[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/w4v/ - Daily Wait for Vega Thread - Another Massive Disappointment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 12

File: 3ohzdK8nxoTMRiTxxS.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
3ohzdK8nxoTMRiTxxS.gif
4MB, 480x270px
This is where we wait for the latest AMD graphics card which AMD will surely release in a timely manner and will definitely blow all of our minds, no questions asked, 100% guaranteed, no chance it'll fail, just you wait.

Last hour: >>60668583

BREAKING NEWS:
VEGA DELAYED TO JULY
https://videocardz.com/70071/amd-radeon-rx-vega-launches-at-siggraph-late-july

The latest:

https://videocardz.com/70071/amd-radeon-rx-vega-launches-at-siggraph-late-july
https://videocardz.com/69679/official-amd-radeon-rx-vega-showcase-at-computex (16 GB RADEON RX VEGA CONFIRMED - HBM2 OVERCLOCKING CONFIRMED - COMPUTEX LAUNCH TURNED OUT TO BE BULLSHIT - CONFIRMED CONFIRMED BULLSHIT)
>>
>>60669975
>Another Massive Disappointment
Gee I wonder if this is a retarded shill thread.
>>60669975
>VEGA DELAYED TO JULY
Yup, it is. We already knew RX Vega was launching in July. There was an interview with Lisa Su where she all but confirmed it.
>>
File: yRY19.gif (2MB, 324x178px) Image search: [Google]
yRY19.gif
2MB, 324x178px
>>60669975
>MRW delayed to July
>MRW "not just Frontier Edition...but Frontier Edition with Threadripper!" demo
>>
>>60669994
"Frontier Edition will ship with 16GB of HBM2 towards the latter half of June. You will see the enthusiast gaming platform, the machine learning platform and the processional graphics platform very soon thereafter. And so, we will be launching Vega across all the market segments over the next couple of months. "

https://jpmorgan.metameetings.net/events/tmt17/sessions/12377-advanced-micro-devices-inc/webcast (enter whatever email, name, it doesn't matter)
>>
File: nvidaaaarrrggh.jpg (154KB, 778x544px) Image search: [Google]
nvidaaaarrrggh.jpg
154KB, 778x544px
Waiting for competition from AMD is like waiting for HalfLife 3.

Fuck you AMD.
>>
>>60670078
But you all want NVIDIA's monopoly. Enjoy it.
>>
They're still only 1-2 months off their internal schedule. Does it suck having to wait this long? Yeah. But they're still mostly on track. It's taking longer because AMD isn't an enormous company with huge resources. They probably put most of it into Zen because they felt taking on the server market was a lot more important priority.
>>
>>60669975
Pls my friends, let us do the needful and wait™ for new Vega™ graphics chips. Thx!
>>
>Looking forward to Computex knowing that they will have to show something worthwhile even though they obviously aren't launching it
>It's a Prey demo with TWO RX Vegas and a threadripper CPU

What is the fucking point Rajesh. Why the fuck should I wait any longer. You say you are going to launch at the end of July, but then I will have to wait for the aftermarket cards, so it pushes it into august.

Fuck you Pajeet.
>>
>>60670120
Buy NVIDIA, gweilo. We all like monopolies.
>>
>>60670096
>we said vega will release Q2
>we didn't say which vega ;^)
>>
but the shitposting is still going strong in the previous bread.
>>
>>60669975
can we all agree amd went dry balls deep on intel's asshole, but got slapped on the dick by nvidia, right?
>>
File: download (1).png (37KB, 665x285px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
37KB, 665x285px
just making it clear that gaming matters a lot for both nvidia and AMD.
>>
>>60670217
>nvidia
Yes.
>amd
Consoles OEM contracts, yes.
>>
>>60670217
if you only have a limited amount of cards, which market would you serve first?
>>
>>60670131
At least Nvidia delivers. I've seen nothing promising so far.

The Frontier edition card was a good start, showing performance improvements over Nvidia, but goddamn, why would they show two Vega cards running fucking Prey? That just implies that one card wasn't enough.
Add on top of that their retarded decision to use a Threadripper CPU for the demo and you're left wondering why they even bothered showing up and not just committing sudoku instead.
>>
>>60670217
You posted a chart where Nvidia's far largest growing market is datacenter, a market that's growing to be 100 billion USD by 2020
>>
>>60670234
>which market would you serve first?
ML (i mean Google) > pros > kids.
>>
>>60670246
It's still what, 1/50 of Intel's datacenter revenue. Face it, memevidia can't into datacenter.
>>
>>60670234

They aren't giving anyone incentive to wait. They are too busy jerking us around and kicking the can down the road.
>>
>>60670256
Calm the fuck down, Intel is bigger than AMD and Nvidia put together times three.

You can't compare them
>>
>>60670262
Datacenter market is one for everyone though.
>>
>>60670242
The only demo they showed was sniper elite running 60@4k, and that's on Frontier Edition, I don't know why you're trying to gauge from this 2x Vega setup that was ran from a 60Hz projector full of tearing(hint, tearing means it was going over its refresh rate)
>>
>>60670246
and that's why AMD wants in that slice of pie real bad.
But as things are in 2017, you can't say that it's irrelevant.
>>
>>60670287
Sniper Elite isn't exactly the most demanding game out there, but as I said, the Frontier edition presentation was actually promising.

But you have to ask yourself, why two Vega cards? Are you telling me that they wanted to show off that crossfire still works? I would expect two top-end Vegas to get over 60fps, and I don't care about dual GPU setups since they are expensive and fiddly. What I care about is if the most powerful Vega card is stronger than a 1080ti, and seeing as how they haven't demonstrated it at all, I'm going to go ahead and say that no, it isn't, and that there is either something seriously wrong with their current cards, or that it's just flat out worse and they are trying to hide it.

I really wanted Vega to be amazing because of the potential gains HBM2 can give me at 4K, but everything I see just turns to shit.
>>
>>60670215
Yeah, that's because they didn't have a GPU Jim Keller.

He's the reason Ryzen just werks
>>
>>60670373
They have, his name is Raja Koduri, the dude who designed R300/R700 and Evergreens.
>>
>>60670347
Last time they goaded about performance Nvidia shat on their parade with a 980Ti, I can bet they're trying to avoid any concrete numbers until launch.

As for SE4, that's the only thing out at the moment, and it compares favorably to the 1080ti
So unless Raja is lying and Vega RX is not faster than frontier in gaming, I wouldn't be worried.
>>
>>60670347
> they wanted to show off that crossfire still works?

I didn't assume anything from it, you think it's naive but I thought that that was exactly what they did. Just to show off that it works; since they didn't even have an overlay to show the perf. numbers for it.
>>
>>60670393
neo /g/ can't think past Raja's ethnicity and probably thinks that he only landed that job at AMD to fulfill affirmative action quotas.

the lack of respect for an accomplished and enthusiastic engineer, in here of all places, always rubs me off the wrong way.
>>
File: ~cuuuuute.png (236KB, 795x507px) Image search: [Google]
~cuuuuute.png
236KB, 795x507px
>>
>>60670120
Buy Volta. It's out in August and will BTFO Vega.
>>
>>60670456
>Raja's ethnicity
Does it even matter? Huang a chink and no one fucking cares.
>>
>>60670373

Raja didn't design Polaris. Vega was also started before Raja joined RTG, so it's not 100% his baby. That may also be the reason why they're trying so hard with Vega, but it's pretty obvious it will fall flat on its face at launch, in gaming at least.
>>
File: 1407096382083.jpg (34KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
1407096382083.jpg
34KB, 426x240px
stop forcing the wait meme. Come July you will start screaming "wait for Volta"
>>
>>60670091

No some people are actual PC gaming enthusiasts that want high end components and AMD hasn't even tried to compete in the high end GPU segment in well over a year. If you want to play at higher resolutions and/or higher refresh rates then they simply don't sell a product for you to buy. It would be great for everyone if they did but the reality is that they are getting left in the dust.

The Prey demo running on TWO RX Vegas with Threadripper dropping frames at 4k Ultra is not a good sign. There is a reason that they didn't show any metrics, Vega will not compete with fucking Pascal let alone Volta on the high end.
>>
>>60670655
>No some people are actual PC gaming enthusiasts that want high end components
They always bought and will continue to buy novideo. End of the story.
>>
>>60670676

That's not true, ATI/AMD has only really shit the bed the past few years. No one wants to only have one GPU to choose from, it fucking sucks. Nvidia only had a monopoly on the high end now because AMD doesn't even make shit in the segment.
>>
>>60670737
You ALL wanted that monopoly since forever. Fucking FERMI outsold Evergreens. Enjoy it.
>>
>>60670756

Listen man, you can't blame consumers for AMD straight up not being able to compete. For the past few years if you wanted the best single GPU you didn't have a choice. This wasn't always the case. It's not the consumers job to settle on something they don't want to hope that it will get a company to make something they do want. That's the dumbest argument you could possibly have.
>>
>>60670573
>Volta
>2017
Nah. They won't release a new architecture in the same year as their current flagship TI least they piss off the folks who got the 1080ti.
>>
>>60670822
Enjoy your monopoly, friend.
>>
>>60670822

Yes

Nvidia has to be the best in GPUs. They don't have an x86 license and the ARM cpu space is highly competitive for them to make a huge impact. OEM is naturally drying up and has been for a while but Datacenter is where the margins are. This is why V100 is fucking huge. They know the yields will be horrible but it doesn't matter because they know they will have no competition (at least yet) and the customers that will be buying them are willing to pay for them. They bragged about investing 3 billion or whatever in Volta because they have to be all in now with no other areas to grow other than the horse they rode in on.

AMD can afford to have sub-par GPUs, Nvidia can't.
>>
File: download (2).png (22KB, 1025x78px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).png
22KB, 1025x78px
Threadripper seems to grow better and better with each passing day.
64 lanes across the entire skus
quad channel also across the entire line
the mobo manufacturers won't be skimping on their first iteration x399 boards; like they did with Ryzen [fuck you msi in particular]
and beating intels' retarded prices aren't even a problem.

Vega, otoh, i'll just stop reading about it. Every new piece of information I get regarding it, just makes it all bleaker and bleaker.
>>
>>60670822
>Fucking FERMI outsold Evergreens

I'm not that anon, BUT FUCKING FERMI. THE ORIGINAL HOUSEFIRE. THE REAL FUCKING OVERPRICED PIECE OF SHIT THAT COULDN'T BE JUSTIFIABLE BY ANY REASONABLE ARGUMENTS (except on TomsHardware, because they were prasing it like jesus) WITH WOODEN SCREWS AND ALL outsold one of the most iconic graphics cards of all times.

Don't even get me started on the fact that the fucking 3.5gb meme card is the most successful gpu of FUCKING EVER.

I'm not even that anon. But goddamnit this is even worse than pentium IV levels of shillery.
>>
>>60671025
3.5 meme has to be one of the worst shit ever. But everyone has no choice but to buy Nvidia if you want a high end GPU. I mean what can compete with the 1080 or 1080ti from AMD?
>>
>>60671037
Nothing from AMD is going to compete with 1080/1080ti. You wanted monopoly. Enjoy your monopoly.
>>
The 7970 GHz edition was better than the 680. The 290X was beating the shit out of its competition at the time. The 390 was obviously the better buy than the 3.5 meme card.

AMD has always been one step ahead at least in one area of the market. With every generation the competitiveness of their products has been going down a tier though - Fiji sucked flaccid cock, and now Polaris is barely able to keep up with the 1060.

Until AMD drops this whole idea of using the same GPU for both compute and gaming then we'll be getting scraps like Polaris. Removing all the useless features (for gaming) from a GPU isn't cheap though, and requires more engineers and R&D, which AMD is dedicating to Navi right now, which will hopefully bring something new to the table.

Vega is DOA though. Nothing can save it from the inevitable beating Nvidia has already been doing to it with Pascal that launched a fucking YEAR ago. I am pretty mad at RTG right now, but I guess they are too. They're not delusional about Vega. Lisa was shitting bricks when talking about it. She of all people understands what's happening around Vega the most. It's a fucking flop.

Scalability with Navi, Raja's first pureblood, is where it will be at. Unfortunately that's a fucking ways off.
>>
>>60671025

Places like /g/ and OCN want AMD to be competitive again so they can buy Nvidia (or Intel as the case maybe) for cheaper - like you say they will never actually buy an AMD product.
>>
>>60671050
>You wanted monopoly. Enjoy your monopol
Implying. My last 2 cards were 5850 and 290x. I will continue to buy midrange cards as well.
>>
what if the demand for FE Vega is so damn high with big companies pre-purchases and pre-launch deals that AMD had to leave RX Vega hanging for a bit more...?
>>
>>60671120
What if Vega wasn't shit?
>>
>>60671120
Absolutely impossible when the market is on lockdown by CUDA.
>>
This is purely a case of AMD being spread too thinly being a smaller company than both Intel and Nvidia. They should dump the desktop graphics division and focus purely on consoles and CPU's. Trying to fight two giants is just not going to work.
>>
>>60671120

none waits for vega expect the AMD fanboys (0.1% of he market) that are stuck with their furyx.
>>
File: 1492027796375.jpg (207KB, 1252x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492027796375.jpg
207KB, 1252x1080px
>>60671120
You need to stop deluding yourself. RX Vega is most likely going to be shit anyway.
>>
>>60671170
That's why AMD mainly focuses on datacenter. Vega is tertiary product for small prosumer market and and ML.
>>
>>60670177
Kek

/g/ should be celebrating, they addressed everything except /v/ so anyone left with discontent is clearly a gamer

t. gamer
>>
>>60671052
read your own two first paragraphs again. Now for how do you think any company can manage to keep itself afloat when they can't compete against it's sole rival even when they have superior products at motherfucking better prices ? Fiji fail isn't that surprising, it could be described as the same bet they did with bulldozer, trying something new and not delivering. Polaris, is different, it wasn't a fail, it's just because the fact that it's on par with the 1060, historically and in this moronic market context it ends up even worse, because naturally, the same nvidia that has always been perfectly capable of outselling inferior yet more expensive graphics cards, in the same tier, found a winner that will most likely shadow even it's previously best selling product; the motherfucking 970.
>>
>>60671134
>>60671142
>>60671185
>>60671201
look at the pic. >>60671120

I myself do not fully believe that statement.

.-----.>joke
>>
>>60671270
Fiji was two Tongas glued together with new memory. It was some weird unbalanced design.
>>
OK here are some thoughts on this.

Last year AMD launched the RX 480 proclaiming it the best midrange GPU ever. A month later Nvidia shat on AMD's parade with the GTX 1060 even with 2GB less VRAM. Driver updates have made the RX 480 better but it has taken too long. It needed to be as fast from the start.

Vulkan adoption is pretty much non-existent. DX12 is growing but is not the magic bullet AMD have hoped for and Nvidia still stays ahead of it on DX11 it's driver is so well optimized. Even in DX12 and lacking a hardware scheduler it performs 'OK'.

Nvidia have continued shitting out high end GPU's based on Pascal. They are still riding the old DX11 train until AMD can come up with something that does as well across the board. They also baned on GDDR5x memory as it's easier to get.

AMD have gone the HBM route which is proving harder and more expensive to make. I think this was a mistake.

AMD are trying to compete on multiple levels with two large brands. They also are chasing the pro sector more than 'gaymers'.

My best guess is they wanted to demo Threadripper as a gaming platform for those into doing high end. They also did not wish to give away that 1. drivers are still being worked on and 2. giving away too much info on performance of VEGA before launch would allow Nvidia to once again steal their thunder like they did with Polaris.

Just my guess though.
>>
Nvidia lost me as a customer with the esxi driver bs. Rx480 was my upgrade on a Gtx480 and I'm happy with it and it's open source os agnostic drivers
>>
>>60671285
> It was some weird unbalanced design.

exactly the same could be said of Bulldozer. They tried to innovate on moonshot new designs and couldn't deliver up to market expecations; and especially versus the competition.

Polaris, on the contrary, is completely the opposite. A grounded spartan design following their best practices knowhow, focused on target price over anything else.
>>
Well, that was a sad quick Vega presentation.
I'm full-blown AMD shill, own a Fury X, and was considering getting Vega if the performance jump between these two generations was worth it, specially due to VRAM.

They showed the bare minimum, probably have driver issues or the arch isn't OCing as good as they were first expecting.

Last nvidia GPU I owned was a 8800GTX, and quite honestly, I'm considering going for Volta, this arch is slowly showing to be not worth it.
Maybe I'm looking to far into it, but we all know AMD and their presentations, if they have a good product then they show shitload of footage and even benchmarks comparisons with the competitor, this time it was completely empty as if they had nothing good to show.
>>
>>60670456

Here's the problem.

What has he done since Evergreen?

Moved to Apple and made some mobile GPUs for Jim Kellers stellar ARM architecture. Comes back to AMD, and gives us rebrands of rebrands. While he tries to take credit for GCN "Fine wine" with Mantle/DX12/Vulkan. And he can't even capitalize on AMDs inherent advantages for said APIs.

He lets Nvidia steam roll his product announcements. He has given them a six month sales lead, and is now chasing after Volta market share. He had ZERO response to Nvidia Gameworks fucking his cards up the ass.

Vega so far is all his. It's late, it's expensive, and it's not even close to competitive in the business world, or the gamer space.

The slow adoption rate of ROCm and OpenGPU and tge ridiculously slow adoption of HIP and the slow dismantling of HSA is all him.

So what has Raja done for AMD? Other than Force Lisa Su to create Radeon Technologies to placate him?

Give me one single win that he has had since his return to AMD.
>>
>>60671311
>A month later Nvidia shat on AMD's parade with the GTX 1060 even with 2GB less VRAM.

guise, we found it.
>>
>>60670676
If VEGA is supposed to compete with the 1080 We all know it is going to get demolished by Volta. Wouldn't theoretically Navi be it "competitor" to Volta
>>
>>60670177
It's still Q2...

Fiscal Year doesn't start Jan 31.
>>
>>60671382
I think 1080 will already demolish the Vega
>>
>>60671393

If true Raja needs to get tossed out on his ass.
>>
>>60671393
Then you're actually mental.
>>
>>60671417
Why else would they hide benchmarks this close to release? I mean if their showing is this shit when will we actually get solid info on the vega?
>>
>>60671417
don't be a fucking amd shill dude, the keynote today showed a pair of vega's in crossfire with so much microstutter and just overall shit frame timing in Prey that any AMD investor should be shitting right now because a 1080ti is doing 60+ fps at 4k on a single card with probably 30% of the power consumption that this crossfire setup had.

I really genuinely thing flagship tier Vega will probably be 5-10% at most faster than standard 1080, probably at a $429/459 price point which would have been incredible seven months ago. but at this point it's just kind of a joke.
>>
>>60671426

Sig-Graph in Bangkok. At the end of July. Which means no RX Vega in any appreciable numbers through August.
>>
>>60671449
>I really genuinely thing flagship tier Vega will probably be 5-10% at most faster than standard 1080
And consume 20% more power while outputing 5-10 degrees more temp
>>
>>60671465

And actually able to run Direct X 12 and Vulkan.
>>
>>60671458
>Announcing your specs on launch date
That is pure and utterly fucking stupid unless your product is shit. You release info earlier to generate hype and boost investor confidence. Don't give me the crap about Nvidia stealing the thunder, it is not like Nvidia can suddenly produce a card out of thin air.
>>
>>60671426
Because what they showed is not the consumer product. Showing benchmark numbers would be counter productive because idiots like >>60671449 would draw the wrong conclusions

They will not show any fps numbers before they have actual RX Vega cards to show.
>>
>>60671393
They have shown an engineering sample Vega from months ago that was 10 percent faster than the 1080. I don't think it will be that bad.
>>
>>60671478
Is prey DX12? It didn't run prey all that well.
>>
>>60671484
Actually, the fact that you're so fervently talking about it shows you know shit all about marketing brah.

They don't even NEED to release number today for hype, you're talking about it anyway.
>>
>>60671426
i'm being very optimistic but in reality it's Another Massive Disappointment
they've already showed they're able to run 4k 60+ in doom and i think star wars battlefront looked smooth but no counter this was on very premature drivers almost half a year ago.
therefore there's no question vega would be able to run this fine on one card given the partnership and driver optimizations up until now
it just makes no sense.
either shit PR team, or they're trying to fool/sandbag nvidia with really surprising performance and make volta DOA
i doubt it though
>>
>>60671490
>They will not show any fps numbers before they have actual RX Vega cards to show
Really? I remember they showing off Fury numbers well before they had the card.
>>
>>60671497
>All publicity is good publicity meme
It doesn't work that way for consumer products. You know that right?
>>
>>60671484

I am right there with you. Computex should have been highlighting Vega and showcasing Thread Ripper with heterogenous compute going on between the two.

Instead we got the ass kicker HEDT CPU. But Vega is nowhere to be seen acting like a dead fucking weight.
>>
>>60671311
have my upvote!
>>
>>60671449

You have to be brainwashed to believe that a company that has investors and pretty smart people on board will release a ~475 mm2 chip that can't compete.

Don't get me wrong, the highest tier Vega won't beat a 1080 Ti. It won't offer better price/perf compared to a 1080. The mid-tier Vega is where it'll be at. ~10% less SPs, overclocks to around base highest tier Vega performance for a significantly lower price.

Lowest-tier Vega will be another Nano, kinda pointless, hot and loud as fuck.

They will compete to a degree, mostly on price/perf, as they always fucking have. If you want the best then just get the 1080 Ti, no one's holding your money hostage. There are other people who want a better value out of their graphics card, especially ones with freesync monitors.
>>
>>60671497

Wrong fucko, the fact thay so many people are talking negatively about it's absence at Computex should be EXTREMELY worrying. Because they have shown nothing about it's performance.
>>
>>60671345
>Comes back to AMD, and gives us rebrands of rebrands
maybe they decided to forfeit pursuing a win during that period to try to focus engineering manhours on their new designs? I'm not arguing that rebrandeons were a thing, just that perhaps it was all in order to free up some resoruces for a nicely timed future comeback in the form of vega.

>While he tries to take credit for GCN "Fine wine" with Mantle/DX12/Vulkan
maybe because they have a small but hard working driver team, that can't possibly dish out launch day drivers for popular games, in particular those that are of 'twitmtp' persuasion, and since such things do take time, I could argue by quoting Raja himself that AMD released more single game driver patches under his RTG command than the total sum of the previous ati/amd merger.

> And he can't even capitalize on AMDs inherent advantages for said APIs.
like they're not trying. this isn't exactly AMD's fault. It's not like they can force nvidia, I mean game developers, to abandon dx11 cold turkey.

>He lets Nvidia steam roll his product announcements
yeah, the biggest gpu company by far margin. How dare he let morons such as them 'shit' on his loo? He isn't even using his bhramanic powers against them. the fool.

>He had ZERO response to Nvidia Gameworks fucking his cards up the ass.
such gaming evolved and rtg itself? yeah, he tots missed that.

>It's late, it's expensive, and it's not even close to competitive in the business world, or the gamer space.
it's late indeed. But i'm very impressed by your clairvoyance anyways.

>The slow adoption rate of ROCm and OpenGPU and tge ridiculously slow adoption of HIP and the slow dismantling of HSA is all him
the thing that was announced 2 weeks ago? yeah, slow as fuck. HSAis a a real bummer though, but at least it seems that they will try to push it again epyc.
>>
>>60671449
>, the keynote today showed a pair of vega's in crossfire with so much microstutter and just overall shit frame timing in Prey
How could you tell?
It wasn't a 60fps stream you moron.
>>
>>60671505
They didn't release any Fury X benchmarks before the launch day.
It's going to be the same for RX Vega.

AMD would only be shooting themselves in the foot by releasing Frontier Edition benchmarks now because they are not representative of the final product gaymurs will buy.
>>
ITT: be.4wsome shills some more, as his his job.
>>
>>60671505
this is RTG's Video card.
AMD and its graphics divsion split ages ago.

Talk about slow.
>>
>>60671552
>>60671449
https://youtu.be/WK9z6NO1qyU?t=3213
>>
>>60671541

Then it's a loss. Period. Six months after Pascal and all they can do is meet the current cards? Pitiful. We won't even discuss how woefully behind Volta they are with the bolted on ASICS.
>>
>>60671554
They did show us a Xfire Vega setup with tons of microstutter and screen tearing. I am sure that was a totally not shooting themselves in the foot by any mark.
>>
>>60671503
There's one thing everyone here can wholeheartedly agree in regards to something related to the GPU industry, and that is that AMD mkting is shit.
>>
>>60671572
You are forgetting that vega 10 is to compete with pascel

Vega 20 is to compete with volta and that isn't out untill end of q3.
>>
>>60671578
how could you tell microstutter from a 30fps stream?
>>
>>60671578
Wow, a projector can't keep up. Who knew.
>>
>>60671514

that can prove your argument false.
>>
>>60671604
>No FPS counter
>Don't turn on Vsync
>>
File: 1496199769912.jpg (156KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1496199769912.jpg
156KB, 633x758px
IM ORDERING A 1070 RIGHT NOW NO ONE TRY AND STOP ME
>>
I'm about to get the 1080ti at this rate, fuck me I waited too long forreal ah hell naw
>>
>>60670373
again with this stupid nonesence

keller already told when he left amd that he never touched the desktop zen
instead he actually developed ways to reduce the tdp on vega/k12 and mobile cpus/apus
zen is literally an amd child but the mobile zen is keller's child (along with some parts of vega)
>>
>>60671618
Just wait for the Vega, Vega will compete with the 1070. What it won't do is compete with the 1080ti.
>>
>>60671618
what makes you think that we will stop a spastic monkey to commin a planned obsolescence suicide?
>>
>>60670896
>>>60670573
>>Volta
>>2017
>Nah. They won't release a new architecture in the same year as their current flagship TI least they piss off the folks who got the 1080ti.
>>60670896

Why not ? They released two Titan in a year..
>>
>>60671627
and volta will beat the shit out of vega, waiting is a meme
im done
>>
Freesync monitors bug me. They have the largest amount of monitors but the least amount of decent displays. Few and far between 1440p IPS with QC issues. FPS range limitations unlike G-Sync which has wide FPS ranges. Some Freesync monitors even cost as much as G-Sync monitors when supposedly they should be cheaper. Freesync 2 where?
>>
>>60671652
the actual volta wont be the one the sentient leather jacket showed...

the volta you will get is another rebrand of maxwell with an updated microcode and how do we know that? well just how we did know about intel i9...their tdp and clocks have reached their peak
>>
>>60671684
But I thought they revealed 5 hours ago
>>
>>60671684
hahahha
>>
File: 1493841886279.jpg (307KB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493841886279.jpg
307KB, 1916x1080px
I'm s-still waiting. f-f-f
f
fffooo
f-for
v
veeee
veeeeeeg

~fuaahhh

vega
>>
What a shame. They just should just shut down their GPU division at this point. At least their cpu division just bitch slapping Intel performance and price wise.
>>
>>60671684
>He deleted it
Hahahahaha
>>
>>60671671
thats because 2k is a meme if you want a monitor you either go for a 1080p 140+hz or for a 4k 34 inc wide korean one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vvdvjralvs

this was the only vid that linus actually influenced me on buying and let me just say the monitor is a BEAST (for a freesync)and sexy as hell even when i use it on lower res
>>
>>60671776
>2K is a meme
>ultrawide isn't
lol
>>
>>60671896
2 years yes i would have agreed..
but more and more tittles are finally supporting ultrawide ratios already
plus its a fucking sexy monitor so who cares
>>
AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
File: 1464869661662.jpg (14KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
1464869661662.jpg
14KB, 367x321px
you just fucking wait they said crossfire Vega but it's probably 2 GPU on 1 card and Infinity Fabric makes it act like 1 card so there is no SLI/crossfire issues in games

fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu intel and nvidiots
>>
>>60672154
That's Navi. Too soon, dumb frogposter.
>>
>>60672154
>and Infinity Fabric makes it act like 1 card
that's the idea behind Navi
>>
>Just wait for computex Raja said
>Trust me
>July 30
FUCK OFF
That is like 4 more months before aib cards flood the market. REEEEEEE/
>>
>>60672164
>>60672165

Not him, but that's pretty interesting.

>inb4 4 GPU on 1 graphics card because of scaleability like we are seeing in AMD Threadripper (it looks like 2 CPU in 1 socket if you look at the X399 motherboard pictures)
>>
>>60672189
That would be Fermi 2.0 in terms of housefire
>>
>>60672207
Why? Smaller dies in MCM. Literally the holy grail of GPUs.
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.