[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memes aside, does this _actually_ prepare you to be a software

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Memes aside, does this _actually_ prepare you to be a software engineer or is this just part of the feminist movement?
>>
>>60710465
It teaches a tiny part of what I like to call the (procedural) programmer's mindset: translating a series of actions into code or something that is similarly structured -- something I observed most people had trouble with.

So to a tiny extent: yes -- it is likely to ease the tranisiton into "real" programming.
>>
>>60710465
Playing with legos doesn't make you a software engineer
>>
It's for little kids. No one is expecting 8 year olds to become software engineers overnight.
>>
>>60710823
>Using gauntlets to block sword and axe
>>
>>60710465
As with most things created by SJWs, it accomplishes nothing.
>>
>>60710871
Forgot to mention, in b4 "sexist", learn programming the same way men do. By teaching yourself reading tutorials and documentation.
>>
Looks pretty cool actually, hadn't seen it.
Kind of reminds me of how I learned to program: By using the scripting engine of a Tibia bot, as all that were available at the time were rather shitty.
>>
>>60710890

agreed

whatever happen to reading a fucking book?
>>
>>60710757
WTF are you talking about. This is literally teaching algorithms, it IS 'real' programming.
>>
File: 1418364145241.jpg (76KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
1418364145241.jpg
76KB, 620x413px
>>60710465
>went to the site
>place an element
>no way to run your code
>you have to place 2 elements for whatever reason
>every time you make an error you get this stupid popup with a gif
>instead of showing your the state before you fail it just immediately resets to the starting position
>9/10 helps you to hate programming
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.