servicing's going to be happening in there.
>>
>>60750322
>he ain't goin nowhere
At least he's not a wizard shitposting about somebody else's relationship on a technology board on an anime website.
>>
>>60750950
Macs don't need to be serviced since they're more reliable.
>>
>>60751003
Awwwww did my post about someone not taking life seriously and playing their retarded le Vidya games strike a chord with you?

I'm sure mommy yells at you everyday to stop wasting your life and get out of the and go get a job. All you have to do is get up and get moving, Anon. You can do it, we believe in you.
>>
>>60751059
Those weren't my posts, I don't play video games. Go back to facebook and gossip chad
>>
>>60751121
>Chad get out REEEEEEEEEE!

Lol it's so easy to make you tards freak out.
>>
>>60740499
>all these other haxxors at defcon
>using Macs?
EVERYONE knows that you do not bring your actual work equipment to defcon, you only bring what you are willing to accept as able to be destroyed

macs are brought because they are disposable toy things
>>
>>60751156
1/10 post.

Please apply yourself next time.
>>
>>60751146
>writes paragraph responses responding to one liners
>XD they're freaking out
Kek, this is a tech board chad. I think you're lost.
>>
File: IMG_4060.jpg (1MB, 620x3095px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4060.jpg
1MB, 620x3095px
Just leaving this here
>>
>>60751231
>b-but my mac toddlers go suck a dick macfaggot only hipsters use memebooks!!!!
>/g/ said i'm only a real hacker if i use a thinkpad...
>>
>>60751231
none of the desktop computers are mac however. they only use macs for what they're good for, note-taking.
>>
>>60751231
>>60751253
>Multiple laptops visible in every image that aren't macbooks
>N-NOTHING TO SEE THERE H-HAHA!
>>
>>60741592
>anecdotal evidence
I still game and I'm doing pretty good. Just got my first apartment and I'm 23.
>>
>>60740499
>social engineering
>phishing
>password manager
Silly normie.
>>
>>60751353
Good for you faggot. Now go sit in your little one bedroom shitbox apartment and waste your life playing Vidya gaymes.
>>
>>60741424
Games are in the lowest teirs ov hobbies
>>
>>60741710
>this city is horrible to drive
Is it Manchester. People say they're the worst
>>
>>60753332
IMO Paris has the worst drivers.
>>
>>60741806
Correct. Why waste time on adventures on a screen when all that time can ne spent on REAL adventures? Gaming is just a lazy way of doing something activ and adventurous. Would you rather play a video game or climb mountains or ride fast vehicles off road. Videogames do not build character or gain anyone real skills. People might remember playing the game but they might not remember the actual experience like they would with something else.
>>
File: hangon.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hangon.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>60741592
wow he sounds like a fucking retard
that's not the fault of video games, he's just obviously fucking stupid.

that's also not typical at all, how many people like him could you possibly know?

blaming video games for that guy's inability to operate is like blaming spoons for making people fat, or accusing inanimate firearms of murder. Why don't you blame his alcoholism? Oh, because you need a convenient reason to be contrary, of course. Your attitude is just as destructive as your buddy, there.
>>
>>60740499
Smart people usually make more money than the plebeians so it doesn't matter if the computers are overpriced.
They usually also work a lot, so it makes sense that they don't spend a lot of time on configuring their computer and for a lot of fields, osX is better than windows.
>>
>>60753401
But he's being tricked. These companies want people to be losers. There's a trend of men bekoming losers becauz of TV and videogames. There has been no innovation in anything except for leisure. They ar trying to turn men of the west into losers that just stay in their homes. They try to get them into it from young ages too. There's TV shows and videogames that children could spend hours on. We need to get people like him to wake up and see that they have been fooled. Videogames ar designed to make people forget their life. It makes them lose responsibility and their sense of purpose by limited it to game objektivs. They might be losers IRL but they can win all the time from playing in thier pretend world.
>>
Mac
>overpriced
>software limited
>cheap ones are a bunch of crap

PC
>ugly
>bloated
>poor quality

Unix
>limited software
>compatibility issues
>workarounds everywhere

At the end, you'll just go on facebook so it doesn't matter at all
>>
File: go away.jpg (1MB, 1631x1373px) Image search: [Google]
go away.jpg
1MB, 1631x1373px
>>60753392
>Why waste time on adventures on a screen when all that time can ne spent on REAL adventures?
money, time, commitments, dangerous infeasibility -- please inform me where I might find a job as an interstellar starship pilot somewhere in your warped reality.

>Gaming is just a lazy way of doing something activ and adventurous.
It's appreciating the artistry, effort, and skill that went into developing a computer program that can simulate a reality and enjoying the discovery of the distinctions and similarities between real life and the game.

>Videogames do not build character or gain anyone real skills.
Unless you are playing a game that intentionally simulates real life, like a driving or flight simulator, which are played by professional and amateur racing drivers and pilots alike. Formula 1 champions play shit like rFactor. You can teach yourself real skills if you play the right games.

>People might remember playing the game but they might not remember the actual experience like they would with something else.
You've only played games where you just Press X to Jason, haven't you? You know there are deeper experiences than the casual trash you keep bringing up.

>>60753552
>But he's being tricked.
no, your buddy is a grade A retard and you haven't played a real video game in your entire life.

>There's a trend of men bekoming losers becauz of TV and videogames.
Oh yeah, the evil tv box that's been turning morons into couch-ridden morons for NINETY YEARS is all of a sudden to blame 'expectilly' now that we got some Jap-boys toy box hooked up to it! Yeah, burn the nintendo, Cleetus! The devil lives in there!

You are a tool of the people who want to keep us all in the dark. YOU are being tricked into not appreciating the art of your generation and culture so that it can be all wiped away without resistance.

I personally know people who learned to read and write fluent English from playing Pokemon. You clearly didn't get that.
>>
File: hooray.jpg (217KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
hooray.jpg
217KB, 900x600px
>>60751231
>use photos of NASA board and meeting rooms
>meanwhile in mission operations

Macbooks are used because they are light so they are good for taking/reading notes, viewing PDFs etc

Work is done on other machines, including other brands of laptops that actually have power.
>>
File: 7092470205_6b9e0d7699_z.jpg (71KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
7092470205_6b9e0d7699_z.jpg
71KB, 640x360px
>>60753763
Like okay, you may not care about turn left racing, but this guy:

>Has loads of money
>Has gone faster in real life than most human beings will ever dare
>Has a racing license and several race cars
>Plays video games
>>
>>60753850
And look at that smile, he's having _fun_.

Now look, here's Rubens Barrichello, well known for competing at the very highest levels of motorsport, having shit-loads of money, beautiful women literally in his pockets, also about to play some motherfucking video games. The one in the background is the Brazilian racing sim Game Stock Car Extreme, which you can get on Steam and play with an Xbox controller, if you wanted to.

These men have met incredible success in life and yet they still play video games.
>>
I wouldn't use an iPhone or an Apple desktop but MacBook are like the big black dick of laptops you can't even compete with that. Even if you install Windows on top of it it's more virile and masculine than white bois could ever be on an a Gateway or whatever.
>>
File: barrichello.jpg (89KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
barrichello.jpg
89KB, 1920x1080px
>>60753960
oops, here's rubens
>>
>>60753962
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>60753960
he's playing for promotional purposes not a hobby
>>
>>60740499
>What the fuck /g/, I thought you said
There's yer problem
>>
>>60753763
Videogames are training people to be complacent. Some people can afford to be complacent if their life is in order and maybe retired but that isnt most people. Everone around us is miserable and lead unfufiling lives. All that time wasted pressing buttons to move pixels on screens could be spent fixing problems but all it's doing is stealing talent of the next generation to work on making more videogames and other entertainment rather than working on something revolutionary to take mankind to the next level. Why make the real world better when they can just create one with software?
>>
Also videogames are NOT art
>>
>>60754024
>when your only "argument" is calling someone a toddler

I guess that settles that
>>
>>60754024
>>troll
Fixed.
Learn the difference, it may save your credibility (although it's too late now).
>>
I'm disappointed that the latter models of macbooks are pretty trashy.

I want Apple to do something about this. Tim Cuck must eventually realize.
>>
Mac + Metasploit = Hacker
>>
>>60753763
>Writing this wall of text just to defend your silly little manchild Vidya gaymes.

Holy fucking shit have ever seen a vagina?
>>
>>60741592
>a 22 year old man
>>
>>60753392
>REAL adventures?

lol, fuck off, you HAVE to be underage, there's no adventures, they are all illegal retard

the truth is all you can do with your life is consume
>>
>>60757571
>t. some faggot who has never been outside.

I went camping with my friends not too long ago. I know it sounds like a bizzare concept to someone like you, but here's a list of shit I did: went on a tour of an awesome cave and learned a shit ton of amazing history about the place, went canoeing, rock climbing, jumped off said rocks into a comfy lake and went swimming, played around with lighter fluid and WD-40 in our campfire, went for a hike, got drunk, fucked my girlfriend then laughed about how we woke our friends up at 1 AM cus she was moaning so loudly, defended my camp from raccoons who got into our trash bag then proceeded to call one of the raccoons a faggot, drove to my family's property so we could shoot my AR and pistols and blew shit up with tannerite, blew a snake in half with my shotgun, got pizza and more alcohol, listened to music, played would you rather, played cards against humanity, fucked my girlfriend again that evening, went home and laughed at all the awesome shit I did. Shit was cash.

But yeah, sitting in a dark room fapping to Loli porn and circle jerking about how superior your are to those goddamn normies just because you use GNU/Linux neckbeard faggot edition is just so much more entertaining to you, right?

Tl;dr you need to fucking go outside faggot
>>
>>60757571
>REAL adventures
>Illegal

Are you retarded, Anon?
>>
macOS is literally the best OS at least for personal use with neurotypical human beings, and it happens to run best on Apple hardware. What else does one have to choose from, Windows 10? No thanks, Linux? I'd rather not. ChromeOS? Probably worse than Linux and Windows 10 combined.
>>
>>60740499
This is how script kiddies look like when they grow up. Also, daily reminder that DEF CON is a sad joke. Sage.
>>
>>60758089
This. Neckbeard fags just hate Apple because it doesn't fit their "lifestyle" of being fat ugly basement dwellers.
>>
>>60758020
thats not an adventure, is camping, is as serialized of an experience as it can be, there's no real risk, no unknown factor

you just had a normal regular day of life only that in nature instead of in the city

WOW, real adventure anon you are a true man

>>60758035
Adventures are illegal, any sort of thing you want to do that is uncharted, will get you in legal trouble when they see you doing it

life is bureaucratic as fuck, you both are underage kids who feel like McGiver for sleeping in a tent, you have no concept of lack of social safety net, and you cant get to experience it without risking prison
>>
>>60758491
>That's not an adventure
>I'm a jealous basement dweller with no friends

Lol okay faggot have fun staying inside where it's safe and mommy will bring you your Fleshlight and tendies.

>Adventures are illegal.

So getting on a plane and going to another country is illegal? Joining the Peace corps or some shit is also illegal?

Wow Anon thanks for opening our eyes to how fucked up the world truly is.

Are you retarded or just stupid! I really wanna know.
>>
>>60758491
>REEEEEEEEEE! ANYTHING OUTSIDE MY NECKBEARD NEST IS DANGEROUS

Kek
>>
>>60740499
Apple gives journalists free macs so they get their picture on /g/ using macs.
>>
>>60758787
>>60758807
you have no argument other than calling me a neckbeard who stays at home, ive done all your so called "adventures" many times, they are not adventures, they are all deeply regulated activities

i agree its better than staying at home watching anime, but you are setting your bar too damn low, its kind of pathetic, honestly, that you regard travelling as an adventure, millions of persons fly around the globe every single day

ive also had real adventures, and im telling you, anything risky and uncharted you would want to do is illegal
>>
It's pretty nice hardware but I heard it's prone to crashing applications that are not developed by apple. Also the new mbp keyboard sucks
>>
>>60759092
i regret that last line, you are now going to circle around that and keep the personal attacks going instead of addressing the argument like anyone called up on his bullshit does
>>
>>60753392
>>60758020
>it's a normie mouthbreather thinks his hobbies are superior to anyone else's episode
Newsflash: you aren't any more productive or superior for fucking around outside than I am for sitting at home playing vidya and watching anime. Both activities are as much of a waste of time if you'd rather be doing something else, and as much as I enjoy working, going to class, and hanging out with other people, playing video games is simply more fun and rewarding for me. And no, sitting in a tent and drinking booze while fucking some whore doesn't build """"'character""""" or grant you any more skills than playing video games does. In fact, I've met way more interesting people and made more fulfilling friendships with people online (including online vidya) than I ever have in real life. Aside from a few people, almost everyone I know irl is some retarded cookie-cutter normie SJW or nigger with no interesting hobbies whatsoever.
>>
i work in network security/engineer for an MSSP
most environment i see are
>50% mac
>25% linux (mostly fedora/mint/ubuntu)
>25% surface/windows

idk why network guys like macs so much.
>>
>>60759092
>>60759373
>>60760167

Jesus fucking Christ the amount of cringe in these posts is unreal.
>>
>>60762587
the only cringe here is calling a camping trip an adventure
>>
>>60741889
Working a grocery store is good honest work with a better opportunity to move up within a business than most. Provided you're competent that is. It isn't the best field out there, but how many people are working their way up in office settings or maufacturing? Most of management in my chain of stores started out stocking or pushing carts.
>>
>>60741163
What if I hate apple for the countless hours they wasted me at my job (using a mac - oh what?)?
What if I hate them because I fell for all the claims (just Werks, easy to use, well designed, thought through) and they just plain weren't true?
The one thing that was true though was the arrogance, ignorance and stupidity of apple faggots, so fuck off I tried it and I'd rather have had cancer.
>>
>>60762787
Oh look, it's the fucking faggot who thinks sitting inside his cave fapping to Stalman and telling random anons they're underage is an "adventure." Just kys already.
>>
>>60762787
Okay faggot. Tell us about your adventures then. What do you consider to be an adventure?
>>
File: 1485325769095.jpg (45KB, 186x246px) Image search: [Google]
1485325769095.jpg
45KB, 186x246px
>What the fuck /g/, I thought you said Macs and Apple products are just for kids and faggots?

it's almost as if /g/ is full of high schoolers, first year stem majors, and stem dropouts who don't have a fucking clue
>>
>>60759092
>I've also had real adventures

Oh please do tell us Anon.

>One time mommy brought me my tendies after I cried for 5 minutes straight!
>>
>>60763798
i never said anything of the sort, please don't vent your frustations on me

>>60763818
out of the top of my head comes exploring the subway tunnel system
>>
>>60762787
I'm not even the person you were talking to faggot
>>
File: DAfs5hFXkAA3dWU.jpg (110KB, 725x598px) Image search: [Google]
DAfs5hFXkAA3dWU.jpg
110KB, 725x598px
people who are actually serious about computer/tech/networking stuff are open to trying out and learning about the various platforms and hardware available. zealots who refuse to use anything not within their limited comfort zone (ie: a lot of /g/ users) are just idiots. just because they're loud about their infantile opinions and practices doesn't mean you should emulate them.
>>
File: 1495975656595.gif (1MB, 227x255px) Image search: [Google]
1495975656595.gif
1MB, 227x255px
>>60749726
Lol, what? He actually gave a sound argument and some mactoddler replied and called him a neckbeard for not liking what he liked.

He acted in Self defense
>>
>>60763961
>I went into the subway one time and I got scared and confessed to mommy and promised I'd never ever do it again and then I promised her to only have safe "virtual" gayming adventures so mommy wouldn't have to worry about her special little boy.

Oooooh urban exploration. Wow you must be such a badass for sneaking in there. I've been doing that shit since I was 8 years old you fucking faggot. You ever ever been chased out of a railyard by a hobo who wants to either rape your asshole or beat the shit out of you at the ripe old age of 10? Because I have. Just because you're jealous I have friends to go camping with and that I have actual social interaction doesn't mean you can sit in your nest and claim "Hurrr dat not real adventure." An adventure can be anything from going skydiving, to breaking into abandoned places or going to another country. It doesn't have to be fucking illegal.

Now go take your pills you autistic faggot.
>>
File: 1495965798627.jpg (238KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1495965798627.jpg
238KB, 750x750px
>>60740499
Computer engineer here.

Dual-boot windows and Linux on a thinkpad works fine for me. I saved the extra cash and put it toward a better desktop for SSHing into and shit.

Macbooks aren't worth it IMO. The latest gen are literally memes with their lack of f keys.

WTF Apple...
>>
File: wtf-meme.jpg (31KB, 640x488px) Image search: [Google]
wtf-meme.jpg
31KB, 640x488px
>>60764158
WTF indeed...... ...
>>
>>60764156
>you can't like both (travel/going out and video games), you have to like one or the other
>he's the autistic one
>>
>>60764156
Yes, i have, ive also seen a bunch of train workers want to rape a friend with a spray can

> An adventure can be anything from going skydiving, [...] or going to another country.
Those aren't real adventures, grow the fuck up, when you go skydiving you go with a professional holding your hand all the way, when you go into another country you do all sort of paper work, and then have an embassy to protect you in case you completely fuck up

>It doesn't have to be fucking illegal.
I never said it *has* to be, i said its all thats left

Exploring places you are not supposed to go (therefore denying the safety net), and exploring virgin places like the amazon, are the only real adventures left to people today, not too long ago people could jump in a ship and land in a whole uncharted continent, now the only uncharted things left are non-public-allowed spaces
>>
>>60742348
holy smokes im sold i want a mac now
>>
>>60764156
Also railyards are not the same as the subway tunnel system, railyards are faggot-tier adventures
>>
>>60764273
>>60764307

Whatever man. I'm done arguing with your autistic ass and I'm done with this autistic fucking site. Literally everyone I've ever encountered here is a fucking neckbearded master of autism
>>
File: 1493523757653.jpg (52KB, 557x305px) Image search: [Google]
1493523757653.jpg
52KB, 557x305px
>>60764732
enjoy reddit fag
>>
>>60740499
>people who develop for all 3 major OS use the only computers that can run all 3
Woooow no way.
Also no one cares, I don't base my computer decisions on what other people use.
>>
We have this shit thread about "omg I don't understand did /g/ lie to me?" Almost every day. OP is a paid shill. Report and move along.
>>
Software developer here on software that companies you've heard use every day.

Plenty of devs use them, they're good machines. If you make enough, the extra doesn't factor in.
>>
>>60766997
When I'm paying 2k$ for a laptop, I'd prefer something more than "good", but that's just me.
>>
>>60764732
another one bites the dust!
>>
>>60740499
Let me give you a tip: no good hackers attend cons
>>
>>60740499
I will give you the rundown:
Nice Battery Life
Nice industrial design w/ nice build quality
Unix + major software support (being able to have ssh running in a terminal and swapping over to an adobe product running native is great)
Support (apple care is pretty OK I had a light leak and they replaced the screen free of charge)
Good packaged software (I take photos in my free time and photos imports and can edit my raws without having to download extra software)
Depending on the location may be seen as a symbol of status
retina displays are the shit! withholding phones my rMBP has the smoothest text out of all my devices.
etc.
>>
Honestly iOS is by far the better OS to use and develop for, I would guess the same would be true is macOS.
People that are fan boys of any tech company have been brain washed into thinking that way.
>>
File: 1482695792993.jpg (2MB, 1800x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1482695792993.jpg
2MB, 1800x4500px
>>60768081
>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have <70% aRGB
>gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
https://9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

http://www.howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?
>>
File: 1259962760678.jpg (170KB, 496x600px) Image search: [Google]
1259962760678.jpg
170KB, 496x600px
As a security researcher, my co-workers have given me shit about not using a Mac, but fuck them. I'm the smartest person at my company by a huge margin and I don't eat wozniac cock either.
>>
File: comparison.png (704KB, 3830x1290px) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
704KB, 3830x1290px
>>
Those who can Linux, do. Those who can't, use Mac.
>>
>>60740499
> Asking a bunch of retards on /g/ why smart people don't do what /g/ says.
>>
>>60751019
>Can't replace anything
>Y-you don't need to anyway
Enjoy your shitty computer with components glued to the case, anon.
>>
>>60749726
Dude what? You replied to 3 or 4 paragraphs of arguments with generic insults, but you get mad at someone else for not having a counter-point?
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.