[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A new internet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Internet-map.png (2MB, 906x888px) Image search: [Google]
Internet-map.png
2MB, 906x888px
How likely is it that we'll see a new internet emerging in the next decades?

I mean new in the sense that the technology is new and current techniques / languages will be obsolete, and by internet I mean as widely used as the current internet is today.
>>
The closest thing to new would be the internet of things but ultimately i don't think it would change much considering the only requirement is more address which is part of IPv6.
>>
>>60699444
It will be a mesh network of IoT devices, will be worse than internet 2.0, and nerds on /g/ will adjust their rose tinted glasses lamenting over the long lost days when the web was good.
>>
>>60699941
Incorrect.

A "new" internet would be a decentralised mesh network.
>>
>>60699444
No need to wait decades. Maybe one decade
http://quantum-internet.team
>>
>>60699444
>I mean new in the sense that the technology is new and current techniques / languages will be obsolete, and by internet I mean as widely used as the current internet is today.

What the fuck does that even mean??
New type of internet is gonna be when we can have pages/content displayed directly into optical nerve and will have microscopic chips/processors in brain to help process/modify information and connect to global network connect to others, possibly using some kind of new not yet discovered quantum means of communication (maybe quantum entanglement ir similar) with high bandwith and virtually zero latency. Classical computer terminal of today will be dead.
>>
>>60700111
Zero latency is impossible to achieve on Earth you dipshit
>>
>>60700142
You fucking retard 'virtually zero' is not zero (0) but just slightly higher than zero, instead of miliseconds we might have nanoseconds or something like that
>>
>>60700142
>>60700252

Time is just a social construct
>>
>>60700142
Dipshit? Did you call *moi* a dipshit? Stallman grab this guy, I can't believe they called me a dipshit.
>>
>>60699444
I am really excited about zeronet.io ect. I really think peer-to-peer .bit domains are the future
>>
Don't worry Richard is working on it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.