[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will technology ever be as comfy and innovative as the early

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 170px-Ipod_2G.png (45KB, 170x252px) Image search: [Google]
170px-Ipod_2G.png
45KB, 170x252px
Will technology ever be as comfy and innovative as the early 2000s?
I feel like I've seen everything by now.
>>
>>60736316
No, we're on a steady downhill slope now.
>>
You feel that way probably because you have, the markets have matured and computers, phones and other devices are on the road to becoming boring appliances no different from your television or refrigerator.

The 2000s weren't even that innovative anyway, that was when everything started to go to shit.
>>
>>60736384
>Not innovative
>A THOUSAND FUCKING SONGS IN YOUR CUNTING POCKET
>REPLACES HAVING TO USE FLOPPY DISKS EVER AGAIN
>>
>>60737382

>Floppy disks

They were called 'compact discs', Sonny.
>>
>>60737382
>A THOUSAND FUCKING SONGS IN YOUR CUNTING POCKET
Walkmans were a thing long before MP3 players m8.
>>
>>60737436
A cassette holds like 10 songs bro
>>
>>60737449
A typical cassette holds two 45 minute albums, but there are also 120 minute tapes. I think you can fit quite a bit more than ten songs in two hours.
>>
>>60737472
Still nothing compared to an MP3 player
>>
>>60736316
>early 2000s
>comfy
>>
>>60737484
Not to an MP3 player of the early 2000s
>>
>>60737428
Minutes of write speeds compared to seconds
And you'd need 7 disks compared to something the size of a pack of cards
>>60737436
How many songs can you fit on a minidisk? 28 at low quality tops?
Nah, just carry around 5x HI-MD's. PACK OF CARDS
>>
>>60737536
MiniDiscs are 74 minutes for the early ones and 80 minutes for the modern ones. Enough to fit an entire CD. Double that if you use LP2, which sounds a tad worse than a 128kbps MP3.
>>
>>60737531
Fist iPod had 5GB in 2001.
>>
>>60737436
what exactly is your point
why would you literally be a walkman shill in 2017?
or do you hate MP3 players for some reason and can't see how obvious it is that MP3 players were a giant leap
>>
>>60737566
And after all that, Hi-MD held a whole 1GB of data.
So, assuming you have one of the later players, five minidisks would hold as much as an iPod.
FIVE MINIDISKS
PLAYER WITH DISK INSIDE PLUS FOUR MORE DISKS
OR A FUCKING PACK OF CARDS
Do I have to go grab a minidisk player, five disks, a pack of playing cards, and a 5GB iPod to make my point?
Not to fucking mention the iPod mini. Or the first or last gen nano.
>>
>>60736316

>galaxy s8

>edge-to-edge display

>retina scanning

>higher res screen than normie tv resolutions

>literally turns into a virtual reality headset i just used to watch finals games live courtside and from the perspective of both hoops

>you can dunk it in water and jump in the pool no problem

>fast-charge in 40 minutes, watch movies and play games and browse the web for 10+ hours with one charge

>64gb+256gb storage

>combining wifi/4g streams for hundreds of mbps dl speeds

>not innovative

alright, its all been done before.
>>
File: 1482329377429.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1482329377429.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>60737680
>edge to edge display
>rudimentary facial recognition
>unnecessarily high-res power hungry screen you'll just turn off
>waterproof is nothing new
>battery life still shit
>160GB ipod ten years ago
>paying out of the ass for your poorfag public transport facebook scrolling addiction 4G
>>
>>60737776
This desu. Anything above 1920x1080 on a phone is an absolute meme
>>
>>60737776
he's kind of right, that shit hasn't been done before, but it's true that most upgrades we see in smartphones today are fucking useless
cheap, indestructible but compact smartphones with 100 hour batteries when?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.