[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Internet in Korea for a student

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: vodafone-the-stick-usb.jpg (103KB, 681x342px) Image search: [Google]
vodafone-the-stick-usb.jpg
103KB, 681x342px
My uni's sending me to Korea for 2 years and the hotel that I'm staying at doesn't have WiFi (other mates there already tried talking the hotel owner into installing a cable but failed).
I'm thinking about using a local SIM card with the USB modem thingy on my laptop, but I can't really find that much information on it.
I'm aware that there are plenty of WiFi hotspots but it'd be most convenient to be able to browse at home.
Any suggestions what to do?
>>
>>60710329
>Korea
North or South?
>>
>>60710329
what did you do?
>>
>>60710329

Go to a different hotel.
>>
I think internet in south korea is chea. Get a sim card dongle
>>
>>60710489
south
>>60710517
meant to say it's a dormitry, not a hotel
>>60710503
it's a joint study program, two years here and two years in korea
>>
When I visited there were kiosks in the airport that sold short-term cellphone plans with data. Look up SK telecom options before you go, see if its worth the cost.
>>
>>60710531
as I heard, sim cards in korea are as hard to get as bank accounts, none of the third course students managed to get one, they say koreans don't really want to hand them out to foreigners and you need family relations living in the country
Well also none of them know any proper korean, me neither honestly
>>
>>60710553

Speak to your uni. They are chronically retarded if they are knowingly sending you to a place for two years that has zero internet access.
>>
>go to a place with great internet speeds for two years
>can't use internet
Holy shit your uni is retarded.
>>
>>60710620
A lot of universities don't really give a fuck about students well-being and just want an exchange program to say they've got an exchange program.
>>
>>60710620
complaining about it to uni does no good, unfortunately
SIM's are bloody expensive, though, 23 euros for 4 GB a month
>>
>>60710571
just checked the prices, it's around 16,5 for a 1gb and inf call and sms plan, while I pay 3,5 euros here for the same deal.
that'll be 5 times more than I'm used to paying
>>
You could try connecting to a free wi-fi source nearby.

https://youtu.be/6odNBrwRM1k
>>
Don't go there. Here fixed. Why the hell would you want to go to fucking Korean.
>>
>>60710489
Best Korea
>>
>>60710762
oh that's useful, thank you
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.