[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /g/, I need your advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170602_124528.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170602_124528.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So my dad gave me his old Laptop. Is an HP G42-372LA. The specs are:

>CPU: Intel Core i5-M450 @ 2.40 GHz
>RAM: 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz(It originally came with 4gb)
>Storage: 698GB HDD (Tried to install Linux Mint on dual boot but only allows 4 partitions by some reason)
>1366x768@60Hz screen

It has some overheating problems (the fan is running at a lower speed) and the battery only has 20min of life. Plus, it's running Windows 10.

Should I sell it in this state? Or fix it and keep it? What do you think?
>>
File: IMG_20170602_130237.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170602_130237.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Speccy
>>
Can you get enough from selling it to buy a used or old stock business laptop?
>>
>>60713421
>Should I sell it in this state? Or fix it and keep it?

Really depends on how badly you want/ need a laptop I guess.
If you decide to fix it up and keep it those specs seem to be perfectly fine for just shitposting/ light web browsing the only thing that will hold you back is that display resolution my man.
If you decide to sell it in it's current condition or fixed up a bit (heating problem/ fan fixed) I would then take the proceeds and put it towards something else, so really it just comes down to how badly do you have a laptop.

Also as >>60713508 says, if you can afford it when selling take the proceeds and purchase a used business class laptop, most of /g/ will bitch and whine about Chinkpads but if you get the older ones their tough as nails I've had mine for 4-5 years now without a single problem.
>>
>>60713526
Whoops typo

>...comes down to how badly do you have a laptop.
should be
>...comes down to how badly you want a laptop.
>>
>>60713526
Nah, I just want the money. My dad gave to me because he brought a MacBook for himself and we just moved, so I'm waiting for my desktop PC.
>>
>>60713566
Well in that case if you fix the overheating problems and just clean it up all around you should be able to sell it rather easily, I guess it just comes down to where you live and what market you go through to sell.
>>
>>60713595
Ok, let's say I fix the overheating problems. How much I should sell it? $100?
>>
>>60713623
I don't know, look at local listings for the same laptop or similarly specced computers and go from there.
>>
>>60713656
Well, thanks I guess
>>
>>60713667
>Thanks I guess
Hey fuck off man.
>>
>>60713623
Hundred bucks is way over the odds. I'd keep it as a shitposting machine, you won't make cash worth having (especially after fixing it)
>>
>>60713667
Don't be a cunt
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.