[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to install gentoo, anyone care to redpill me before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1496028504986.jpg (10KB, 248x251px) Image search: [Google]
1496028504986.jpg
10KB, 248x251px
I'm about to install gentoo, anyone care to redpill me before I reboot to start the process?
>>
see you in 5 minutes
>>
Send Gentoo nudes and keep us updated fellow gentoo fucker
>>
Bump
My nigger is still stuck i guess
>>
>>60706667
You better have the necessary NIC driver, you fucking idiotic frogposter.
>>
>>60706667
Bump
Also curious, what are the advantages of Gentoo compared to other distros?
>>
>>60708939
Very lean. Lots of control.
>>
>>60708939
Optimized for your hardware to placebo levels.

Pick and choose absolutely everything.
>>
>>60708939
Can be made pretty optimized by virtue of having to compile everything for your specific computer.
>>
>>60706667
Install GuixSD.
>>
>>60708939
An awesome package manager that doesn't break your system. You can explicitly set what features of a package you want or don't want. For example, if you're a flacfag you could install your music player without mpeg support, so you don't have to install ffmpeg as an unused depenndency. It also never overrides config files without asking due to CONFIG_PROTECT.
>>
>>60709000
nice trips
>>60709014
Does it make a huge difference vs pre-built binaries? I kinda want to get into it but i don't wanna fuck it up, and i heard the docs are fucking awful. Might try Arch first.
>>60709130
fuck that sounds comfy and light as hell
>>
File: 2017-06-02-164156_543x359_scrot.png (17KB, 543x359px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-02-164156_543x359_scrot.png
17KB, 543x359px
Finally got everything setup, I did update to gcc 7.1.0 and glibc 2.24 and ~amd64 from the start and did not encounter any compilation issues. Now I'm not sure if I should go with gnome or kde
>>
>>60709338
>docs are fucking awful
I find the docs and especially the installation handbook to be very good. For example, the install handbook goes over a part of the installation in great detail, and then it explains the same thing for common alternative ways in the same great detail.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.