[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http"//www,thetelegraff.com/sun-power-solar-panel/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: solar-panels-2019323_640.jpg (86KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
solar-panels-2019323_640.jpg
86KB, 640x426px
I guess this could be the only type of technology that will soon completely eliminate global warming
>>
>>60710985
Mite b cool.
>>
Do you have any idea how much fucking toxic waste it takes to produce a single cell of a solar panel?
>>
>>60711332
/thread
>>
>>60711332
Less and less each year.

Withdrawing from the Paris Accord and instead investing that $100 trillion into our own industry will ensure we can produce solar panels more cheaply and in a more environmentally friendly manner than any other nation.
>>
>>60711358
:^)
>>
>>60711332
Not much, and the panels typically have a warranty for 80% output @ 20 years, and research indicates that the speed of degradation decreases over time, so it loses 15-20% performance in the first 20 years, and then over the next 50 years it may lose another 10-15%.

And the energy pay-off rate is usually in the 1-3 years range.
>>
>>60711358
I find it amusing that lefties think withdrawing from the paris accord means we're gonna let the earth die from global warming when all it really means is the US is no longer part of a corrupt carbon tax scheme that basically redistributes money from 1st world nations to 3rd world nations.

The US can and will make more progress investing that money into its own green energy projects than we will see from billions pouring into china or india to do it.
>>
>>60711332
>Do you have any idea how much
no.

Moreover, you don't know either.
>>
>>60710985
>I guess this could be the only type of technology that will soon completely eliminate global warming

we could reduce the amount of CO2 created by power generation by 100% and still not completely eliminate global warming, let alone the part created by mankind.
>>
>>60712698
The problem is at the end simply the number of bodies. 1,000,000 humans burning coal wont have a meaningful effect, 1,000,000,000 will, and 10,000,000,000 will have an even greater effect. The real problem lies in the scale of things and there's no way to get beyond that that without designing devices to actively remove pollutants from the air/water/soil. Alternately we could just commit mass murder on an unprecedented scale.
>>
>>60712813
Mass murder wouldn't stop the planet naturally cycling its climate.
>>
>>60712851
You're right, the decay or burning of the bodies would still keeping the cycle going.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.