[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video Playback general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: video_playback_general.png (2MB, 1812x986px) Image search: [Google]
video_playback_general.png
2MB, 1812x986px
We used to have more video playback generals, and users sharing MPC-HC / MPV setups and the like. Talk anything you want about video playback here.

I've been interested in SVP (https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Main_Page) lately, but have grown accustomed to the great fidelity, features, and lightweight install of MPV, so I don't want to swap back to MPC-HC, where to get equivalent quality would require some codec pack and/or MadVR, (and now SVP), etc.

Apparently MPV and SVP are compatible, but must be compiled into the binary, and doesn't work as an additional file just sitting in the .exe's directory, like youtube-dl, etc. Haven't also been bothered to get the MPV source and SVP source, set up the environment, and compile it just to get that set up.

Anyone use SVP already? Do you like it? Experiences with it and how it adds or changes the quality of stuff you watch, etc.
>>
My favorite two setups (one OR the other) is either MPC from the K lite Codec package setup or Zoom player with with the install center conveniently installing everything I need or an missing.

I have primarily used MPC alone for the last couple years mainly I suppose because the setup and configuration is so simple and quick. A bit less effort to get it tweaked to my liking.

I haven't used SVP (haven't even heard of it). I will probably check it out just to experiment. I'm usually perfectly absolutely fin with MPC though so no need changing.
>>
>>60688215
>$10
>limited to installation on one machine
SVP sounded promising up until that point
>>
File: Program Manager.png (2MB, 1952x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Program Manager.png
2MB, 1952x1250px
>>60688215
I use VLC (:
>>
Saw in /mpv/ threads that people have SSimSuperRes.glsl and/or KrigBilateral.glsl shaders in their configs. What do these shaders do? Do these only work if you upscale content and not needed otherwise? I only watch 1080p videos on 1080p monitor and I tried SuperRes but couldn't see any difference at first glance besides a slightly higher GPU usage.
>>
>>60689535
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts#pixel-shaders
>>
>>60688215
I will admit, I didn't know there were different ones. I use mkv from the CCCP (combined community codec pack)
>>
>>60689581
I'm dumb, meant to type mpc-hc.
>>
>>60689535
In other words these shaders won't work if I don't upscale? Why GPU usage is higher though (at least with SuperRes)?
>>
>>60689601
probably mpv bug
>>
SVP made the Knights of Sidonia animu watchable
>>
>>60689634
Maybe. I couldn't see a difference between SuperRes on/off with 1080p video on 1080p display but the GPU usage was like 5% higher or something.
Although I barely even notice the difference between the default spline scaler (from opengl-hq) and lanczossharp on 720p upscales (anime) unless I pause the video and start looking at the pixels. Maybe I had some great encodes or maybe my eyesight is shit and because of that I don't see any SuperRes effect either.
Thanks, anyway.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.