[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im tired of my tradie job. Ever since is was 13 I was messing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1-r5Mt0gzYFX52Hjb02zMS6Q.png (3MB, 2000x964px) Image search: [Google]
1-r5Mt0gzYFX52Hjb02zMS6Q.png
3MB, 2000x964px
Im tired of my tradie job. Ever since is was 13 I was messing around with 3d animation, little bits of coding, c++, "pseudo-hacking" aka following someones tutorials on a forum on how to do whatever, but everytime i run into motivation problems because i have no clear guideline and end up putting everything off until I get tired of my current state of existence and go back to what i know best. Im 26 now...

Again I might try again to get into compsci, but then i see all the vast amount of information online and i can't imagine going from basic c++ to cybersecurity and other big topics.

Do i just keep shoveling knowledge until i learn enough to keep going?
>>
>>60730773
>Im 26 now...
It's too late m8

If you weren't trying hard at 13, then you're not even in your prime anymore.
>>
>>60730773

Get/pirate a book -> read it -> exercise your knowledge -> repeat

http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering
>>
>>60732049
I figure as much. Back to being a tradie.
>>
File: 1656690-tron2_12.jpg (62KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1656690-tron2_12.jpg
62KB, 800x450px
>>60732391
Never too late.
Sorry to interject but I am turning 50 soon.
World dropped out when I was 19 and contracted a serious brain infection. Basically had to take twenty years off.
Then,
Got back on the horse, started a company now doing pretty damn well.
It's never too late.
Where there's life, there's opportunities.
Don't procrastinate, innovate !
Start tomorrow.
It's your life.....
Have a Good One OP.
Regards,
Cray
>>
>>60732391
It's not too late. I worked in various odd jobs and didn't get into programming until I was in my late twenties.
>>
>>60730773
mate trust me, if you spent some time previously fucking around trying to develop stuff then you already know more than most first year compsci students. If youre considering going to uni or something then dont be fussed you wont be able to handle it cause all you need to do is just keep trying and fucking up and getting better.

Now on to weather its monetarily smart of you to get into doing compsci rather than just stay a tradie, well that depends on well you know people.
>>
>>60730773
Why don't you do python scripting for 3d modeling programs
>>
>>60730773
Whats wrong with a trades job? Everyone says it's better than the tech job meme.
>>
Tradesmen make more money than code monkeys
>>
>>60733355

Tired of coming home covered in dirt from doing labor all day. Most of the day, everyday, is spent just cleaning shit cause still new. "Troubleshooting" is only like 5% if the job when shit breaks down.

The people.. holy shit. Half the of people i work with can't even spell and all they talk about is pussy and getting drunk.
>>
>>60733564
>Half the of people i work with can't even spell and all they talk about is pussy and getting drunk.
work with excons then, they don't talk at all cause of the snitches get stitches thing and cause they don't like other people knowing about their shit
>>
>>60733564

then you should be able to move up, spend time reading about basic business corporate skills and keep going

also
> 26, tired of trade job,

be lucky you have a job, 26 is too young to complain about that shit, trades do pay well, maybe you need advanced training
>>
>>60734446
Contracted company, basically no room to move up. But it's good for experience, so ill get my year in and see from there.

Yea they pay well, job does teach about electrical and mechanic, but aside from modding cars or tinkering with robotics the shit is boring af.
>>
>>60733564
Go to night classes for a few years, get your MBA, now you'll be managing the monkeys from an air-conditioned office.
>>
>>60734486
That would require me to finish school in the first place lol.

>drop out after 2 year private school, rack up debt
>take a bunch of fire science courses, emt, and fire academy to get into FD or PD.

Just paying off the loan now, with the off chance to go work in FD/PD.
>>
>>60734446
Anybody who isn't in the union will tell you otherwise. I've worked and seen old heads in manual and its a tough sight to see. Do all that you can to get out. I've been trying and this year might be the last year ill have to. Start now while you're young
>>
>>60734613
you may be able to get into uni/college just with a test, and without have completing high school.

assuming youre aussie: https://stat.acer.org/

the test isnt even that hard either, i scored in the top 25%
>>
>>60732049
Classic example of a crab dragging other people down. Don't forget to kill yourself before you turn 30 and your life is over anyway.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.