[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What laptop should I get for writing code: mac or pc?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0396.jpg (23KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0396.jpg
23KB, 600x400px
What laptop should I get for writing code: mac or pc?
>>
File: 1477403393248.jpg (153KB, 627x576px) Image search: [Google]
1477403393248.jpg
153KB, 627x576px
You can code on either, it's all personal preference. I know this is probably b8 but if you're just genuinely retarded just get either one and quit making these shitty threads
>>
>>60694220

Are you ever, ever, ever, ever, ever going to possibly want to write code for macOS or iOS? If so, get a Mac.

Otherwise, find whatever laptop has the keyboard that you prefer to type on, (you might have to actually leave your autismo cave and go shopping), and get that.
>>
PC because of Visual Studio
>>
>>60694220

What code do you plan to write?

What size of software you want to build or work at?

Is it web development?
>>
>>60694220
Mac can run mac, linux and windows, plus it can code for ios and android
>>
>>60694454
I want to learn java and c++
>>
>>60694597

Get a laptop instead. Preferably one without an OS installed, and put a Linux distro or a BSD system that you fancy enough, and start learning.

I'll say not to go with Windows or a Mac. If you want the machine purely for coding, and learning, be strict.

Once you're able to write small projects in C++ or Java with a real editor then start looking for different setups and IDEs.
>>
>>60694220
AN LOONIX
>>
>>60694283
nigga he didnt even specify what he's gonna use it for and you recommend him visual studio. Fucks wrong with you? All he needs is a text editor and a terminal/compiler.
>>
you need a Mac to program for iOS and thats were the money is in programming right now.
>>
>>60694220
Mac, of course.

Go on Github... almost every screenshot of popular projects is from macOS. Go on Youtube and look at conferences for your fav language and look at the laptops that prsenters have. 99% have MBPs.

macOS won.
>>
Unless you plan to code in objective-c and develop iOS apps I dont see much use for a mac
>>
>>60694911
>writing code
>not specifying what he's going to use it for
lol ok

Also yes you can use gcc + vim if you feel like spending 200% more time than you would if you were instead using visual studio
>>
i prefer PC over MAC, however Linux is best
>>
>>60694482
x220 can run mac, linux, windows, bsd, haiku, and plan9. Are you even trying?
>>
>>60694220
one with a screen and a keyboard.
then install linux and don't look back
>>
>>60698580
can it? really?
>>
File: 1486225433039.jpg (90KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
1486225433039.jpg
90KB, 850x400px
>>60695525
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>60694911
visual debuggers have made text editor/terminal obsolete
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.