[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Custom Newtab page thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

I made this a year or two back and i feel like i should probably stream line the javascript
right now i have to go into the .js file and manually add the files by typing out '1.png', '2.jpg'...
is there a way to make it just pull random pictures from a folder where i can just drop pictures in and not have to bother with the code?

or could i have a little "choose file" menu on page where i drop files and it automatically logs the name into the playlist and stores it in a folder

also should add i know next to nothing in javascript
>>
This is really cool anon, I like her fat tats.

She should be the SFW one, then the NSFW should be two big futa cocks tag teaming a cute boy desu
>>
>>60672114
my laptop has the same thing but with tons of lewd loli for the nsfw
dont want to do that on my desktop cause friends come over and id rather show that i like large breasted of age woman rather than toddlers
>>
>>60672097
Sauce on the picture with tits?
>>
>>60672097
Source.. code?
>>
>>60672097
Listing server directories is not part of the javascript standard, so you can't do it locally either.

You can just write a script that generates a list of files and read that with javascript via xhr/ajax.
The difference is that you have to run the script every time you add or remove files.
>>
>>60672097
who the fuck would ever want this fucking disgrace on their new tab page

> "hehe hey dude check out this website i found"
> open tab
> " don't mind the fattie hehe"
> get called autistic
>>
>>60672307
>fattie

Are you autistic?
>>
>>60672328
aye why else would i be on 4chan
>>
Looks great OP. I'm kind of jealous.
>>
Well, you could have a look at this code I wrote a while back: https://pastebin.com/zS8tawrg
>>
File: 1.jpg (926KB, 2560x1715px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
926KB, 2560x1715px
>>60672257
>>60672391
https://mega.nz/#!5fgARCZL!9HUk0jg24xM0P5aQzU3DWVK0tdLyvDe5W3Ui1Tpyp-w
heres the whole thing if you want to tinker with it
>>60672290
could you show me how to do that or point me in a direction so i can learn it?

>>60672416
fuck i dont know a lick of python
>>
>>60672494
The Python code I linked simply needs you to:
1. Install Python
2. Be able to run python in command line.
3. Run this in your project folder: "python <insert script here>"

It will look through everything in the "backs" folder, and create this file: "JS/backs.js" in your current directory.

but seriously, learn Python, it's fucking easy.
>>
>>60672555
ah
id rather not have to use middleware and just have a self sufficient newtab page
is there no way to do that locally?
do i have to make a website for it to work?
>>
>>60672662
You could just run the newtab page entirely as a python server. Like with flask or something. (I am not the other python guy btw)
>>
>>60672827
shit dog how the hell does that work
would i have to rewrite everything in python or would python just host it like a webpage
would i have to have a python program running in the background all the time?
>>
disgusting
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.