[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chrome calling out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: chrome udp 6001.jpg (326KB, 1125x1009px) Image search: [Google]
chrome udp 6001.jpg
326KB, 1125x1009px
Hi /g/

I have seen Chrome doing this very often.

Chrome autonomously sends UDP packets to this IP on port 6001 and 5001. It happens multiple times a day.

The WHOIS says the IP belongs to digitalocean so I guess it could be anything. It's not Chrome Update because my Chrome is up to date even though I've blocked this IP for a few weeks now.

This UDP port seems to belong to the X11 Window System used between an X client and server over the network, but why should Chrome need or utilize this?

Anyone got any ideas why the fuck Chrome is sending UDP packets to some seemingly ramdom IP in the background?
>>
Seriously my friend, what do you expect from a jew bought out company like google, they're in the business to fuck you in the ass.
>>
>>60731180
But this traffic doesn't go to a Google IP. Would Google rent servers from digitalocean?
>>
>>60731081
sending screenshots of the pages you browse? xd
>>
>>60731081
Maybe the traffic is from one of your Chrome addons?
>>
>>60731081
>15+ chrome processes
holy shit what is that even for?
>>
>>60731400
every tab is a separate process
>>
>>60731439
does it crash so often that it has to be like that in order to stop the whole browser from crashing or what?
>>
>>60731337
>Maybe the traffic is from one of your Chrome addons?
Sounds likely - turn off all your addons and see if it still happens. Or try running Wireshark and seeing if there's anything interesting in the packets.
Also what's the program you're using to log the blocks?
>>
>>60731463
they have been doing this for like forever, were you living under a rock?
>>
>>60731507
just never bothered with it. I knew about the multiprocess thingy, just didn't realize that every tab had it's own process. I can't see benefits of that, though (other than stability - but FF doesn't ever crash on me and it doesn't have multiple processes).
>>
The 404 page on that IP address is kinda interesting. It isn't a default style so that suggests something has been configured there.
>>
File: file.png (61KB, 445x546px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
61KB, 445x546px
>>60731337
Shit, I haven't thought about this. Thanks anon. I disabled the stuff in the picture and I'll see what happens.

But, why would it use UPD port 6001 for the X11 Window System?

>>60731463
No, but when a page freaks out or when I fuck up my own JS in a tab, I can just easily kill one process and let the other tabs be.

>>60731491
I looked at the packets but it's mulblejumbo

I'm using PeerBlock to block IPs, that's the program you see in the OP
>>
>>60731541
I believe it's not only the tabs but the extensions too cause there are usually more processes than tabs for me but I have a couple extensions installed like adblock and that seems to add to the process count.

AFAIK it's also some form of sandboxing.
>>
>>60731550
It has SSH open as well.
>>
>>60731306
>Would Google rent servers from digitalocean?
Very unlikely, my friend
I think it could be a chrome add on sending telemetry reports
>>
>>60731889
yeah that was probably it. I already disabled addons from sending reports and upgrade notifications and it's been quiet for now but we'll see.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.