[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SSH Coffee Shop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I have an idea that would be cool.

People could set up raspberry pis in coffee shops and people could connect through ssh and mess with terminal applications for fun.
I rigged up my own that runs a terminal OS I made.

Anyone agree?

Comment if you're interested with more in depth info.
>>
Why?
>>
Better idea is to set a pi with a wifi sniffer or MITM to squeeze out credentials from Kylas and Connors. The real challenge is powering the device.
>>
>>60668065
>coffee shop
>mess with terminal applications for fun

this is the worst idea ever
8/10 if bait
>>
>>60668135
Soldered a USB on it and plug it in
>>
>>60668135
Socket behind the flower pot or in the cleaning equipment storage room.
>>
Wut. Why not get a vps, run your shit on it, and let anyone on the internet connect to it. What am I supposed to meet you in some specific coffee shop 1500 miles away?
>>
>>60668184
Hmmm... good idea. Getting a Comcast router and hollowing it out would make it pass the college-educated barista suspicion test. An official looking sticker reading "DO NOT REMOVEbe- Property of CenturyLink" would also thwart the curious retards.

I like this plan.
>>
>>60668244
Just make sure nothing points to you, or someone might find out you're autistic
>>
This sounds really legitimately young and may not be bait, as such it's important to me that you continue being enthusiastic about things, that said this is why the idea is bad

>I have an idea that would be cool.
wrong, also don't say your own ideas are cool

>People could set up raspberry pis in coffee shops
Is it your coffee shop? or just like... one per coffee shop?

>and people could connect through ssh
why SSH? pi's have their own display outputs and if you want to use any GPIO functionality you would need it right infront of you anyways

>and mess with terminal applications for fun.
but that's not fun? it's fun when it's your own, and it's fun when you have a cool project to do, but just 'playing' on the console is something you can do from literally any computing device

>I rigged up my own that runs a terminal OS I made.
ok but that's not even the kind of playing you would do in public that's the fun you had owning one

The only thing I could see flying is If each table had a PI with GPIO accessible and a display, you set them up with easily flashable images and had some kind of 'hacker game' where you try and steal a kind of 'flag' file from someone elses pi, you'd have to make it easy for people tho, and include some kind of clever things with the GPIO (like 'whenever the lights turn off the firewall goes down but so does your display' or something)
>>
>>60669104
shut up fag
>>
Wouldn't that just be an internet cafe?
>>
>Comment if you're interested with more in depth info.
kill yourself
>>
>>60669884
by commenting you are expressing interest
>>
>>60668135
Make an XBOX HUEG array of 26650 batteries and hide it in a drop ceiling.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.