[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding Inspiration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1496423483043.jpg (177KB, 716x494px) Image search: [Google]
1496423483043.jpg
177KB, 716x494px
When getting into programming my motivation came from internet anonymity. Then I got busy with other things and now getting back into it over the summer my drive to make projects that focus around that faded away.

The idea was simple an simple, secure, anonymous file sharing website. But with that already done to death, and I have no ideas on how to improve on this kind of surface I kind of ran out of a reason to program.

I'm still a beginner, and would love to program. Should I continue with the project? Is there anything wrong with internet file sharing sites that could be fixed or improved on?

Any ideas of other projects? And what motivates you to program?
>>
>>60715803
I don't know about file sharing, but most of the projects I respect including Linux began by their creators to scratch an itch they had, so if their is anything you are not satisfied with and would like to improve it that is your project, no matter how small or insignificant.

Paul Graham had this great paper about what is a good idea for a startup and it all boils down to solve a problem that you have, and don't forget that opportunities come in the guise of hard work.
>>
>>60715911
Well, something that has been bothering me, but put to the side because everyone says on how huge the project is, is making my own browser. Should I go with that?
>>
>>60716055
Adding on to that, browsers like Firefox, Chrome, and even Safari are written in C++. A language I don't know, but something I'm willing to do. Just wondering is it really that hard?
>>
>>60716055
>>60716217

That's a huge undertaking, how about bots/spiders, they have a lot of good applications, scrapping websites and mining data to list a few, and it is easier to make prototypes for them, for example using python and its BeautifulSoup4/urllib2 libraries, going this route you can get a taste for networked apps and have something functional and working in a matter of hours.
>>
File: 1493456690886.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493456690886.webm
2MB, 640x480px
I am so virgin, idea of getting pussy one day makes me programming like terry davis.
>>
>>60715911
>Fix what ever itches you the most
>>60716258
>Finds what he wants to fix
>Oh no, that's too hard

What do you want him to do?
>>
>>60716472

Get your feet wet with something of the same ilk as what you want to do, that won't take you nearly as much time, I said hours, do you still wanna do it? if so expand on what you already have, which should be some sort of HTML parser and a working knowledge of networking.

That is how you hold noobies hands and walk them into their first project.
>>
>>60716258
Okay, this sounds interesting. Thanks for the idea. If you have any other interesting projects like this, that would be great.
>>
What are some beginner projects for machine learning and natural language processing. Was thinking of making a home assistant.
>>
>>60715803
Make an image viewer with built in nnedi3 scaling
>>
>>60716813
Bumping this idea
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.