[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, have any of you lost your desire in programming? I took

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 614969252.jpg (250KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
614969252.jpg
250KB, 1024x683px
Hey /g/, have any of you lost your desire in programming? I took AP Computer Science last year, got an A in the class both semesters and got a 5 on the test but want nothing to do with programming after taking this class, it's just depressing to me.
>>
>>>/global/rules/2
>>
>>60699853
I'm 18
>>
Wow OP so impressive, you sound like <literally everyone else>
>>
>>60699821
95% of jobs are depressing, but you do them for the money. I fucking hate java but recently I started learning erlang and it made me interested in programming again.
>>
>>60699821
OP is trolling. don't feed.
>>
>>60700161
I'm not trolling actually believe it or not

>>60700160
This is what I'm thinking, I should continue on while it's early.
>>
>>60699821
This is what happened to me, too. I don't know if it is worth pushing if you don't like it at all, even if there is a plenty of money and opportunities involved. I think I would burn out fairly quickly. I still wonder if I should go back, but I just don't find it interesting.
>>
Here's my two cents mate:

I started programming because it gave me the ability to quickly produce ideas and build anything I wanted to, wherever I wanted to. As time has gone on, I've began liking "just programming" more and more, participating in competitive programming and whatnot. Now I do at times get bored of programming but it's never a problem because it's seriously just a tool to do the things you really want to do.

About your AP computer science class:
My first experience programming in a classroom setting was my first day of college. I had been programming a little before college, and like it a lot. So I went in for CS (still in college for CS). My first programming class was learning Java syntax and basic programming skills. Boring as fuck. Dry as fuck. I wanted to blow my brains out, and everyone around me was dropping the class out of utter boredom. But I stuck with it and really just focused on what I wanted to do. I pass CS classes with A's and I really don't care for the classes. They can be quite dry.

In summary:
My dude, think about why you program. Do you want to make things? Are you doing it for money? Are you doing it because you find it easy? Don't rely on school to guide you through life. I mean, in college you may take a class and find a new love for something and dedicate your life to it. But school didn't really did that. You did, because YOU took the class and YOU took the time to learn more and more about it and YOU decided you wanted to pursue whatever it was. Take some time and program on your own. Make a couple of things and if you don't like it, run for the fucking hills. Ditch that shit quick, because death is coming for all of us and you shouldn't waste your time here.
>>
I took that class a couple years ago. We had a brand new teacher who couldn't code for shit, only wanted the extra shekles. We did shit in jgrasp, learned nothing. I still got a 5 on the test
>>
Au contraire, I've just gained it now that I entered grad school. If the idea of programming depresses you, remember that CS covers a lot more than simply programming, so maybe you'll find something in CS that interests you regardless. Or, if all else fails, see if you like Computer Engineering, as that shifts the focus to hardware.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.