[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tablet Recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: tablets.jpg (119KB, 947x533px) Image search: [Google]
tablets.jpg
119KB, 947x533px
Well /g/, I never thought I'd say this but I'm considering getting a tablet... The main purpose of the tablet would be for simple video editing of helmetcam & other video footage & audio while I'm on motorcycle trips to make video ride reports for my IRL friends/family and to post on advrider.

I really like this guy's style, he did all of the video editing for his pan-American trip using some sort of an iPad back in 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3P7Z9FvmMM

I already own a Lenovo x201 and X1 Carbon but they're much too large for me to carry on the motorcycle on extended trips. I was thinking that maybe an 8"-10" class tablet would be easier to make room for. Since I've never seriously considered buying a tablet, I have no idea of which ones are good these days so I was hoping I could get a few recommendations from /g/. I've never owned an Apple product and don't want to start now so pls don't recommend any iPads.
>>
File: 1492543909003.jpg (541KB, 1143x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1492543909003.jpg
541KB, 1143x1133px
bump
>>
Video/audio work has always been an Apple thing, and while I've never been an iOS guy myself, I'd recommend at least taking a good hard look at one before settling on Android.

If you really want to go the Google route, I'd probably recommend whatever has the strongest SoC out there, which is probably the Pixel C unless things have changed.
>>
>>60692347
Nvidia Shieldtablet is #1.
it has an hdmi port too.
>>
>>60692347
Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. I'm still in the "thinking about it" stage right now, I'll need to check some reviews and do some more research on the video editing software that's currently available on Android to see if any of it will even meet my needs. I'd really rather not go the Apple route but I will if I must.

>>60692429
Thanks, I'll look into the shield and pixel.
>>
>>60692445
get a surface pro or a samsung galaxy book, editing video on android/ios is a joke
>>
>>60693065
It's not gonna be heavy editing though, just trimming & splicing clips & photos together along with a bit of voice over work. I'll be looking at ~10 minute clips, 15 min maximum.
>>
>>60693148
windows tablet is still better investment
>>
>>60693185
The surface pro is too large though, at that point I could just take a 12" class laptop that would be cheaper and about as powerful. I wanted something smaller because I don't think I can keep a 12"+ class device from breaking when going over rough terrain.
>>
>>60693185
Also, the Surface Pro is easily over $1k for any of the models with an i5 or better, I'd rather not spend over $500-$600 or so.
>>
>>60692429
>>60692445
The Shield is what I have right now. I love it for manga/anime/web browsing/emulation (PSP stuff looks great), but I was under the impression its Nvidia K1 SoC was a reasonable bit slower than the Pixel's newer X1 SoC.

The Shield is a third of the price of the Pixel though, so there's that.
>>
Anyone have any experience with the Huawei MediaPad M3?
>>
>>60691610

You're going to want to get an iPad. Setting aside the fact that Google has basically given up on Tablets, and Microsoft "tablets" have 2 hours of battery life since they run full on Windows, the iPad simply has the better processor for video production.

Check out this benchmark from Toms Hardware. Look at the disparity in video editing speed between the Galaxy S8 - running the fastest Snapdragon processor you can find - vs last year's iPhone 7 with Apple's A10 processor.

The latest iPad Pro runs with an A9x processor, which is really fast, but Apple's WWDC even is on Monday next week and it's highly anticipated Apple will announce new iPads. Wait until then.

Android is a virus.
>>
Is there some mexican anon with experence with one of these win10 tabs/laptops?:

https://pcel com /GHIA-4104232G-155144

https://pcel com /GHIA-4114432S-154836

I want to know if they are good/safe, their yt channel says nothing important, and theres no reviews anywhere.
>>
OP here, on second thought I think I'll just get some sort of protective sleeve / case for my Lenovo x201 and use Blender for video editing like I've been doing. I'll throw the laptop into one of the side cases on my motorcycle and if it ends up getting broken then so be it, I bought that laptop for under $100 and I barely ever use it anymore so it's basically a throwaway computer at this point.
>>
>>60693279
What about Levonovo Yogabook?
>>
Personally, I would recommend the Apple iPad for any use case. With the Apple brand, you're getting pure quality. With the App Store, you can find anything you need, from console level gaming to productivity boosting activities. Any other brand tablet just looks tacky in my humble opinion. None of them even come close to the apex of portability engineering that is the Apple iPad
>>
Thanks for the thread OP.

So I'm looking to buy a cheap tablet (<150€) mostly to read comics and other not too intensive stuff.

Which should I go for between the new Fire HD 8 and the Galaxy Tab E?

How annoying are the ads on the Fire?

Any other suggestions?
>>
>guys I want something Apple is really good at but I don't want Apple

Kek, enjoy your future paperweight
>>
File: tablets.png (13KB, 379x159px) Image search: [Google]
tablets.png
13KB, 379x159px
There are windows tablets from chinese that you can trust,here is my chrome file
>>
If I were a tech luddite I'd go with iPad Mini 4
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.