[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

React Native

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1622.png (35KB, 800x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1622.png
35KB, 800x427px
Red pill me on it
>>
I started using it and it only shrank my peepee by 3 inches!
>>
>>60732955
write once deploy on ios/android, no need to fuck around with java swift.
>>
>>60732955
Write garbage apps that suck on all platforms. And make your life a living hell as you spend days debugging and profiling and trying to polish a turd.
Just stick to prog langs and APIs that platform vendor itself uses on a given platform.
>>
>>60733110
So I just go with Java and Swift?
>>
>>>/pol/
>>
>>60733124
>So I just go with Java and Swift?
Yes. That's WAY easier than trying to wrangle a toolkit that has 100s of abstractions before it hits a bare metal.

Unless you're a huge company like Facebook that also writes React and can ask internal React devs to add/remove/modify something so their shit works, don't go down this path. It's an exercise in futility and frustration.
>>
>>60732955
It's for native apps that don't need to exist

Literally to satisfy that cancerous niche where every car dealership and restaurant wants their own "app" which they expect people to install just to do stuff that's already available on their website.
>>
>>60733228
Ok, and I take it you wouldn't recommend Xamarin either?
>>
>>60733228
if it's good enough for airbnb it should be good enough for your shitty app
>>
>>60733347
>Ok, and I take it you wouldn't recommend Xamarin either?
Nope. Again, it has issues and it doesn't support the latest toolkits from vendors. And, again, you'll be dealing with all kinds of bugs and weird edge cases.

Just stick to whatever is easiest to get support for. If you use Swift on iOS and Java on Android, you'll have thousands upon thousands of applications and toolkits available to you on github etc.

BTW, I saw a post yesterday that Apple released a new free beginner book on Swift. Lots of people were praising it. Haven't checked it out myself yet.

>>60733350
>if it's good enough for airbnb it should be good enough for your shitty app
You're a retard who can't even comprehend my argument. Unless you're a company that has 100s of engineers and has the resources to hack on React's internals and has the expertise to fix React's issues/bugs internally, you're not do well.
>>
>>60733398
yea learning trying to recreate the same app in ios and java is going to be much easier then just using react native. that makes sense.
>>
>>60733124
>>60733228
I agree. I work at one of those big companies on the web platform of a popular service. Our front ends make up the bulk of our native app, which has a larger user base than our desktop website.

Its held together with sheer manpower and duct tape.
>>
>>60733398
Ok thanks for your input. Last question, if for time/manpower restraints which would you say is better: React Native or Xamarin?
>>
>>60733794
>if for time/manpower restraints which would you say is better: React Native or Xamarin?
I have no idea. You're on your own on this one.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.